Here we are, summer’s last (official) hurrah. And while I hope you have plans for mad relaxing this weekend, should you feel like shopping, we’re happy to help. Consider this list of sales (and highly opinionated recommendations) our attempt at cutting through the noise.
As always, this Labor Day Sales Cheat Sheet has a list of sales, sorted by type (see the jump links below). But before you head there, we’re starting with a list of our very top Labor Day sales, as well as some personal recommendations — the things that are currently in my cart (if you care).
Start Here: The 8 Best Labor Day Sales Of 2023
- Backcountry’s Labor Day Gear Sale – Whether it’s Patagonia jackets for my guys, or ski & snowboard gear, this is one of the first places I go to get ready for winter. If nothing else…these ski socks.
- Naadam’s 20% Off Everything – While much of the Labor Day sale clothing is summer-focused, Naadam — one of my very favorite cashmere brands (which goes up to plus sizes) — has a pretty epic site-wide sale. I’ve been coveting this wildly sexy sweater for months now, and I wore a cashmere tank like this one allll winter last year (size up — they’re really good slouchy). Of course, this luxe cable-knit cashmere set (top, joggers) would make one heck of gift (to mahself, haha).
- Adidas’ Sale – if you’re also slow/late to the back-to-school game, the adidas sale is basically filled with all of the stuff that my boys want to wear this year (me too). I’m adding these straight-leg sweatpants (and maybe these) to my cart for Raines (my oldest). Check out more of our team faves, here.
- J.Crew’s 40% Off Sale – Gahhh, J.Crew is on fire right now. Not only does it have the suuuuper-soft flannel shirts my boys love (kid size and men’s size), but J.Crew just reissued its sweater-blazer in a modern long length that spoofs a tailored coat. SO GOOD. I’m also deeply into this textured bucket bag.
- Levi’s Sale – If you’re looking for jeans in a fresh, modern cut (read: not skinny jeans), head on over to Levi’s for 30% off everything. I own and love Levi’s 501 ’90s jeans (although this wash is better), Julieta & I both love Levi’s ’70s high-rise flares, I’ve been wearing the baggy dad jeans all summer, and I’m planning to order Levi’s wide-leg ribcage jeans now (they come in several different lengths).
- Our Place Sale – Since we’re about to be back in the school flurry of making breakfasts, packing lunches, and sitting down to family dinners, I usually use the Labor Day sales to refresh any needed kitchen gear. Our Place bundles are currently a whopping 40% off, but I’m heading straight for this ovenware set. Unlike Our Place’s last sale, all colors are fully stocked!
- Food52 – Take up to 25% off your entire purchase (depending on how much you spend). I LOVE Food52’s gorgeous edit of all things kitchen & food. This is one of the most exciting websites to browse. Currently in my cart are these tumblers (which I absolutely don’t need) and these insulated spill-proof bowls for packing lunches (which I definitely do need).
- Molekule Air Filters – As a seasonal allergy sufferer (gahhh, I sound like an ad — sorry), I cannot recommend these highly enough. They’ve been a game-changer for me. We have the Air Pro on every floor in the house and the Air Mini by my bed. HIGHLY recommend.
- Rumpl Blankets & Stash Mats – We bring these puffy, lightweight blankets & waterproof mats freaking everywhere. While I’ve been using mine at the beach recently, we also swear by them for winter campfires & even staying warm slopeside. (Rumpl is a climate-neutral-certified brand too.)
- Colleen Rothschild Beauty – Take up to $75 off, depending on how much you spend. I immediately go for the jumbo Cleansing Oil (I love this product with the passion of ten thousand suns), but I’m also eyeing up the Illuminating Tinted Eye Cream. It’s got the heavy hitters (hyaluronic acid, peptides) with caffeine to de-puff, and shiny little pearls, oooo.
The Best 2023 Labor Day Sales From Our Fave Clothing, Beauty & Home Brands
As we get closer to Labor Day itself, we’ll keep refreshing this cheat sheet as we learn more about the sales. As it stands right now, we’ve found some pretty exciting finds in clothing — everything from pretty sundresses to cashmere sweaters, as well as modern denim cuts and ballet flats…to cool stuff for the kids. Our home section (courtesy of Abby) has both the pretty & the practical, and we also recruited our resident makeup artist to weigh in on the beauty deals. Let’s get into it.
Fashion: The Best Labor Day Sales On Clothing, Shoes & Accessories
Most Labor Day clothing sales are end-of-season summer pieces, which I’m not mad about because it means that this ALC sundress I’ve been coveting is finally on sale! Sundresses, in fact, are some of the most exciting Labor Day sale finds this year. Case in point: this one or this one (both under $100), or even Naadam’s 100% cashmere slip dress, which could arguably be worn year-round. I always appreciate when a retailer offers a flat discount, and J.Crew’s Labor Day sale (40% off your purchase) is especially exciting. J.Crew just reissued its sweater-blazer in a new, long length, and it’s a genius (and comfy) stand-in for a tailored coat — I LOVE it. I’m also eyeing up this backless sweater because wow. And if you’re looking for ballet flats on sale…these studded Staurt Weitzman ballet flats are 51% off.
Lastly, I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention jeans. While there are plenty of skinny jeans on sale everywhere, if you’re looking for a modern, fresh cut try Levi’s wide-leg ribcage jeans (comes in several lengths), ’70s high-rise flares and baggy dad jeans, or even J.Crew’s slim boyfriend jeans.
Clothing, Shoes & Accessories On Labor Day Weekend Sale
- Abercrombie + Fitch – up to 25% off select items | extra 15% off almost everything – top pick
- Adidas – up to 55% off with code SEPTEMBER – top pick
- Aerie – 25-70% off – top pick
- American Eagle – 25-70% off | 30-50% off jeans – top pick
- Andie Swim – 30% off sitewide w/code LABORDAY – top pick
- Anthropologie – extra 40% off sale | up to 50% off furniture | 20% off beauty – top pick
- Athleta – up to 60% off sale – top pick
- Banana Republic – up to 40% off – top pick
- Bloomingdale’s – extra 30% off clearance | save 25-40% off site – top pick
- Boden – 30% off everything – top pick
- Eloquii – up to 50% off select styles with code EQWKND – top pick
- Everlane – up to 60% off markdowns – top pick
- Faherty – up to 40% off – top pick
- Frank + Eileen – 40% off – top pick
- Free People – extra 25% off sale – top pick
- Gap – up to 70% off sale styles | 40% off purchase | 50% off jeans, sweatshirts + tees – top pick
- Good American – 20% off sitewide | use code TAKE20 | extra 50% off all markdowns – top pick
- Goop – sale section – top pick
- J.Crew – 40% off select styles | extra 60% off sale | use code SHOPNOW – top pick
- Jenni Kayne – 20% off sitewide | use code LDWEVENT20 – top pick
- Kule – 20% off 2+ – top pick
- Levi’s – 30% off sitewide | extra 50% off sale – top pick
- Loft – extra 70% off sale styles | 30% off full-price styles – top pick
- Lunya – TBD – top pick
- Nordstrom – up to 60% off – top pick
- Nordstrom Rack – up to 70% off clearance deals | extra 25% off clearance – top pick
- Madewell – 30% off pre-fall styles | extra 40% off sale | use code COOLDOWN – top pick
- Naadam – 20% off site wide | use code LDW20 – top pick
- Naked Cashmere – sale section – top pick
- Old Navy – up to 60% off storewide | up to 75% off clearance – top pick
- Printfresh – take an additional 20% off sale items, for a total of up to 70% off with code BYESUMMER | includes PF x The Mom Edit collection! – top pick
- Saks Fifth Avenue – up to 75% off must-have styles | designer sale up to 70% off – top pick
- Shopbop – up to 70% off – top pick
- Social Threads – 60% off sale collection + 2x points for loyalty members – top pick
- Splendid – 40% off almost everything use code ALLIN – top pick
- Tory Burch – sale section – top pick
- UpWest – extra 40% off sale with code EXTRA40! – top pick
- Victoria Emerson – sample sale – top pick (or this for Apple Watch users)
- Vince – up to 70% off sale with code SUMMER25 – top pick
- Vuori – sale section – top pick
Our Top Fashion Picks For 2023 Labor Day Sales
Home: The Best Labor Day Sales On Decor, Kitchen Appliances, Outdoor Gear & Luggage
Home sales shine during Labor Day weekend, so I give myself (this is Abby, the home-obsessed, btw) an entire hour or two to peruse my favorite websites to meticulously seek out the golden finds of bunch. And of course I had to share my favorite gems with you all. It’s kiiind of my job. Anthropologie’s home section is up to 50% off (!!), and I can’t stop looking at this indoor/outdoor pouf and this ottoman. You can throw these babies anywhere, and it looks cozily adorable. Perhaps the top home sales pick? Yup, a 50% off Solo Stove fire pit. Backcountry has three sizes on sale, and Shana has subconsciously convinced me that I need one (she’s a big fan). This carry on bag by Paravel ($100 off) is one of my next big purchases, as my current one got a little (a lot*) banged up after my latest flight. One of my newest obsessions, Food52, has one of the best sales going on (see the list below for details), and I’m freakin’ smitten with its stuff. In my bag: this fancy olive oil, these tumblers (gahhh, I love the blue) and this copper pan, hehe (I won’t buy, but I WANT TO).
Home Decor, Kitchen Appliances & Outdoor Gear On Labor Day Weekend Sale
- Anthropologie – up to 50% off furniture + decor – top pick
- Backcountry – up to 40% off gear sale – top pick
- DICK’s Sporting Goods – up to 50% off – top pick
- Dyson – deals on vacuums, fans/air purifiers and hair tools – top pick
- Food52 – 20% off $250+, 25% off $500+ with code SAVEBIG – top pick
- Molekule Air Purifiers – $300 off Air Pro | $75 off Mini – top pick
- Parachute – mattress sale | sale section – top pick
- Paravel – up to 40% off sale – top pick
- Target – tons of deals, especially in home, electronics & outdoor – top pick
- West Elm – up to 60% off | up to 60% off clearance – top pick
- Williams-Sonoma – a bunch of limited-time offers – top pick
Our Top Home & Outdoor Picks For 2023 Labor Day Sales
Beauty: The Best Labor Day Sales On Hair, Makeup & Skincare
Scotti here. S asked me to weigh in on the makeup & beauty deals since that’s kind of my thing. And the beauty sale I’m most excited about? 25% off sitewide at Bobbi Brown. My favorite bronzer and lip gloss formulations come from this brand, and this year I’m snagging this highlighter on sale. I’m also going to replenish this Sarah Happ lip scrub that Greenlea and I (and reviewers) love — at 20% off! Of course, this is the time I always stock up on my Colleen Rothchild essentials (the retinol night oil and eye serum are favorites I’ve purchased over and over again), and this year I’m excited to try the Illuminated Tinted Eye Cream for the first time. Also…if anyone ever catches this, the most wonderful fragrance ever, on sale, let me know!
Hair, Makeup & Skincare On Labor Day Weekend Sale
- Biossance – free 8-pc mega glow gift on orders $75+ with code GETGLOWING – top pick
- Briogeo – 20% off sitewide – top pick
- Colleen Rothschild – $25 off $100+ code: LABOR25 | $50 OFF $200+ code: LABOR50 | $75 off $300+ code: LABOR75 – top pick
- Nordstrom – up to 60% off – top pick
- Saks Fifth Avenue – sale section – top pick
- Sephora – up to 50% – top pick
- Supergoop! – 20% off | use code SUN20 – top pick
- Ulta – 21 Days of Beauty (50% off “must-have” picks from Aug 27-Sept 16) – top pick
- Verishop – starting at 20% off – top pick
Our Top Beauty Picks For 2023 Labor Day Sales
Kid’s: The Best Labor Day Sales On Kids’ Clothing, Shoes & Accessories
The Labor Day sales on kids’ clothes are really, really good. If you’re still in baby mode, head right on over to Splendid. Its selection is so sweet (and practical too — both my boys wore a ton of Splendid’s suuuuper-soft baby clothes when they were young). And don’t miss the fuzzy North Face bear pieces at Bloomingdale’s, either. For older kids, I love these Nike Blazers at Nordstrom, or adidas’ seriously cool twist on Superstars. I also really appreciate Old Navy’s gender-neutral line (the sweatpants & hoodies are totally on point). But my favorite place to shop for kids’ clothes is Maisonette. The selection is epic. Think: unique, cool and — thanks to the big sale — more affordable too.
Kid’s Clothing, Shoes & Accessories On Labor Day Weekend Sale
- Abercrombie & Fitch – 30% off almost everything | extra 15% off select styles – top pick
- Adidas – sale section, up to 55% off – top pick
- Athleta Girl – sale section, up to 60% off – top pick
- Bloomingdale’s – extra 30% off clearance | save 25-40% off site – top pick (kids) or baby
- Boden – 30% off everything – top picks are one, two, three
- Crewcuts – extra 60% off sale styles | 40% off almost everything else with code SHOPNOW – top picks one, two
- Gap Kids – up to 70% off sale styles | 40% off purchase – top picks one, two
- Maisonette – up to 40% off – top picks one, two
- Nordstrom – huge clearance sale – top pick
- Old Navy – up to 60% off storewide | up to 75% off clearance – top pick
- Splendid – 40% off almost everything use code ALLIN – top picks for baby one, two
Our Top Labor Day Sales Picks For Baby, Kids, Tweens & Teens
P.S. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter to never miss a sale. Choose your delivery preferences & sign up, right here.