Originally published in December, 2014, this gift guide has been updated with all new links for 2015!
As Shana mentioned in her gift guide for Mama’s who work out, I’m not quite at that place where I want to work out yet. I’m still in the midst of “diapers and spit-up and stained nursing bras.” BUT! That does not mean I don’t want to look good or feel good sitting at home with spit up on my shoulder. I may not make it to the gym (YET) like I used to, but these gifts are my idea of how to add a little glamour to a not-so-glamorous time in life. They are the perfect way to make the mama in your life (or yourself!) feel a little more glamorous even if she has no place to go.
1. Sephora Glitter Happy Brush Set: These brushes are not only luxuriously soft and high-quality, but they would look gorgeous on top of a dresser or vanity. The set includes six brushes, including a blush brush, pointed foundation brush, blending brush, pointed concealer brush, allover shadow brush, a lip brush and an awesome glittery brush stand.
2. JINsoon “Toute Ensemble” Nail Collection: I’m dying over these four colors right now. I seem to be wearing either black or ivory on my nails lately (matches everything) and the confetti-like shades can be worn alone or layered for different looks.
3. Butter “Lip Service” Set: I love Butter’s glosses . . . they have staying-power without being sticky and actually feel good on your lips. Lip glosses are so easy to swipe on without worrying about precise application and they won’t dry out your lips like some lipsticks in the winter.
4. Nume Lustrum Set: Before the $300 price tag turns you off, know that I have NEVER spent more than half the price listed on Nume products. You can always find a promo code to get the price down. This set is the only one you’ll ever need as it comes with FIVE different wand attachments. I wish I had seen it before I purchased two Nume curling wands myself! Read the reviews . . . you won’t regret buying this one!
5. Gold Mirrored Tabletop Tray: Such a cool statement piece. I love trays and I use them for everything from serving drinks and snacks, to holding my remotes to displaying my perfumes. (It would be perfect for displaying the brushes from Sephora!)
6. Minted (Real Foil) Michigan Map: Minted has added lots of new additions to the foil designs this year. You can choose from cool maps like this one of Michigan or festive holiday sayings or picture frames for your own pictures that have gold accents.
7. Plush Fleece Lined Tights: These are pretty much a necessity where I live. If I want to wear a short skirt or dress in the winter, I have to wear these underneath. Fortunately, they are amazingly comfortable (soooo soft), don’t add bulk and are warm. They’re opaque so you don’t have to worry about coverage with shorter skirts or shorts.
8. Druzy Cocktail Ring: I usually go with dramatic statement earrings, but with Greenlea grabbing at anything and everything, statement earrings and necklaces are pretty much out of the question right now. This is such a cool ring and I love the colors . . . it’s also available in gold with a bright blue stone.
9. Starry Night Linear Stud Earrings: These look really cool on the ears. So unique and definitely statement-making. A reviewer mentioned putting on a plastic earring back under the clip that holds them in place keeps them from pinching too hard. I personally like the fact that they come with a clip because I’ve had ear crawlers that never stay in place before.
10. Bauble Bar Ice Lateral Ring: I love the way double rings look on fingers. They make a statement but are delicate so they don’t interfere with taking care of the little ones. This one is an awesome (and inexpensive!) option that can be worn different ways for different looks.
11. Pave Stud Earrings: These earrings are the perfect diamond studs without the diamond stud price. I’m loving stud earrings more and more (and not just because Greenlea won’t grab and pull them!) and the sparkle in these are lovely. Simple enough to wear every day and sparkly enough to feel fancy.
12. ‘Daphne’ Wine Glasses: When I first saw these glasses I was like “ooh . . . I need to drink wine out of those.” They’re available in gold, copper and silver . . . the hardest part is choosing which color to get. The easy part is drinking the wine. 🙂
13. ‘Never Say Never Mommie” Soft Cup Nursing Bralette: I love wearing pretty little bralettes under sweaters and v-neck shirts. Just because I’m nursing doesn’t mean I have to wear an ugly bra . . . and readers love this one! You could let the lace peek out under a sweater or use the clips on Undercover Mama’s nursing tank with it. This is one of those bras where it’s ok if your strap shows . . . and it’s thicker than most of the bralettes out there because of the soft cup inside (your nipples will thank you).
14. Lightweight Merino V-Neck Sweater (in regular or petite): SO . . . back to lounging . . . my “uniform” since I had Greenlea has been leggings (in faux leather, fleece-lined, patterned, etc.) and some sort of tunic shirt/sweater combination. This one is currently 50% off and selling out fast so try this sweater that’s 40% off right now and comes in some gorgeous blue hues.
15. Faux Fur Stole: I love faux fur. It’s an easy way to feel glam and it’s warm – which, again, is verrry important where I live. This blue-black scarf would look equally great with destroyed denim or a fancy dress. It’s one of those things that you can throw on last-minute and feel more put-together on your way out the door.
16. Victoria’s Secret Afterhours Satin Pajamas: Shana gave these to me for Christmas last year (2014) and they MORE than live up to my expectations. They’re super comfortable and have been in the washing machine many times without falling apart (I air dry them and they dry in no time). They also take up the smallest amount of room in your drawer or suitcase and are nursing friendly. I LOVE these babies.
So, during the holidays, I’ll be lounging at home with Greenlea wearing my silk pajamas, diamond ear cuffs, statement ring and faux fur scarf, drinking wine while doing my hair and makeup getting ready to go nowhere. Sounds perfect. 🙂