Greenlea loves being held and would much rather be in my arms than in her car seat or stroller. As long as she’s being held, she’s fine. The first time I took her for a walk, she screamed bloody murder in her stroller until I picked her up and held her. She instantly calmed down, but every time I tried putting her down, the screams started again. As I started to overheat and sweat nervously because people were watching and I had to carry her AND push her stroller, I realized quickly that a good carrier was going to be a necessity. In my search for the PERFECT baby carrier, I found that there are a million different options out there and it felt kind of overwhelming when I was trying to weed through them all. Here’s one of my top picks for baby carrying with style.
The Sakura Bloom actually strikes that balance between functionality and style that was so difficult for me to find in one baby carrier. Here’s why I love it:
- It’s EASY to use (I don’t have to stand outside my car listening to Greenlea’s cries as I try to make sure I’ve got the thing tied correctly)
- It’s small enough to throw into a diaper bag or purse (unlike my Ergo)
- I can nurse under it (bonus – a nursing cover and baby carrier in one!)
- I can use it for years to come as they can be used from newborn age to 3 years (as long as I’m strong enough to hold her!)
- It comes in WASHABLE linen or silk (mine is linen) and a number of different colors (I chose the ash because grey is such a versatile color)
- I can put it on over outfits or under jackets and it doesn’t cover everything up and become the focal point of what I’m wearing (unlike the Boba!)
Carrier: c/o Sakura Bloom baby sling
Shoes: Steve Madden Nonstop Booties
I obviously have some strong opinions on baby carriers! I love my Boba and Ergo as well, but they don’t serve the same purpose that the Sakura Bloom does. If I need to clean the house and Greenlea’s being clingy, the Boba is perfect. If I need to wear her for a seriously long time, the Ergo is perfect. BUT, if I want to leave the house feeling like a hot mama when I run errands, go to dinner, meet friends, etc. the Sakura Bloom is my go-to carrier.
What’s your favorite carrier?
All photography by the fabulously talented Vafa-Coffmans!