Sponsored by Dyson & ShopStyle.
Have you ever noticed Shana’s periodic comments about her friend who talks a little too much for social comfort about her love of a certain vacuum? Yep…that’s me. Leading the world in thrilling conversations about comfortable shoes and vacuums. I really am truly obsessed with my Dyson vacuum, so when Dyson reached out to TME about doing a post, it was pretty clear why Shana thought of me. Yes, Yes, Yes!!!! I’d be happy to share my thoughts on their fabulous vacuums with people other than my friends and family (who might be a little sick of hearing about said thoughts).
Love Affair: Why I’m Obsessed with My Dyson Vacuum
In actuality, I have written eight posts about this vacuum (in my head) before Dyson even reached out. My Dyson history is that my parents surprised me with a V8 absolute cordless stick vacuum in December of 2016. I was immediately in love. Because I have loved my V8 soooooooo much for the past 4 years, I was beyond thrilled (of course!) to try out the newer Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute with the new torque drive cleaner. And yep….it’s great. Not surprising.
**Note: Dyson Stick Vacuums are currently on sale for up to $200 off select models.
The biggest reason I love my V8 Absolute, as well as the newer V10 Dyson vacuum? Our house is cleaner because now I don’t mind vacuuming. That’s saying a lot. I hate cleaning. It’s that simple.
Here are some more details, though, of why I don’t mind (or dare I say…enjoy?) using the Dyson stick vacuum:
1. Looks Chic (For A Vacuum)
Clean cool design that I don’t have to keep hidden in a closet. Mine is hanging up in the kitchen for ALL to see.
2. The Hero of Quick Clean-Ups
Because it’s hanging upright in the kitchen and is cordless, it’s super easy to just grab and use All.The.Time. It is by far the easiest way to clean up all the crushed tortilla chips, pencil sharpener explosions, stray Cheerios, smushed popcorn…the list could go on and on obviously. I just grab it from the charger, do a quick vacuum, and then throw it back in the charger. 15 seconds. Done.
3. It Gets My Kids To Do Chores
My kids love using the cordless Dyson because it feels like a cool laser shooter in their hands. They’ve actually been known to fight over who gets to use it after dinner and can easily use it to clean up their own messes (hooray for that!).
4. Mobility Is Key
Lightweight. Because it’s cordless, it’s easy to carry up to our 2nd and 3rd floors to quickly vacuum the bedrooms and bathrooms (we live in a tall city row house).
5. Easy Attachments That Actually Work
I use this vacuum on our hardwood floors, porcelain tile, carpet, couches, hard-to-reach tall room corners, fireplace crevices, vents, baseboards, potted plants, under beds, and so so so so many other places, too. It’s ridiculously easy to switch them out and is worth it because they work really well. I “dust” with the brush attachment below rather than just wiping dust around with a cloth.
6. Ideal For Power Cleaning Before Guests Arrive
I gave away our plug-in vacuum when I got my V8 four years ago and haven’t looked back. Plenty of power for our house (which I think is pretty amazing for a cordless vacuum). Cordless power makes for ideal last-minute cleaning. SO perfect for holiday entertaining. Vacuum…lipstick…done.
Dyson Cordless Vacuum Tips:
Because I’ve convinced so many people to buy this vacuum already (I know, I know, I’m a bit of a Dyson pusher), I also have learned a few tricks from friends and family:
1. You don’t have to run it on high for it to clean well. I usually do keep it on high power (because most often I’m doing quick single mess clean-ups), but some of my rugs actually do better on low power. If I’m going to be vacuuming multiple rooms AND going upstairs, I use the lower power setting (because it does have a shorter run time on high).
2. There are different attachments that work REALLY well on different floors. The soft roller head works better for hard flooring, and the Direct Drive cleaner head works better for carpet. I just switch them out to make sure I get a really good clean on each surface, but even when I forget and don’t make the switch, it cleans fine enough for me for everyday cleaning. Once you get in the habit of switching the attachments, though, you realize how useful they are.
3. There ARE some significant benefits to ordering directly from Dyson. Friends and family have bought directly from Dyson because they have felt more comfortable dealing directly with the manufacturer in case of problems. My fav perks, though, are their price matching, free accessories when you auto-register your machine, and free 2-day shipping. They also have a money-back guarantee that includes free return shipping–more details here.
4. Their less powerful vacuums are amazing, too. Although the newer V10 is fabulous, I also still love my V8 and have friends who have the V7 and are happy with that one, too. I absolutely recognize these vacuums are a major purchase (and don’t fit into everyone’s budget), but there is a wider range of pricing now with the V7-V11 lines–and with Black Friday sales, Dyson is offering some really good deals.
**Check out Dyson’s most up-to-date sale pricing on their Deals Page–with the crazy November sales, promotions are changing all the time.
Alright, you guys have all now been exposed to my infamous go-to dinner-party conversation about how much I love my vacuum. Shana talks about glamorous worldly adventures and hilarious motherhood moments, and I talk organizational check-lists and vacuums. Don’t you totally want to be my friend?
TME readers, thank you for entertaining all of my quirky “interests”…you guys are fantastic. And thank you, Dyson, for making my beloved V8 Absolute and giving me an opportunity to try the V10 Absolute. I’m in vacuum heaven right now and can obviously take on anything that comes my way.