Mamas! Let's talk makeup! I'm excited about this one. For the first time ever, I actually feel on top of my make-up game. I mean, OK: keep your expectations low. I'm not going to venture into *real* makeup. I'm not recommending the blending of multiple eye shadows, nor will I use confusing words like "contour" or "crease" (I'm not clear on what they mean, exactly). But I will share my very favorites: makeup that is tried and true, makeup that is fool-proof to apply, makeup that helps restore my hot mama mojo, even on mornings when I feel (and look) roughly 153987 years old.
You know. That stuff.
1. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in Dollface - I call this 'barbie pink'. It perks up my most tired face, and lasts all day.
2. Fresh Lip Sugar in Rose - So natural, so pretty.
3. Tarte LipSurgence Matte Lip Stain in Fiery - I've tried a TON of red lipsticks/stains, and this is the best. It does come off on Pax's cheeks (and belly)…but…it's all natural? So it's ok?
4. Tarte Smooth Operator Clay Finishing Powder - Makes my skin look flawless and lasts almost all day. I don't understand why this stuff is so good, but the Sephora gal recommended it for my sister's wedding. I looked airbrushed in the pics, and never stopped using it. It makes me happy every day.
5. MAC Eyeshadow in Mystery - I use this eyeshadow to define my brows (with this brush)…or for smokey eyes (with this other brush). Love that it can do double-duty. I also had trouble finding the right brown for my brows – so many of them turned too orange. This brown has a subtle gray tone, so it just looks…completely natural. Weird, but true.
6. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer in Original - Not only will this (really!!) keep your eyeshadow in place all day, but it's perfect for tired mornings. (More on this in the video.)
8. Make-Up Forever HD Foundation - Another recommendation from the folks at Sephora. They promised that it would make my skin look amazing for my sister's wedding photos. It did. It also makes my skin look amazing, period. It's pricey, but I'm still using (daily!!) the bottle I bought in June, so…PPW*, right? Not as natural as I typically go for, but it is paraben-free.
*price per wear
9. Tarte Maracuja Glow in Candlelight - I use this to distract from wrinkles and undereye bags. You can see it a demo in the video.
Now. Here's a quick video "tutorial" (snort) of my makeup routine on those very, verrrry tired mornings. Warning: It's fairly awkward – I had to talk over Pax's gun-shooting, growling and shrieking in the background. Awesome.
Ummmm…yeah. That's all my tricks. That right there.
BUT HEY! Mamas! You guys are a veritable wealth of information…so share! If you have a blog and have blogged about your fav make-up products or tips, feel free to add your links into the little Linky Tool below. You can also add in pics from Instagram, Flickr, etc.
If you aren't digitally linked, also feel free to leave a comment with your fav stuff or tips. I'm dying to see how everyone else is handling the tired morning shuffle!
ps. The video. Umm….let me know: helpful and fun or totally annoying?