The holiday shopping season is in full swing, so we shouldn’t be surprised that Black Friday 2022 sales are already going strong. To avoid getting overwhelmed, we’ve created a quick little ‘cheat sheet’ to highlight the best Black Friday deals. Not only will we update this cheat sheet daily (up until Black Friday), but we’ll try and keep it pretty tightly edited, too — focusing only on the best of the Black Friday sales.
We’ve started with our own personal holiday wishlists, then scoured pages on online inventory to try and figure out the best sales for everything from sherpa jackets to linen sheets, from jeans on sale to the best beauty gift sets. We don’t cover anything we wouldn’t buy ourselves (and, frankly, most of this stuff someone on the team has used/touched/tried).
The Best 2022 Early Black Friday Sales
Our top Black Friday recommendations are sorted by category: Beauty, Fashion and Home. If you know what category you’re interested in, use the buttons below to be taken directly to the section of this article that corresponds to the button:
TOP PICKS: If you’re not quite sure what you’re looking for…keep reading for some ideas. My top 5 Black Friday sales at the moment (if anyone cares) are Halfday’s ski gear (literally never goes on sale), Parachute’s linen sheets & towels, Athleta’s Sherpa Jacket (it’s a sweatshirt, FYI), GAP’s faux-leather pants (seriously bananas good), and Naked Cashmere’s 50% off cashmere (here’s my recent try-on article).
FYI: For more personalized Black Friday picks from the team, sign up for our newsletter. We have some fun plans for next week.
Since we’ve been doing this for over a decade, we’ve nailed the most surefire way to gather up all the most intriguing sales, the ones worth your time, attention and money. And to be blunt (Mercury is in Scorpio now, so straight-up honesty is where we’re at) it’s this cheat sheet. Look no further for the most effective skincare, makeup and hair products to buy this weekend (fingers crossed that this is the year the Dennis Gross LED face mask goes on sale). We’re also eyeing the most satisfying and useful kitchen appliances (Laura says Breville Air Fryer, I say VitaMix), as well as Parachute’s luxe linen sheets — they literally only go on sale twice a year, and this is one of them! (Sidenote: they’re not on sale…yet. But they will be, once we get closer to actual Black Friday 2022.)
The sales below are as current as possible, and we’ll be updating them from now all through Black Friday 2022 weekend (when we’ll be dropping our equally helpful Cyber Monday cheat sheet).
For more holiday fun when you’re done shopping here, head back to Holiday Central, our one-stop shop for all the sparkly, sales and presents we have to offer. Browse holiday outfit inspo here and get motivated with gift ideas and gift guides here. More Black Friday and Cyber Monday coverage lives here, on our full guide.
Beauty: The Best Black Friday 2022 Deals On Skincare, Makeup & Hair Products
Stocking up on skincare products during sales like Black Friday is our move. Skincare, makeup and haircare products are our team’s most-shopped category on Black Friday. Many of the brands we buy on repeat (Colleen Rothschild and Biossance, for example) always have decent Black Friday discounts, as well as Dermstore, whose Black Friday sales are usually fast & furious. As our most-used products go on sale (and yup— I need another radiant cleansing balm), we’ll update this list below. Right now, this list is a combination of BF sales that have started early, as well as sales that we’re pretty sure (based on history), will be worth shopping once they start.
Skincare, Makeup & Hair Products On Sale For Black Friday
- Biossance – 30% off sitewide! My top five products are: Rose Oil (I use this every morning and most nights), Lactic Acid Serum (I use for a week straight, every few weeks), Retinol (my new fav), Squalane Oil (we all use this as body lotion) and this kit (for Raines’ teenage skin)
- Charlotte Tilbury – Up to 40% off select kits! The two I have my eye on are this lip kit, and this epic shadows kit. (My two favorite palettes from the list are ‘the rock chick’ and ‘the rebel’.)
- Colleen Rothschild – 30% off everything!! I’m stocking up on my usual: cleansing face balm and this body scrub that makes the shower feel like a spa.
- Dermstore – 30% off until midnight PST, Cyber Monday (11/28). Use code JOY.
- Dyson – Up to $220 off select products. While Dyson’s beloved hair dryer and Air Wrap aren’t technically on sale, Dyson is offering three free gifts with purchase: a paddle brush, detangling comb, and a case to hold everything.
- Glossier – 20% off everything, or 30% off orders of $100+. Snap up this cute set for any tween/teen, and my personal favorites are Boy Brow and this super natural, sheer matte lipstick.
- OGEE – This clean beauty brand (made in Vermont) is 20% off with code GIFTCLEAN20. I swear by their contour face sticks.
- Nordstrom – There are a TON of really good beauty tools as part of their BF sales. My top picks are this GHD smart sensing flatiron (heats up in 2 seconds, voltage works in any country), or this GHD hot brush styler – adds volume and bounce to dry hair. Intrigued.
- Saie Beauty – 25% off sitewide! My favorites are slip tint, and liquid lip balm (which looks exactly like lips…but better).
Our Top Black Friday Picks For Beauty
Fashion: The Best Black Friday 2022 Deals On Clothing, Shoes & Accessories
Black Friday clothing sales are a funny thing: some retailers prefer to launch early (J.Crew, I’m looking at you), and then end up with a rather underwhelming selection left on Black Friday, while others often drop surprise Black Friday sales in a pretty epic way. This year, however, we expect that more and more retailers will drop stuff early (and, in fact, Saks is currently have a pretty epic sale on jeans — I just snagged this pair — and Athleta’s early BF sale includes my new fav sherpa jacket). Bottom line? We’ll do our best to keep a running list of Black Friday sales worth shopping in the list below.
Clothing, Shoes & Accessories On Sale For Black Friday
- Adidas – It’s a week of deals! I’m grabbing Raines’ favorite pants.
- Aerie – 30% off everything sitewide! I want this exact set in that gorgeous blue/green (top here). And/or these cable knit leggings (what??) with an oversized, matching sweatshirt.
- Athleta – Black Friday sales started! Take 30% off everything. Top picks are this sherpa-lined jacket and these fleece-lined leggings.
- Anthropologie – 30% off everything! If $$ were no object, I’d immediately order this dress. Otherwise, this flirty little number would be so fun to wear.
- Backcountry – Oh my gosh, my Danner boots are 25% off!!!
- Everlane – Up to 50% off select items! This boxy cashmere sweater has a really nice heft and fantastic shape (softer than previous years, too), and this hoodie is Mike AND Raines’ fav. It’s like a dressy hoodie, haha.
- Faherty – Take 50% off sale section! Snap up Mike’s favorite shirt (looks like a button-up, feels like a tee), or this sweater.
- Free People – 50% off select styles! I love this modern fisherman sweater (100% cotton, fits TTS), and can’t believe these cool Danner hiking boots are included in the 50% off, as is Amy’s favorite top of all time (she owns it in multiple colors). If you need a good gift idea, these (slightly ridiculous) fluffy slippers are ahhhhmazing.
- GAP – 40% off everything! I just bought these high-rise barrel jeans and totally get why Laura, Amy & Em LOVE them. They’re bananas soft (I’m literally wearing them as we drive the 8 hours to Vermont), and they couldn’t be more comfortable. I’ve also packed these faux-leather pants – they’re freaking AMAZING. Who knew GAP was so clutch?
- Good American – 30% off almost everything (use code BF30). I’m looking at these jeans, and am intrigued by this matching shacket & scarf situation. (ps. GA shackets are the best – I have this one.)
- Gwen Beloti – This BOB business has the best everyday jewelry we’ve found. Think: high quality, yet affordable…enough. If you’ve been trying to figure out stacks of rings or bracelets, or want to layer necklaces, start here. 20% off everything with a $75 purchase (and free earrings over $150).
- Halfdays – They make my favorite ski gear (seriously the best colors ever), and they’re offering $50 off orders of $200! These are my favorite ski pants, and this is my fav ski jacket.
- J.Crew – 50% off almost everything! Top picks are this feather bag and these cords.
- Jenni Kayne – 25% off everything! My top pick is still this sweater (I have the navy and the gray).
- La Ligne – BF Sale section launched. Everything is selling fast, but this cozy sweater in French Girl stripes (with a twist) looks great, as does this oversized, black cashmere sweater. The kind of thing I’d wear on the daily.
- Madewell – 40% off everything. Wear this instead of a t-shirt, or wear this as a shirt (looks like a The Great cardigan dupe)
- Naadam – 40% off everything with code BLACKFRIDAY40. This sweater is the softest, warmest, thickest cashmere I’ve EVER worn, this coat is a bananas good buy, and I love the tomboyish vibe of this sweater.
- Naked Cashmere – 50% off sitewide!!! This is my fav turtleneck sweater, but don’t miss this green, either.
- Negative Underwear – Today (BF) only, they’re offering 10% off their whipped collection – which is, arguably, their best stuff. I wear these to bed – they’re surprisingly sexy. Amy did a full review, here.
- Nordstrom – Their Black Friday sale just dropped! Top pick is this chain necklace (limited-time sale).
- Nordstrom Rack – Deals ongoing all week. My top picks are this cashmere ski sweater or this cute puffer.
- Petite Plum – Think matching family pajamas…but sophisticated. 20% off with code BLACKFRIDAY22.
- Printfresh – 25% off everything! Use code PEACE. Top pick? This flannel set in ‘twinkling trees indigo’.
- Reformation – 25% off everything for VIP (open to everyone tomorrow, 11/23). This is Ref’s only big sale every year, so things fly off the shelves. This is my fav cool-girl striped sweater (for Linzi & I both, 2 years running) but I just ordered this one.
- Saks – They took an additional 50% off select sale items!! I just snapped up this See By Chloe bag (in ‘cement’) to modernize my winter looks, as well as this genius cashmere sweater that is so unique and sexy.
- Sarah Flint – They only do a sale once a year, and this is it. Take $100 off 2 pairs of shoes, $225 of 3 pairs, and $400 off 4+ pairs. I swear by these heels (it’s the intensely padded footbed and sturdy stiletto for me), but am currently eyeing up this pair for summer travel.
- Sheertex Tights – All tights are $35!! These babies are basically unbreakable (as Amy demonstrated, here).
- Sh*tThatIKnit – 25% off everything with code ‘EARLYACCESS’. My favorite beanie style is this one, but this ‘apres’ beanie is calling my name.
- ShopBURU – She’s offering a small range of pieces in limited edition fabrics on sale for Black Friday! This seriously cool trench coat is my top pick.
- Social Threads – 30% off everything with code BLACKFRIDAY30. This small, online boutique specializes in seriously cute clothing in the under $100(ish) price range. And the two moms who own it are super nice, too. Think: fun, going-out clothes that won’t break the bank.
- Tamara Mellon – Up to 70% off the most splurge-worthy boot & shoe selection I’ve ever seen. Best approach is to sort by size, and I’m currently eyeing up this boot or this boot. (Beware – most are final sale, tho.)
- The Tiny Closet – This sustainably minded, Black-owned business is a team fav, and she’s doing an epic (and never-before seen) Black Friday sale. This is my top pick.
- Under Armour – 30% off sitewide, ends 11/28. I own this cool fleece and this cropped sweatshirt. Both are great over leggings in the morning. I’m putting my order in now for my boys’ skiing baselayers: 4.0 is the absolute warmest (for really frigid days), but they generally use the 2.0 most of the time.
Our Top Black Friday Picks For Fashion
Home: The Best Black Friday 2022 Deals On Kitchen Appliances, Tech & Decor
This is another Black Friday category I get realllllly excited about. If nothing else, treat yourself to Parachute’s linen sheets this Black Friday and thank me later. They’re both luxurious (I feel like a very fancy lady) and durable. I’m also a big (HUGE) fan of the zero-waste cleaning brand Blueland. They’ve significantly reduced the amount of plastic (and yucky chemicals) we use in our home, and I highly recommend their kitchen, laundry and cleaning supplies. Lastly, I’m excited to get my new Our Place ovenwear. I’ve been looking for something functional and pretty (if I bake something I need some oooh’s and ahhh’s) and theirs is perfect.
Kitchen Appliances, Home Decor & Tech On Sale For Black Friday
- Amazon – TONS of BF deals. Mike says this TV is a good one, and there’s also Laura’s air fryer/smart oven and my Vitamix.
- Anthropologie – 30% off everything! My gorgeous (giant) mirror is included, but also don’t miss their selection of very giftable coffee table books (I have this one).
- Backcountry – 20% off one item (like this Yeti mug), plus a decent sale selection including my fav Rumpl blanket & stash mat.
- Blueland – 20% off orders of $75! We use everything in the Clean Suite Kit, but I’d definitely add the Oxi Laundry Booster, too.
- Dyson – Select vaccuums and air purifiers on sale! We have this one.
- Food52 – 20% off everything with code CHEERS20! This place is super dreamy to browse – it’s one of my favorite places to shop. I think I’m going to order this gorgeous citrus wreath for the holidays.
- Our Place – Up to 45% off sitewide! Linz swears by their Perfect Pot (looks cute on her stove, surprisingly lightweight), but I just ordered this (in pink).
- Oura Ring – Mike and I swear by these rings, especially for solving sleep issues. They’re running an early Black Friday sale for $50 off a Gen3.
- Parachute – 20% off all items while supplies last. I’m addicted to their their linen sheets, and we have (and love) Parachute’s towels, too. This bath mat is my particular favorite. Highly recommend.
- Shutterfly – 50% off everything with code EXTRA. Cards & photobooks are included, but I’m more excited about the gifts – like this sherpa math blanket I’m tempted to get Pax, or this cute picnic blanket that would make a great gift with matching picnic dishes. Also, these customizable pencils are going in my kids’ stockings.
- Target – TONS of Black Friday deals are live! My top pick is the Ember mug. Actually, get the metallic – it’s significantly more luxe irl.
- The Mirror – This is a mirror that also streams workout classes – similar to Peloton, but no bike needed. Ever since Lululemon bought this product, I’ve been deeply intrigued. It’s now a whopping $700 off with code LLSTUDIO700.
- West Elm – 20% off all holiday decor, and those faux-fur throws we all have and love. (They really are the best.)
- Williams-Sonoma – They’re price-matching! And their list of sales now reads like my kitchen favs: my exact Vitamix, Le Creuset, and Emelie Henry, to name a few.
Our Top Black Friday Picks For Home
We hope this makes your shopping experience a lot easier, and maybe even a little more fun. We’ll keep this post up-to-date all through Black Friday weekend, so be sure to bookmark it, and sign-up for our newsletter for more personalized Black Friday picks. See you Cyber Monday!