I had so much fun putting together the capsule wardrobes for toddlers last fall that I thought I’d do it again for spring. Old Navy remains my go-to clothing store for Greenlea because she seems to grow in and out of clothes SO fast . . . and they make affordable clothes that hold up. Sticking to a general color palette and buying pieces you can mix and match make getting dressed easier (not to mention packing, which is much more challenging with toddlers!).
Old Navy always has SOME sort of sale going and right now you can get 40% off one item plus 35% off the rest of your order with code “SPRINGIT.”
1. Straw Hat: The easiest way to protect their noggins from too much sun is with a cute hat . . . and thankfully G LOVES hats, so she won’t rip them off as soon as we put them on her like she used to.
2. Hooded Anorak: A great layering jacket for cooler spring days in a perfect spring color.
3. Pink Slim Joggers: Throw these on with a t-shirt and denim vest or wear with a hoodie.
4. Striped Espadrilles: I love the navy stripes and the velcro for easy fastening.
5. Tank: An easy top to stock up on in different colors!
6. Tutu Dress: Wear over leggings and with a hoodie in cooler temps . . .
7. Wide Leg Striped Gauze Pants: OMG. These pants with the navy and white patterned top OR the tie-front top . . . she would look adorable!
8. Denim Vest: I always have a denim vest or jacket in my diaper bag during the spring and summer depending on the weather. It’s the easiest way to add just a little warmth.
9. Tie-Front Top: Another easy top for layering over and under things!
10. Ruffle Dress: I just love this dress . . . and it comes in a pretty beige pattern as well!
11. Denim Jeggings: Also available in grey stripes, these can be dressed up or down and wash well!
12. Hooded Sweatshirt: Also available in light blue, the hood adds a little style and warmth.
13. Patterned Cut-Out Back Top: If there’s one outfit I buy for G this spring, this is it. I love this with the shorts below but it would also look great with the other pants.
14. Patterned Culotte Shorts: Shorts are sometimes easier than dresses or skirts . . . wear these with the matching top or pair with a sleeveless top and denim jacket.
15. Colorblock Sandals: I have a pair of these for Greenlea, but we haven’t had warm enough weather to wear them yet. I’m hoping they’re good for walking!
1. Graphic Trucker Hat: My nephew looks adorable in his trucker hats, and this one is nice and simple. (Also in navy and grey)
2. Popover Henley Hoodie: A great layering piece – now under warmer coats or later as a jacket.
3. Best Kid Ever T: Don’t we all have the best kid ever?? Lots of other colors and designs are available and they’re either $5 or $7. Woot!
4. Flat Front Chino Shorts: A plain and simple pair of khaki shorts to go with everything.
5. Canvas Sneakers: Cute sneaks that are comfy and will stay on!
6. Sunshine Sleep Set: I love Old Navy sleep sets . . . I’ve long ago lost count as to the number of times I’ve washed them, but they hold up nicely.
7. Striped French Terry Bomber: A little nicer than a typical sweatshirt if you’re looking to add some warmth to an outfit.
8. Poplin Jogger Pant: Also available in a tan color, these are soft, 100% cotton, and machine-washable. Perfect for messy play.
9. Printed Crewneck T: I love these as an alternative to the typical graphic t-shirts that are made for boys.
10. Skinny Pop-Color Khakis: These come in a ton of awesome colors and reviewers love them.
11. Straw Fedora: I actually buy these for Greenlea . . . fedoras are definitely gender-neutral in my opinion and cute on both boys and girls!
12. French Terry Henley Hoodie: I love this color and style . . . would look great over all of the bottoms in this wardrobe!
13. Printed Henley T: Also available in a lighter blue-green color, a little more interesting than a plain-front t-shirt.
14. Pull-On Cargo Shorts: These are available in a bunch of colors and have a super soft and comfy waistband.
15. Perforated Slip-Ons: People have rated these 5-stars and mention that they’re comfortable, waterproof and stay on feet!
I hope you enjoy these ideas as much as I enjoyed putting them together!