Memorial Day Weekend already? You’ve gotta be kidding me. Seems like just yesterday we were hitting up the grocery store in a panic, preparing to hunker down for what we thought would be a cool three week — maybe four week — long Spring Break. And at the same time, doesn’t that also feel like…years ago? Time is a confusing little bugger when there are very few things to break it up. We’ve had our fair share of fun these past couple of months, to be sure, but this week many of the feelings from this post are creeping back in. The overwhelm is real.
Em’s Memorial Day Sales Edit: Rebecca Minkoff, Lucky Brand, Pottery Barn & More Favs
But if anything can distract me from these funky times, you can bet it’s retail sales, and this weekend (par for the course) there are some good ones. So many, in fact, that I had to get a little creative in how to cover ’em, so here’s what we’re looking at:
- My Memorial Day Weekend Sale Wish List. We’re talking 17 tightly curated things I’m seriously considering picking up this weekend. In the case of these Paul Green sneakers, they’re already en route to me. The reviews were just too good: “shoes that feel like socks;” “flattering platform that shortens big feet;” oh, and “buttery leather” made it into too many reviews to count. Also, they’re 60% off. (UPDATE: Sizes are going fast!) But holy heck, I’m getting distracted…
- Six Memorial Day Weekend Sale Finds I Have and Love. Self-explanatory.
- Favorite Sales Picks by Retailer. Seriously tempting finds from some of my very favorite retailers.
Easy enough, right? Let’s get into it.
Note: If you just want quick shoppable links to the products shown, click on the collage below.
1 // Em’s Memorial Day Weekend Sales Wish List
1. One-Shoulder Striped Ruffled Blouse // I love mixing flirty pieces like this with my daily uniform components — distressed denim, or even athletic joggers — to feign a sense of effort. The oversized ruffle on this one looks particularly playful and high-fashion.
2. Rebecca Minkoff Love Eye Graphic Tee // Prettttty picky about graphic T’s, and it’s not very often I go for a graphic tee that features anything other than a band, but the simplicity of this one is tops. I imagine the quality is probably up there, too.
3. Lucky Brand AC/DC Graphic Tee // Speaking of band tees, I have amassed a small collection of Lucky Brand band tees, and they’re all some of the most worn items in my closet. This AC/DC number would be right at home. Fit is generally TTS; size up if you want something that looks a bit slouchier, like the picture above.
4. Paul Green Bronte High Top Sneaker // As mentioned above, these are already en route to me. The reviews were just too good: “shoes that feel like socks;” “flattering platform that shortens big feet;” oh, and “buttery leather” made it into too many reviews to count. Supposedly super light and just comfy as heck. Also, they’re 60% off, so… (Sizes are going fast!)
5. Rebecca Minkoff Bucket Bag // My love for Rebecca Minkoff is showing big time in this post, but that should surprise no one. This bucket bag feels like the vintage thrifting score of the century — but, of course, it’s brand spankin’ new. Just over $100, too — great price for a bag that would get daily wear around here. (Note: if the link shows this item is sold out, be sure BLACK is selected on the color drop down.)
6. High Rise Destructed Cheeky Jeans // I’ve been meaning to order these since the last time they went on sale, and now they’re 50% off again with code WARM. Reviews liken them to vintage denim, which is an instant sell, in my book. Available in Tall and Petite, too.
7. Rejuvenation Walnut Framed Floor Length Mirror // If you’ve noticed, I usually take my selfies in one of two bedrooms in our house. Problem is, we have one full-length mirror, so I’m constantly lugging it up and down the stairs depending on where the light is best. (It’s as awkward as it sounds — and a real stroke of luck that I haven’t run into seven years of bad luck…yet.) I’ve had my eye on this one since we moved into our house more than 2 years ago, and it very rarely goes on sale. Everything Rejuvenation makes is heirloom quality, so the steep (yes, even on sale) price tag is almost justifed.
8. Deep V-Neck One-Piece Swimsuit // This looks like just about the perfect little black swimsuit. The deep V and the belted waist are so flattering, and the textured fabric adds interest. Even the strappy little back shows just enough skin. Wish I knew more about the bum coverage — it looks cheeky but not too cheeky. One can only hope… (Re: sizing, I have a little longer torso and usually size up in A&F bodysuits, so I’ll probably do the same with this.)
9. Vince Flint Espadrille Platform Sandal // Well these are cute. Not the most exciting shoe on this list, but they’re classic and flattering and would go with so many things. A nice little style upgrade from a flip flop or a Birk (though God knows we love both of those things). I have high hopes for their comfort level, too. And almost 50% off.
10. VINCE Gathered Cami Dress // Even on sale, this is a splurge for me, but it’s one of those pieces that would last and last. Made from 100% nylon, it’d be such a lightweight summer staple — and, of course, way easy to dress up (maybe with these vintage-inspired wedges) or down with these or these.
11. Pottery Barn Concrete and Terra Cotta Planters // We’re in the process of completely re-landscaping our backyard, so plant pots and all things outdoor entertaining have suddenly taken on a bright and shiny appeal. These would complement such a range of styles, from traditional to contemporary. The terra cotta feels especially West Coast-y.
12. Longchamp Tortoise Shell Sunglasses // I love a sturdy pair of sunglasses, and these are classic and high quality in a timeless tortoise shell. On sale for 40% off.
13. Banana Republic Pride Knit Maxi Dress // Someone in The Mom Edit Insiders Facebook Group posted about this, and I think just about all of our jaws hit the floor. Can’t think of a more chic and stylish way to rep Pride Month. Plus, it just feels like vacay. Also available in Petite and Tall!
14. Jacaranda Embroidered Maxi Dress // Been waxing poetic about this all season — I mean, at this point I’m literally having dreams in which I’m wearing it — and I’m afraid this might be my last chance to nab it before it sells out. (All clothing at Anthro is 25% off for members — free to sign up, and it just requires an email.)
15. Rebecca Minkoff Candance Silver Heel // So first off, it feels relevant to disclose that these are also available in Gold. Second (and I blame S for this): I’ve been on the hunt for a dressy-but-not-too-dressy heeled sandal that I could wear with jeans for months now, and this feels like it…could…be…it? For the price, definitely worth a try. (Note: if the silver version isn’t showing up, type “Candance” into the search field on the Rebecca Minkoff site — it should pop right up as an option.)
16. Farm Rio Viviana Ruffled Maxi // Well hello gorgeous. Another dress that I know would live a long and happy life in my closet. It’s undeniably mood-lifting — and the print has a nostalgic, vintage vibe. Love the volume in the sleeves and the deep V, too. (All clothing at Anthro is 25% off for members — free to sign up, and it just requires an email.)
17. Pottery Barn Nicolette Hand-Knotted Rug // Little known fact: I’m a wee bit obsessed with stalking vintage rugs on Etsy and eBay, so when I spotted this hand-knotted Pottery Barn rug that has a genuinely antique, collected vibe, I couldn’t look away. And knowing it’s fully stocked in a range of sizes feels like the ultimate score. I love the saturation, the pattern and the one-of-a-kind feel. All sizes are on sale, but the runner is especially gorgeous.
2 // Six Memorial Day Weekend Sale Finds I Have & Love
Sizes are going fast on this one, but it’s such a gorgeous and surprsingly versatile dress that I have to give it a nod. (Plus, with Anthro’s additional 50% off sale items, it’s under $50.) I bought this after being Instagram Brainwashed into thinking housedresses are a thing — and it worked so well, now I’m doing the same thing to you! I’ve literally worn this three times in the past two weeks, and you know it’s not like I’ve been going anywhere. Somehow it makes even the mundane things like washing dishes, folding laundry and movie night feel a little more…exceptional? And there’s also the hope it will see the true light of day in the near future. Plus: pockets! Fit is on the snug side; I am between a 0 and a 2, and I definitely needed the 2, so I think sizing up is a good call.
These joggers are literally the first thing I put on in the morning, before I get dressed dressed, which sometimes just amounts to topping these guys off with a cute sweatshirt, or swapping my jammy tank for a ruffled bodysuit in an attempt to feel like I tried. (Not gonna lie, I actually really love this exact outfit and have been wearing it quite a bit.) Best of all: they’re on sale for $20! I’m even contemplating a second pair for laundry day. TTS — and pockets! (Note: if the link is showing limited sizes, try clicking through the color options — the one labeled Black/White is the exact pair I’m wearing here, even though both “colors” look exactly the same to me.)
Nothing ground-breaking here. This is probably my most-worn sneaker, paired with everything from jeans to dresses, and even at full price I would consider them a great value. They rarely drop below this price ($60), so if you’ve been considering snapping them up, now’s a good time. Runs large; size down by a half.
I just snagged this for myself, and it’s a bit of a departure from my “only invest in classic, timeless pieces during quarantine” mantra — but hear me out. It’s such a useful size — arguably even more useful than my larger Julian — and the tie dye plus the little cord pulls makes it feel so playful and unique. Plus, even though tie dye is having a major moment, this feels like a piece that would still be campy and relevant in years to come.
I’ve been rotating through about four pairs of shoes of late, and these are the ones I pull out when I want people to think I’m trying. They’re super flattering with that elongating front notch, they’re unexpectedly seasonless, and despite the snake print, they don’t feel cheesy or too over-the-top — even with shorts or dresses. Comfy, too. And 50% off. TTS.
Kind of a curve ball here, but every time I post a dressing room selfie from our master bedroom, I get questions about this rug — and it’s substantially discounted in all sizes this weekend! We’ve had this rug (in high-traffic areas) for almost 5 years, and it’s held up beautifully well, even with frequent vacuuming. As a kilim rug, it’s not cushy, but it’s not as scratchy as the “recycled polyester” description makes it sound. In fact, I wouldn’t know that it’s not a wool blend. Obviously the sustainability is a huge plus — and it can be used in outdoor spaces, as well. Can’t recommend it enough.
Side note: I also get loads of DMs about this paint color, so for the record, we had Benjamin Moore match a Behr paint color called Starless Night. It’s a true dark navy, and it reads slightly lighter in the sun (as you can see in the corner where the window light is coming in) — one of the best choices we made for our bedroom!
3 // Memorial Day Sales Picks by Retailer
Everything at Gap is 50% off right now with code WARM. Fun note: Lana insisted on choosing some girls’ dresses for this roundup, and I couldn’t agree more with her choices. 🙂
Pottery Barn has their Buy More Save More sale going on, where you can save up to 25% (and get free shipping) with code SAVEMORE. Great time to snag larger pieces, but the more we’re at home, the more I want to cozy things up with timeless accents, like the ones below.
Abercrombie is offering 40-60% off sitewide, plus an additional 15% off in cart (no code needed).
Hope everyone gets the chance to experience the “holiday” a bit this weekend, even if it just means an extra day of pancake breakfasts and lazy FaceTiming with loved ones. Also, don’t forget to check out the rest of our Memorial Day Sale coverage — we’ve got a cheat sheet for that.
Guys! Follow me on Instagram for more peeks into our life on the Northern California coast. And if you feel so inclined, pop over to my personal food + lifestyle blog, The Pig & Quill, where I share salty scribblings from my kitchen and home life. Byeeeeee!