I’m going to tell you a secret! I’m not a big fan of summer. Why? Because when the heat hits there’s less options to play around to create an stylish outfit…and I can’t wear my biker jackets which is basically my best trick to pull together any look. So, when layering is not possible, what can we do? Find great, gorgeous and versatile tops that we can throw with some shorts and look AMAZING!!!
Anthropologie is having a big event of tops under $50. The main characteristic of these tops is that they are extremely versatile and can be dressed up or down. That’s all I look for a 90% of the time. Sooooo, it’s time to stock up – we’ve got you covered.
You’ll find my 6 picks below. My decision was based on style, reviews and materials used. I always like to know the fabric used (fashion designer problems).
1. Ruffled blouse: Not everything can be on the tee side. I love this blouse. It may seem like there’s a lot going on but I think it’s solved when you leave the neck untied. It’s great for nursing too! Comes in black, mint and rose.
2. Ruffled-sleeve top Why didn’t I see this before? This is one of the boxy, slightly cropped tees I mentioned were great for nursing. I always love a tee with a detail that separates it from the rest. The sleeves do just that. I like that the cotton is thick so no see-through issues. Comes in white, yellow and sky blue.
3. V-neck Dolman top: Switch your regular v-neck tee for this flattering, relaxed top. Comes in black, white, blue and pink.
4. Cascade tiered shell: So delicate and feminine. It comes in this beautiful light lime, red and white. It’s cotton and totally breathable. Slightly cropped, but unless you’re wearing low rise bottoms it shouldn’t be a problem.
5. Peplum top The cut of this top is really flattering. If you don’t have a small waist or butt it will give you one. This type of top is perfect for straight and apple shaped bodies. It comes in 6 different colors and reviewers say it has the perfect neck and arm holes! No bra showing!
6. Tie-sleeve top: PREGNANT MOMS this is the perfect top for you. It goes from maternity to postpartum and nursing! Comes in black, green, red and white.
I know I said 6 but I totally forgot this one!
7. Skirted top You have a pooch to hide? This is great for it. It works for pregnancy too. When your belly gets too big and lifts the top wear the Bellaband under it. That’s what I did! and off course extends into nursing…..Not pregnant or nursing….it would look great on you too.
Shop More Summer Tops Under $50
Hope you find your favorite tops here!! Happy Weekend!
p.s. Follow me on Instagram @theunbosom!