This post is sponsored by Athleta and ShopStyle.
Athleta reached out, asking if we’d like to cover their sale starting today through Monday: 30% off everything. Not only do I appreciate the retailer’s support in these tough times, but since I had literally just placed an order myself (OMG) this is obviously genuine (and easy, haha).
So. With my own recent shopping cart in mind, here are my current favorites at Athleta. Just for fun, I broke them out into three mini capsule wardrobes by color. Most of these pieces I own, have tried on, or have heard readers raving about.
Athleta Faves For Now: Mini Capsule Wardrobes For That #StayAtHome Life
1. Work From Home + Working Out
Leggings are for days I plan to work out. For doing that HIIT workout on YouTube, for dance classes on Zoom, or punishing myself on the Pilates mat. Of course, since I’m also working and momming and now — yay — homeschooling during this crazy time…showering and changing got pushed off the list. Instead you can usually find me in something I’ll refer to as Ever-So-Slightly Disguised Workout Clothes. Here’s a capsule to match my current life. (ps. Picture the below with silver Birkenstocks for lounging.)
- Purana Wrap Sweatshirt **SUSTAINABLE** – For something to just throw on over workout gear…you’d be hard-pressed to beat this wrap. Comes in either gray or black, and is made from sustainable TENCEL Modal™.
- Cloudlight Stratus Tee **SUSTAINABLE** – This pretty little tee comes in a zillion colors, and is also made from sustainable TENCEL Modal™. Available in petite, regular and tall sizes, so you can always get enough length to knot at the waist (or wear it out, depending on preference). Insanely soft, too (I own the tank top version of this top).
- Oxygen Top – This top is SO PRETTY on, that it can basically double as a going-out top (especially in black or navy). Just wear it with a normal bra for going out (ha, ha…ha) or with a sports bra for working out. You can see me in the black (size small), here (3rd photo from the top).
- Warrior Longline Bra in Powervita (A-C) – I love the back of this sports bra. And…because Athleta gets it, this sports bra is also available in D-DD sizes, too.
- Salutation Stash Tight ii in Powervita – These are my favorite workout leggings. High-rise, super soft, with a stash pocket for your phone. Also available in petite, regular, tall and plus sizes. Just ordered another pair in navy.
- eKO 4mm 71″ Yoga Mat by Manduka® (SUSTAINABLE) – I was gifted an all-natural rubber yoga mat years ago (during my chemo phase of life)…and I’ve never gone back. This one is made from all-natural rubber AND is pretty.
- Swept Up Headband in Powervita – So cute. Hope it will help hide my grays.
2. The Prettiest (New) Neutrals
Can we reallllly consider leopard print and tie-dye neutrals? I vote yes. Especially when they’re as perfectly executed as they are here. And – even better — I love what these pieces do when paired with white. The look is effortlessly chic…and a little bit playful. Picture the below with a rose gold Birkenstock, and this is basically all I’ll want to lounge in when the weather warms up.
ps. Many of you were looking for chic linen pants…these are my top pick.
- Organic Daily Crop Tie-Dye Tee – This reminds me of tees we wore in the ’90s. Love it paired with joggers or wide-leg pants.
- Farallon Jogger – The reviews are pretty glowing. The fabric is thicker than you might expect, but very, very soft. One reviewer called them ‘the perfect quarantine pants’ and many reviewers have them in multiple colors. Available in regular, petite, and tall sizes (they run a bit big).
- Cloudlight Stratus Tee (SUSTAINABLE) – This pretty little tee comes in a zillion colors, and is also made from sustainable TENCEL Modal™. Available in petite, regular, and tall sizes, so you can always get enough length to knot at the waist (or wear it out, depending on preference). Insanely soft, too (I own the tank top version of this top).
- Hyper Focused Bra in Powervita (A-C) or D-DD Sizes – The back is gorgeous and it comes in a ton of colors.
- Salutation Stash Pocket II Tight (SUSTAINABLE) also in plus sizes – Athleta calls this color ‘mineral brown’ but all I see is spot-on leopard. Love these for working out….or paired with a graphic tee for lounging. Ordered.
- Cabo Wide-Leg Linen Pant – I just ordered these linen pants…love the effortless vibe. Although, many readers swear by the jogger version, too.
3. Minimalist #StayAtHome Capsule Wardrobe
If I were to build a small #StayAtHome capsule where pieces all seamlessly worked together and supported most activities (working out, walking the dog, zoom calls, etc.) the below is my minimum set. NOTE: If you need to look polished during work Zoom calls, then add in either this collared shirt…or this one.
- Destination Maxi Dress – Julieta has been lounging around her house (looking fabulous) in a dress like this one…and this is a dead-ringer for the black maxi I practically lived in last summer. Chilly? Warm it up with the cropped hoodie over top.
- Conscious Crop in Powervita A-C and in D – DD sizes – This is my current favorite workout top at Athleta. So soft and comfy — I just ordered another.
- Salutation Stash Tight ii in Powervita – These are my favorite workout leggings. High-rise, super soft, with a stash pocket for your phone. Also available in petite, regular, tall and plus sizes.
- Uptempo Short Hoodie – Insanely soft, comes in a bunch of colors, and will pair effortlessly with high-rise leggings, flowy pants, and over most dresses.
- Tevas – I love classic Tevas. But in this case…I honestly can’t decide between the black or the white. Hmmm….(there’s also a colorful pair for those of you who like that…LINZI).
- Studio Wide Leg Pant (SUSTAINABLE) – Made from sustainable TENCEL, these pants (which, admittedly, are reminiscent of maternity pants and I am here for it) look so effortlessly chic and comfortable. They also come in jogger form, but I am loving the wide-leg silhouette, especially since they’re available in regular, petite, and tall sizes.
Hope you guys are hanging in there…
A huge thank you to Athleta for sponsoring this post! As mentioned, I’m a huge fan of the brand, and this article was a fun little distraction from real life. As always, all thoughts, opinions, and product choices are my own. And readers, thank you for your continued support It doesn’t go unnoticed and is so very much appreciated.