In order to beat the winter blahs, Ain't No Mom Jeans hooked up with Leisa Payton, a Personal Stylist at Nordstroms to glean some ideas of how to mix up our winter clothing with a little dose of Spring. Also, don't miss Part 1, a perfect little playground or play-date outfit.
For the next bit of winter inspiration (pictured again on Becky at left), Leisa chose a soft range of neutrals, paired with bright pops of colors, and finished off with light-colored leather accessories. The light gray boots and soft caramel bag are surprisingly versatile, and will only look better with age. I love this slightly dressed up (but still easy) look for when I'm headed downtown for coffee and a museum.
Becky is wearing a Phillip Lim blazer, Vince straight-leg jeans, Frye boots, gloves and scarf by Nordstrom's own brand and a Marni bag.
Ideas To Takeaway:
- For an infusion of Spring into your style, try a monochromatic pallet of soft neutrals: gray, beige, white. This works best when you mix contrasting textures.
- Add pops of color with winter accessories (scarf, gloves, hat)
- Turn any scarf into an infinity scarf: Leisa tied the ends of the scarf together and wrapped it three times around Becky's neck. (For a true infinity scarf look, just wrap it twice).
- Try the new short flat boot in a light color. They look amazing with jeans now, but will look equally amazing in warmer weather with skirts or shorts.
- Instead of a diaper bag, try a butter-soft leather messenger. It's just plain cool.
Leisa, thanks again!
To contact Leisa, please visit her at the Cherry Creek Nordstroms in Denver, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.