Hey, friends. I feel like we’re always on the hunt for ‘the perfect jeans’ and ‘the perfect sneakers’ around here at TME. Casual-chic is our lyfe. Granted, what that looks like changes slightly from year to year, but the broken-in, cool girl sneakers don’t seem to be going anywhere (regardless of the haters!)
Cam covered Golden Goose years ago now, and you’ve seen me raving about my fav P448 mid-tops in the last few weeks. I cannot deny the fact that I think they’re rad, and they seriously make every outfit look cooler, even if you’re sporting leggings and a tee. I wear mine to and from barre3 all the time! If we share a similar style at all, they’re truly a fabulous investment. And while I’m seriously on board with some of the higher-end pairs right now, I totally get that is not a reasonable ask for everyone. So, I’ve been on the hunt for cool, broken-in sneaks that don’t break the bank. I’m happy to report: they are out there, and they look good.
8 Casual-Chic Sneakers We Love (Under $100)
1. Nature Breeze Sneaker // This is the only pair I can’t speak to the brand at all, but they look cute, and the price is super-reasonable at under $40. It says to size up a half in the description, and they offer a few different colors.
2. Steve Madden Philosophy Sneaker // Love love the print on these. They also come in a great gray with black spots, and they come in the snake and studs style, like number 8, but in the low-top.
3. STEVEN Rezza Sneaker // This is the super-comfy pair I have. The next pair in gold are the same, and they are awesome.
4. STEVEN Rezza Sneaker in gold // Love love.
5. STEVEN Rubie Sneaker // This style looks SO much like some of the Golden Goose I’ve seen. I am loving the zebra, but it also comes in a fun gray snake with yellow combo.
6. Madewell Sidewalk High Top // These are a bit different, but so, so cute.
8. Steve Madden Kenzie High Tops // I love these. Swap out the laces for white for an even more wearable style, but the red is amazing for a great splash of color.
STEVEN by Steve Madden is killing it in this style. They offer many of the styles above, and they make the pair I have and love. The ones I have are so comfy, and have a soft terry lining that makes them easy to slip on without socks for those quick errands. Stance socks are my favorite no-show sock, too, for everyday wear; they’d work with any of these.
Shop Cool Sneakers
In a side-by-side comparison of high-end to reasonably priced tennis shoes, I’d say the STEVEN pair I have really stacks up nicely. I wish more well-priced pairs would offer a good mid-top style, but that’s my only critique. If you’ve found any you love in this kind of style, we’d love for you to share in the comments! And if you have tried any of the above, let us know how they are!
Hey, friends. Hop on over to follow me on Instagram @laurajansenstyle to see more of what I’m up to in Portland, Oregon. If you want to shop my current pieces I’m loving and wearing, head over to My Closet!
Opening image credit: Posy Quarterman.