If you’re heading somewhere warm soon, congrats! I’ve cooked up a few collections to prep you for scenarios you may be encountering on your spring break adventures: lounging, playing with the kiddos, and an easy outfit transition for beach to a lunch date. My impression so far of swimwear for this year? LOVING. (p.s. The J.Crew pieces below are on sale! 10% off 1, 20% off 2, 30% off 3 and 40% off 4 or more items with code NEWNEW)
For Lounging Poolside
1. Sole Society Sunnies (under $25!)
2. J.Crew Longline Wrap Bikini – So pretty. And sexy and glam. And J.Crew make the best swimsuits. They last forever. I prefer it with the regular bikini bottom. Fewer ties everywhere. And I LOVE that bottom. It’s got great coverage and holds its shape, but sits at a flattering height on your hips.
3. Kindle – We all know…these are so handy for travel and well pretty much everything.
4. Gabriella Stud Fringe Drop Earrings – These are lovely and the muted gold would make them wearable with so much. The lightweight tassels also make them easy to wear.
5. Turkish Towel – These towels are so great for cutting down on bulk when traveling and they can double as a sarong. They also tend to dry much quicker.
6. Free People Mondrian Mini Tote – I love the handle on this. It also comes with a shoulder strap and a mini pouch. Perfect size for sunscreen and a kindle.
7. Kenneth Cole Slides – So fun and glam but would seriously go with everything from dresses to jean shorts.
More Suits for the Lounging Sun Goddess Who Doesn’t Have to Chase Kids
Fun in the Sun & Surf
1. J.Crew Striped Rashguard – I love rashguards for the warmth and sun protection and the ability they give you to forego any swimsuit mishaps while playing with the kiddos. I love the bright stripe on this one, especially with the muted green two piece to coordinate. I’ve always been a mix and match suit fan instead of matchy-matchy.
2. J.Crew High Neck Top – This was my favorite style top last year, so why reinvent the wheel, right? The gals stay in place and it covers your delicate décolletage area from getting too much sun. J.Crew suits will always be a favorite among the TME team for their fit and longevity.
3. J.Crew Bikini Brief – This bottom has a bit more coverage than their regular bikini bottom. While I have been doing a lot of squats I’m just not up for the booty-baring bottoms these days.
4. Madewell Cutoffs – Surprisingly, I haven’t tried Madewell’s jean shorts yet. If you know me at all you know their jeans are my favs. The wash on this pair is gorg and I think I need to give them a go.
5. Eastport Mesh Backpack – The sand falls out. This will be my new beach bag. It comes in a few other fun colors, too, but who can resist this great turquoise.
6. Silver Birkenstocks Mayari Sandal – I love love these more delicate Birks and this silver color is just pretty.
7. SuperGoop Sunscreen Mist Play – We’re SuperGoop fans over here, too, and this one is in a nice spray mist for easier application.
More Stay-In-Place Suits for Play
From Beach To Lunch
1. Sun Beam Highlighter by Benefit Cosmetics – Scotti loves this. Apply a bit before your luncheon for that lovely glow even when you’re staying out of the sun.
2. Kenneth Cole Mesh Inset One Piece – This piece is so sexy but also wearable. So glam, too. It also comes in a gorgeous bordeaux color.
3. Free People One Piece Jumpsuit – I’m not going anywhere warm for a while, but now I want to because of this. SUCH a versatile piece for vacation. Great if it’s a little chilly out for just a swimsuit, great as a coverup of course and great for outings, lunch, dinner, date night. LOVE.
4. Shine Raffia Circular Tote – Bright, happy, fun and on-trend. Woven bags are everything this spring.
5. Topshop Criss Cross Sandal – a pretty neutral sandal that will go with everything…also a great price at $35.
6. Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment with SPF 15 – Love this for just a little color and of course SPF.
More Beach-to-Lunch Suits
Rompers & Pants to Complete the Outfit
You’d think after 7 years here in rainy wonderland I’d remember to plan a little warm getaway this time of year, but alas, we’ll drive to find sun somewhere a bit east of the mountains soon. Did you know Oregon is made up of mostly high desert? Now you do. Happy travels, friends, and soak up some sun for me!