Mamas, the sweaters below are all stupidly expensive sweaters that are now on sale. And you know how the Shopping Enabler luuuuuvs her stupidly expensive sweaters.
Even better, between now until Sunday, Bloomingdale's is running an additional 20% off of the sale price with the code FRIENDS (including free shipping) These sales are seriously how I score the vast majority of my wardrobe.
Post-partum* Mamas and Pregnant Mamas…this one is especially for you.
*And by "post-partum" I mean anyone who has ever had a baby ever.
1. Vince Cashmere/Wool Seamed V Sweater, currently on sale for $260 –> $208 with extra discount
I live for Vince sweaters, and this one is lightweight, soft, and perfectly flowy for hiding a pooch. Yet it's not too bulky on the shoulders, so the overall feel is feminine, not tubster.
2. Free People Cozy Cat – currently on sale for $75 –> $60 with extra discount
This one hides a pooch beautifully, and the neckline is stretchy enough to nurse.
3. DKNY Dolman Sleeve Sweater, currently on sale for $176 –> $140 with extra discount
Well. If this one doesn't say happy new mama…I don't know what does.
4. Aqua Cashmere Sweater – Twist Oversized Cowl Neck, currently on sale for $180 –> $144 with extra discount
STOP IT. An over-sized, oatmeal, swingy turtleneck? Bestillmyheart. And she's wearing it over camo pants. [applause]
5. Aqua Cashmere V-Neck Elbow Patch Pullover, currently on sale for $142 –> $113 with extra discount
The black leather patches on the heather brown is killing me. I'd size up for a slouchier fit (and a lower neckline).
6. Autumn Cashmere Camo Sweater, currently on sale for $238 –> $190 with extra discount
Look at the banded-waistband-pooch-hiding-perfection! Look at that low nursing neckline! And best yet? Camo. Dang.
7. C by Bloomingdales Cashmere V-Neck Poncho, currently on sale for $198 –> $158 with extra discount
Gosh I just kinda want to wrap all up in this one. The cozy factor is off the charts.
8. Velvet by Graham and Spencer Dolman Top, currently on sale for $64 –> $51 with extra discount
This isn't a sweater….but it's so fabulously pooch-friendly and totally sexy and comes in a million colors that I was hoping you wouldn't mind.
9. C By Bloomingdales One-Sleeve Colorblock Cashmere Cardigan, currently on sale for $158 –> $126 with extra discount
Love the interesting twist on the boyfriend cardi stand-by. Layer over a nursing cami and let the deep V distract away from the pooch. (I'd buy a size up if you want goo pooch hiding.)
I know some of these prices seem high, but I'm a firm believer in quality over quantity (you can read my argument here). The pieces above are made with much better fabrics (we're practically drowning in cashmere) and seem to have cooler design elements than your average Old Navy sweater. I tend to buy a really expensive sweater once at the beginning of the season, and then once in January (both on sale, or, uh….eBay). Then I wear one allllmost every day.