Back to School is here!
It’s crazy how fast the summers go, now that my kids are in Real Deal School. I feel like I hold on to them so tightly. Like it’s my time with them. Two short months of having them all to myself…and then it’s over and I have to start sharing my babies with the world again. My August is spent in denial that summer is coming to an end, that school is starting up again, and that the chilly fall air is about to start knocking on my door. August usually ends with me frantically scrambling during that last week. But this year?
Things. Will. Be Different.
Kate Spade New York asked us to help them get the word out about their back to school deals for students and teachers.
We are all about deals here at the Mom Edit. And I decided that — while I don’t come out of summer hibernation for anyone — I guess I would for kate spade new york. I mean, its KATE SPADE. NEW YORK. So I jumped on their site and OMG! Just like that I am obsessed with getting ready for Fall. And back to school! (Who am I? I don’t even know anymore!)
So here’s where I am:
Back to school shopping usually means supplies, backpacks, buying jeans that don’t have rips in the knees, haircuts, immunization records… Ok, I am starting to remember why I don’t face this just yet. I prefer to be the last mom in Target digging through the picked-over bins for the last pack of glue sticks. Don’t judge! I hold out to the last second. And when I start to feel like a slacker-mom I remember those days in the mountains watching my boys climb and run and collapse into their beds covered in dirt. And I mask my guilt of procrastination with a pat on the back for a summer lived to the fullest. But — unfortunately — “fashionably late” is only acceptable in certain situations and Back To School isn’t one of them.
So along with kate spade new york wanting us to feature their back to school sale, they were kind enough to ship over this Kate Spade New York Cedar Street Harmony Crossbody bag. And, first of all, I love it. Second of all, it totally kicked me into an organization kick for myself. I mean call me selfish, but if I am the one needing to get this family organized shouldn’t I spend a little time organizing yours truly? For me, back to school means a schedule with a first grader away full time, a preschooler who will be gone three full days a week, and a three year old who will most definitely be begging for ballet, gymnastics, and pony rides. As sad as it is to let them go, it also means that momma is about to have much more free time! To do those things like the gym (apparently this is a place one goes to exercise?) or step away to blog at the office (i.e. a coffee shop), edit videos, write and research, and finish an Americano before its gone cold.
Btw, I am so aware that motherhood is different for everyone. That summer and fall and back to school follow different stories and adventures. Some of us stay home. Some of us work and have been working all summer. Some of us are sending our first kid to school this year. And some of you are sending your last. So I pulled some inspiration for you guys. If you’re anything like me, maybe reorganizing yourself will be the kick you need to tackle back to school. So go up your game! Go add a little bit of fun and color into your fall!
Inspiration Board #1:
for the days when I still have one or two kids in tow (or weekend where I have all three!)
- Kate Spade New York Cedar Street Dot Berrie
- Ariel Glitter Glider and Avengers Action Figures
- Kate Spade New York On Purpose Beaded Key Fob
- Kate Spade New York Textured Stripe Scuba Fit and Flare Dress
- Kate Spade New York Cedar Street Harmony Crossbody Bag
- Buxom Lipgloss
- Honest wipes
- Old Navy Little Girls Underwear
- Kate Spade New York 2016 17-Month Medium Agenda- Quick and Curious
- Kate Spade New York Top of the Line Pen Set
- Ubbi Tweat Snack Container
- Kate Spade New York Toddlers Kimberly Dress
- Kate Spade New York Toddlers Top Liner Trench
- Kate Spade New York Saffiano Leather Scout Crossbody
- Kate Spade New York Gramercy Grand Watch
- Kate Spade New York Tracee Boot
Inspiration Board #2:
for the days on the go when I am on my own!
- Kate Spade New York Cedar Street Dot Card Holder
- Kate Spade New York Classic Stripe Notepad
- Kate Spade New York Stretch Crepe Bow Dress
- Kate Spade New York Gem Erasers Set
- Kate Spade New York Cedar Street Harmony Crossbody Bag
- Kate Spade New York Eat Cake For Breakfast iPad Mini Folio Case
- Lightning to USB Cable (0.5 m)
- Aukey 5-Ports Wall Charger
- Kate Spade New York Black Stripe Thermal Mug
- Kate Spade New York Walk on Air Rollerball
- Kate Spade New York Who Me? ID Holder
- Dinoplatz Lip Balm Too Cool for School
- R+CO Foil Spray
- R+CO Dry Shampoo
- Kate Spade New York Sidney Sneaker
- Lululemon Yoga Mat Strap
- Urban Outfitters Hair Ties
- Kate Spade Burnadette Sunglasses
- Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity + Sleep Wristband, Teal
- Kate Spade New York Micro Stripe iPhone 6 CHARGING Case
- Kate Spade New York Small Square Stud Earrings- Fluorescent Pink
- Kate Spade New York Holly Drive Compact, “Kiss & Tell”
- Kate Spade New York Alani Dress
- Kate Spade New York Cedar Street Slim Bee
- NYX Red Lipstick
- Kate Spade New York Ingrada Heels
And lastly, a little about that bag. Obviously, kate spade hooked us up with it. But I seriously think it’s super versatile and really adapts to any day of the week. And I am not one who would say that about a bag. I have, like, a million bags. And they all serve different purposes. They all have a time and a place in my week. But this strikes that perfect balance that can be dressed up or give you an edge when you’re dressed down. It can hang on the busy school runs and the date nights! And if the neutral color like mine is not your thing, the orange and the pink (as Rachel Zoe would say) are BANANAS!
This is my first sponsored post and I have to take a minute to say, I felt this intense pressure to keep it real for you guys! And while — from a professional stand point — it’s a dream come true, I really do hope I’ve inspired you to get organized however you do it. However life looks for your family and whatever your style is. Thank you Kate Spade for sponsoring and for filling my month of “back to school” with endless inspiration and excitement! I am ready to rock it with style and ease.
And FYI, Roman would argue the best thing on this list is the Arielle Glitter Glider toy! It’s her #1 must have item for Fall. Take or Leave it. 😉
peace ’n love — OE