Dear nursing mamas…if you search ‘nursing-friendly dresses’ online…wow. Very difficult to find cute and interesting options. I polled the TME team and got some great suggestions as to what style dresses worked for us for nursing and did a little round-up.
Dresses are by far the coolest thing to wear in the heat! These styles should get you through everyday, date nights and summer events.
I tried to choose a variety of dresses that were first of all nursing-friendly, so you don’t have to completely undress to feed your babe (or seek out the nursing pod in A’s post) but secondly, interesting.
SO many nursing dresses are all the same, so I tried to choose some that broke the mold a bit, but were still practical (after re-checking in with the rest of the team, because apparently I’ve completely forgotten what I wore while nursing Sienna!)
I tried to include options that would accommodate regular nursing bras (like this or this – so pretty!), but I did include a few spaghetti strap options, too, as I know some of us like strapless bras for nursing (Shana swears by molded cup strapless bras for nursing-flip down and flip back up!)
1. Asos Maternity/Nursing Dress with Asymmetrical Hem – In love with the color, sleeve length and hemline. Easy for an everyday dress with comfy sandals or sneakers.
2. Anthropologie Noso Striped Shirt Dress – Casual cool, I’m in love. Julieta says yes to shirt dresses for nursing! The stripe and easiness on this one is just fab. I see it with simple flat slides.
3. Hello Miz Colorblock Nursing Dress – So cute and love the peep of a second color in the hemline. The black and the gray are my favs.
4. Kinwolfe Silk Maternity/Nursing Dress – This is just simply gorgeous. The price-point probably makes it one you’d check into for a special event, but that. Print. Omg.
5. H&M Nursing Dress – Really love the shape on this and think it’d be a really flattering choice…ruching at the waist, a blousy top and easy nursing capabilities. Comes in a stripe and a heather gray, too. Um, I kind of want this dress for myself! It just looks easy yet cute.
6. Asos Striped 3/4 Sleeve Dress – Love this nursing dress in a classic stripe and asymmetrical hem. 100% cotton is also a plus. Another one that I’d totally sport with sneakers.
7. Loyal Hana Cybelle Shirtdress – This dress is the coolest. It has hidden zippers for easy nursing but does not look like your typical nursing-friendly dress. Love love this black dot print the best, but comes in a few other prints, too.
8. Asos Mamalicious Cut-out Nursing Dress – Such a fun bright color on this dress and love the cutout.
9. Loveappella Jersey Maxi – Soft and pretty and the comfort of a maxi dress. It comes in some gorgeous shades, too.
More Nursing-Friendly Dresses
Congrats to all you mamas who are working so hard to take care of those babies, nursing or not. Nursing is really hard. Sienna and I had a tough time getting it to work for very long. If you are having struggles with it you are not alone. Reach out for help from your nurses or a local lactation consultant or your doctor. So many people are there to help you figure out what is right for you and baby. Please do not go it alone or beat yourself up over anything. You are awesome. I just had to get that out there.
Kiss those newborn baby heads for me. I have a brand new nephew I get to meet in July! Eek!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram @elletrain to see daily outfits, puppy updates, and of course, Sienna’s dance moves.