I am a beauty product junkie. Anyone who’s ever been in my room can attest to that. But even though I try new products all the time, I have my favorites . . . those products that I can’t live without and will buy again and again. This competition is cut-throat, ladies. There’s no Bonne Bell in this bunch. (Nothing against Lip Smackers . . . remember the caps that were made so you could hang from a necklace or a belt?? Ahh, sweet nostalgia!)
From my favorite foundation to my favorite hair care line, here are the products that I reach for over and over again. Now (until 11/14) is the time to buy with 20% off for VIB customers using code 20VIB.
1. Urban Decay Naked Foundation: This is the foundation I use on all my brides. It’s light enough for even those who hate wearing foundation and buildable for those who prefer more coverage.
2. Foundation Brush: The key to flawless foundation is application . . . apply with a brush like this and you’ll get it right every time (no matter what foundation you use!).
3. Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream: This is my favorite foundation in the winter when my skin gets really dry – it’s super moisturizing and takes care of correcting redness.
4. Concealer Brush: Again, application is key and this brush is perfect for under the eyes . . . you can get right up to the lower lash line to erase those dark circles.
5. Kevyn Aucoin The Sculpting Powder: For contouring you want a powder that’s cool-toned but not ashy. This is perfect.
6. Contouring Brush: Application made easy with this pro contouring brush.
7. Stila Liquid Lipstick: My favorite kiss-proof, long-lasting lipstick in three fun bright colors including Beso, my favorite red.
9. Becca Highlighter in Opal: This is my absolute favorite highlighter . . . and, believe me, I’ve tried a lot! This will last you FOREVER . . . you need just the tiniest bit for a gorgeous glow (perfect for holidays).
10. Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer: I’ve tried TONS of concealer, and this one continues to win my vote. A little goes a LONG way and their vast range of shades mean everyone can find their perfect match.
11. Urban Decay Shadow Primer Potion: This is hands-down one of the most essential products in my makeup bag. It’s the difference between shadow that lasts all day and shadow that fades, shadow that creases and shadow that blends beautifully.
12. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Gel: Tames brow hair and keeps them in place! (Can be used alone or layered over brow pencils/shadows).
13. Urban Decay Naked Palette (bronze-hued), Naked 2 (taupe-hued), Naked 3 (rose-hued): The Naked palettes from Urban Decay (along with the Smoky one) are the only palettes I bring with me to jobs. The pigment and staying power of the shadows are awesome, the range of shades are create looks from a natural to a smoky eye and the brushes they contain are perfect for application.
14. Urban Decay Makeup Setting Spray: I swear by this setting spray for weddings and have people telling me their makeup lasted FOREVER because of it!
15. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz: My favorite brow pencil, the tiny tip allows for drawing in hairs precisely where you want them and it comes with a spoolie brush on one end for brushing, taming and blending.
17. Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencil: This pencil is the perfect eye liner. A ton (a ton) of colors and finishes, applies easily and dries to a un-smudgable finish (giving you time to fix mistakes before it dries and sets).
18.Clinique Long Last Glosswear: My favorite gloss . . . super shiny and long lasting. Tenderheart is the perfect nude color that I use on most of my brides, Air Kiss is a great sheer (almost clear) color to layer over other colors, Juicy Apple is my favorite glossy red and Kissyfit is a gorgeous pink.
19. Urban Decay 24/7 Lip Pencil: Urban Decay just redid all of their lip pencils and lipsticks and their range of shades is awesome. This liner glides on smoothly, isn’t drying and lasts alllll day.
20. Naked Smoky: The newest addition to the palettes I love, this one has the perfect range of greys, browns and taupes in satin, matte and shimmer finishes. Sound complicated? It comes with a lookbook that illustrates in detail how to get four different looks from the palette. This and the original naked palette are my most-used shadows.
21. Living Proof No Frizz Travel Set: I’ve recently been trying to avoid any silicones or sulfates in my hair products and Living Proof’s No Frizz line has helped SO much on my frizz-prone super dry and damaged hair.
22. Smashbox Photo Finish Primer: Want your foundation to stay? Apply this underneath and not only will it last longer but it will be easier to apply smoothly and won’t get stuck in lines and dry skin patches. It’s won numerous awards for a reason!
23. Benefit Cosmetics Puff Off!: I snapped this on Snapchat and Laura picked it up . . . we both agree it’s awesome. There’s a smooth metal applicator that feels cool and smooth against your skin . . . like sleep in a tube!
24. Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour: This is the easiest way to “do” your eye makeup. Swipe on one of the gorgeous colors and blend with your fingertip. One and done. My favorite colors are Rosegold (green eyes), Copper (blue eyes) and Moonlight (brown eyes).
25. Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Liner: This is the easiest liquid liner I’ve tried, and I’ve tried a lot! It also STAYS in place. THIS is the one I choose if a bride wants that liquid liner look.
Those are my beauty favorites! What are yours? Let me know the products you can’t live without . . . I’m always open to discovering new ones!