The joke around the Northwest is that we dress like we’re always ready for a hike at any moment. It’s not far from the truth and there are SO many gorgeous places to hike here (like Smith Rock above OMG) that you really do need to be ready at any time. Haha.
Give me all the mountains, fresh air, evergreens, warm clothing and hot drinks, please. I suspect many peeps in the rest of the country are into these things, too. Here are some of the pieces I’m eyeing lately for that girl in me…the one who’s always up for a chilly sunrise and a beautiful vista.
1. Stanley Vacuum Travel Press – This. For French press on the go. It’s durable unlike your glass French press and keeps the coffee super warm. Plus, who could resist this classic green? Love.
2. Patagonia Bivy Water Repellant Down Jacket – This adorably vintage-inspired coat is not only water resistant, but contains recycled duck down…responsible and cozy. LOVE this green so much.
3. Give Me Mountains Sweatshirt – Always. Unisex sizing. Love this washed blue.
4. J.Crew Everyday Cashmere Star Beanie – I think I could own everything with a star print and be happy. It reminds me of being out under them even on cold overcast days. I love a fun hat with a print to jazz up any plain raincoat or jacket.
5. Danner Mountainlight Cascade Boots – I can’t have a proper collection inspired by hiking and not include these. They’ve become the quintessential women’s hiking boot AND Danner is a local Portland company. I love everything about these and they are such quality. Made in the USA. Vibram Kletterlift outsole is specifically designed for comfort and durability on both wet and dry surfaces. They recommend sizing down a half size for best fit.
6. Wilderness Print – 18×24″ gorgeous artwork to remind you of hiking even when you’re inside doing dishes or something. Yes, please.
7. Sweater Weather Mug – Stainless steel enameled mug. So cute. Definitely pair with the next item.
8. Moonstruck Hot Cocoa – This chocolate is made just down the street from where we live in Portland. It’s seriously so so delicious and tastes great out of a cute enameled mug.
9. Madewell Road Tripper Jean – I’ve been dying to try these since Madewell make my favorite jeans. These are softer and a bit thinner and I think they’d be super comfy for hiking (they say they’re cross-country road trip approved!). 9″ rise and I find their jeans to fit TTS. Plus, these are a nice easy price-point at $75. They come in black, too.
10. J.Crew Shirt Jacket in Buffalo Plaid – Love this popover shirt. It comes in the classic red, too, but I love the black and white for a change and it would pair better with the red laces in the Danner boots. So soft and cozy and great over button downs, turtlenecks or tees.
11. Poler Napsack Wearable Sleeping Bag – If you live anywhere chilly at all you NEED this. I have one and it’s perfect for around the backyard bonfire, camping or just around the drafty house in the winter. I wish I had snagged this gorgeous color. It also comes in some fun prints. There’s a drawstring at the bottom that allows you to yes, even walk around wearing this. It’s amazing. I have the Medium size, but kind of wish I had a Small. It’s not super giant though so if you’re over 5’4″ I recommend Medium.
12. Old Navy Honeycomb Knit Infinity Scarf – I love an infinity scarf for hiking because no loose ends to deal with. I also obviously love anything black and white and this marled knit is perfect.
14. Kodiak Crew Socks (2-Pack) – Speaking of classics, I love these traditional hiking socks. So comfy and the red stripe is just yes.
15. Poler Waistpack – Another fun item from local Portland company Poler. This print. I die. Perfect for short hikes or day trips where you only need a few things. Or for walking the dog! I’m totally back on board with the waist pack.
16. Kuhl Flight Jacket – I’ve owned mine for a couple of years now and I can tell you it’s THE coziest and I wear it all the time. It’s a great weight, has a hood (that also zips away to create a thicker collar) has thumbholes in the sleeves, good pockets and washes well. This color also stays looking much cleaner than you’d think. I’m wearing a Medium and it’s perfect for layering over sweaters or sweatshirts.
17. Compass Ring – A sweet gift for anyone who loves to travel.
18. Athleta Polartec Power Stretch Peak Tight – These look amazing for hiking or running or just around town. They’re warm, perfect stretch and nice seam lines that flatter. Plus, a drawstring for a great waist fit and pockets. Love the color, too.
19. Ugg Classic Mini Snakeskin – Rest those feet after a hike or keep them cozy while camping…I never tire of having my Ugg Minis. I’d love a black pair and these are so cute. I think they might be the best gift for any gal for the holidays.
What’s your favorite hike ever? Any items on your wishlist for getting outdoors? Do share. And happy gifting.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram @elletrain to see daily outfits, IG stories of my home and kitchen creations, and of course, Sienna’s dance moves.