Happy Spring baby-growing mamas! Here’s a round up of some favorite current finds for you as the bump grows…a weekend’s worth of outfit ideas, too. Wearing the same few items for months gets kinda boring…I hear ya. Hopefully some of these will help add some variety to your inevitable capsule wardrobes.
Friday Night In
Let’s be honest. Most evenings especially first or third trimester the last thing you want to do is go out. Many nights are spent snacking and Netflix binging. Yes. It’s your time to indulge in that and not feel bad!
1. Ingrid & Isabel Handkerchief Tunic – This looks cozy, comfy and wearable after pregnancy. Win.
2. Capri Blue Candle in Grapefruit/Prosecco Scent – Musty smells bothered me SO much during my pregnancy. A fresh scented candle helped a lot.
3. Ingrid & Isabel Maternity Lounge Shorts – Super soft fabric and a soft drawstring on these lovely shorts. I got super warm later on and shorts were all I wanted to wear.
4. La Leche League Pullover Nursing/Maternity Bra – This gets a lot of great reviews. I found it more comfortable to sleep in a bra later in my pregnancy and when my milk came in because BOOBS. The reviews on this say to size up 1 or 2 sizes to accommodate the nursing boobs.
5. Ugg Scuffette II Snake Embossed – Such a gorgeous gray and a cozy interior. Yes yes. All the cozy things when you’re pregnant!
6. Josie Maran Argan Oil Body Butter – Of course a great moisturizer is necessary when you’re pregnant. I love Josie Maran’s products. They don’t have any bad junk in them. This is the unscented but this body butter comes in a wide array of scents, too.
Saturday Morning Shopping
Spring time is the best, yes?? Getting to the farmer’s market or flea market in those first few weeks it’s open is the most fun. And of course eating all your leafy greens while you’re pregnant is sooo good for you (and soooo hard…at least for me…I did not want veggies…at all… I recommend smoothies.)
1. Gap Bandana – Sometimes you get tired of wearing the same 5 maternity items. Accessories are a fun way to make your outfits feel different. This bandana is so cute and spring-y.
2. Quay Australia French Kiss Sunglasses – I’m way into clear sunnies and glasses these days.
3. Ingrid & Isabel Sasha Maternity Skinny Jeans – The wash on these looks great. Maternity jeans sometimes don’t get the cool wash treatments that regular jeans do. I sized up one size in jeans during my pregnancy but wore the heck out of a good pair until my third trimester because I’m a jean girl. Jeans also resell quite well and are a great investment for your maternity wardrobe if you’re a jean girl, too.
4. Oui/Non Canvas Tote – You can turn it around on those days that you’re just feeling ‘non.’
5. Gap Maternity Striped Tee – I really loved Gap tees. This one is especially cute. Size up one size to fit through 3rd trimester.
Saturday Night Wedding
Getting dressed up for a special event while pregnant (or nursing) can sound like a real chore. A few things that helped the TME team:
-Choose a flowy lightweight dress you’re comfortable in, especially if temps are warm. This cute dress below is lightweight, has a peek of lovely pink for interest and a panel for easy nursing. Love it.
-Scotti swore by maternity Spanx for support and smoothing under maxi dresses.
-Shana said a larger clutch balanced well with a growing tummy because tiny clutches, well, looked even tinier. Go big with your bags.
1. Baublebar Tassel Earrings – Tassles are so big. I’m liking these with the gold details.
2. Rebecca Minkoff Snake Print Clutch – I love this so much. DYING.
3. Lille Maternity Nursing Dress – This is so so cute and such a reasonable price. It has a front panel that slides over for nursing because ain’t nobody got time for taking half your outfit off to nurse the babe while in public. Nobody. Love this.
4. Nars Lip Gloss – My go-to gloss. I always needed moisturizing lip products while pregnant and this comes in gorgeous colors.
5. Sam Eddelman Sheri Sandal – Love the lower but on-trend block heel and the cute/interesting ankle strap (that you can loosen as the inevitable ankle swelling occurs).
Sunday Afternoon Yoga
Prenatal yoga was a life saver for me. It saved me during delivery because I had such strong legs and flexibility from practicing. It was my happy time every week and some of the stretches and relaxing poses were soooooo nice and restorative. Another amazing result of my yoga class was a core group of mama friends. My friend Kim was smart enough to collect a few of our numbers as we were approaching our last days of class and we met up in the early days of our kiddos lives…and vented and relied on each other for support. And the best part? We still all hang out almost 4 years later…our kids still play together, attend art class together and we have mama nights out on the reg at our favorite Russian restaurant. Invaluable. I highly recommend it.
1. LA Made Boyfriend Tank – Yoga and activewear maternity tanks are so so pricey. Unless you are hardcore and need a ton of support for your chosen workout a regular maternity tank with a supportive bra underneath will do just fine. Love this pretty turquoise.
2. Swell Water Bottle – This is just lovely! You have to drink a ton of water so you might as well get a gorgeous bottle for it, I say.
3. Ingrid & Isabel Active Maternity Capris – I kept finding items from this brand because they are well-made and still stylish. I feel like they’re making an effort to make on-trend pregnancy clothing and other brands are falling short. Love the black inset. Leggings were a definite must for pregnancy for me.
4. Lotus Nursing Sports Bra – I love this. It’s such a cute design, supportive and has the top layer that slides over for nursing. I love that it’s fun and not just a plain boring shape and color.
Shop Favorite Maternity For Spring 2017
Do you have any favorite maternity pieces you couldn’t live without for spring? We had the most amazing spring the year I had Sienna and I’m just wishing for some of those gorgeous April days this year, but no dice so far. I remember sewing a quilt for Sienna on the front porch in a tank top and sunglasses that year. Gahhh. Loveliness. I can’t believe that growing bundle will be 4 years old soon! Speaking of growing bundle, this was just a day or so before I had her…
All the love to those of you to whom this post applies and blessings on those babies!!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram @elletrain to see daily outfits, recipes, and of course, Sienna’s dance moves.