It all started with a question on our Facebook page. I was feeling a little lost as far as quarantine makeup goes and the foundation I used to use, just wasn’t right for life right now. So, I asked our trusty Facebook friends what they thought of Laura Mercier’s Tinted Moisturizer and MAN oh man — did they have thoughts. I couldn’t not try this stuff (and spoiler — I’m so glad I did).
Shortly thereafter, this flurry of comments sparked a larger conversation during one of our team meetings: What daily makeup are we genuinely wearing these days (if any)?
Easy Makeup Routines: Our Fav #StayAtHome Beauty Products
What we ended up with, is a VERY exciting shopping list of the TME contributors’ go-to skincare, concealer, blush, etc. — everything we’re genuinely using on days the makeup mood strikes.
This is a fun one guys, and I’m about to make it even more fun…
The Sephora Spring Insider Sale starts TODAY. Take 10, 15 or 20% off depending on your VIB status (details here) using code SPRINGSAVE. Many (if not the majority) of these products below are included in the sale!!
- Rouge – 20% off, 4/17-5/1
- VIB – 15% off, 4/21-4/29
- Insiders – 10% off, 4/23-4/27
So if you’re looking for a little update to your #StayAtHome makeup routine like I was, this is a really good place to start.
Shop Daily Makeup By Contributor
Kat‘s Go-To Makeup
1. Kosas Wet Lip – I recently purchased this right before all stores officially closed and have worn it every. single. day. Not only am I a sucker for pretty packaging, but I also love that it goes on your lips like butter and the color is my perfect nude shade.
2. YB Brow Pencil – This brow pencil has been my absolute FAV forever. I am so wedded to it that I refuse to try others now. I already have pretty thick eyebrows, and don’t need a ton to fill mine in, so the formula works great for what I personally need. This brow pencil has a softer finish that gives a more au natural look.
3. Bite Agave Night Balm – This night balm is technically more of a lip mask, but I wear it as an ultra-hydrating lip balm throughout the day. It’s a great clean alternative to the lip mask from Laneige.
4. Cocokind Highlighter – Cocokind offers both skincare and makeup products, and I have to say they are a great way to step into the natural skincare world because their price point is competitive with drugstore-grade products. I love their oil cleanser and several other products, but their highlighter stick is gold! I like the ease of the thick crayon feel, and it’s super-easy to blend in as well.
5. Pacifica Waterproof Mascara – If there is one thing that’s hard to find in the natural beauty and skincare world, it’s a good mascara that lasts all day. Pacifica’s waterproof mascara has been my go-to for a long time now — it’s also super-affordable!
6. Tata Harper Resurfacing Serum – I’ve talked about Tata Harper’s resurfacing serum for a long time now, and I’m happy to say I have converted many members of our TME team to loving this product, too! It’s my absolute FAV and I use it in place of traditional foundation. I love how it leaves my skin feeling and it gives the perfect glow!
Linzi‘s Go-To Makeup
1. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer – Scotti recommended this to me. It’s easy even for non-makeup wearers.
4. Makeup Forever Eyeliner Pencil – I’ve always liked basic eye pencils in a taupe brown.
5. Lancome Definicils Mascara – Have used this forever…natural and not clumpy.
6. Old Lipstick Drawer Clean-Out – I’ve been trying new lipsticks from all the random old lipsticks and samples I have collected…been a fun way to do a clean-out and try out some “new” stuff without ordering anything.
Laura‘s Go-To Makeup
1. Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2 – For my skin, I think exfoliating is one of the most important things. Using this toner 2x daily really helps smooth the surface and prepare for either make-up application or moisturizer & serum application. I know it’s a bit old-school, but I haven’t found anything that makes more of an impact.
2. Tata Harper Resurfacing Serum – Kat got me hooked on this about a month or so ago and I can’t thank her enough. I had used some of Tata Harper’s skincare line when it was first available and remember thinking the quality was just fabulous. This also smooths the surface of my skin so much and adds some glow that is noticeable. Love it! You don’t have to use a ton at a time, so it goes a long way.
3. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer (at Sephora | at Nordstrom) – I have used this for a number of years now and I love how moisturizing it is, how good the coverage is and how easy it is to apply. I wear this every day in place of any foundation or tinted moisturizer to even out my skin and hide under-eye circles
4. Wander Beauty On-The-Glow Blush & Illuminator (at Sephora | at Nordstrom) – This item is so wonderful to have as an easy two-in-one product. The blush is just enough and can be used for a little eye or lip color, as well. The highlighter can be applied with your fingertip to add just a bit of shimmer to the high points of the face. It’s easy to apply, moisturizing and stays fairly well even on someone who doesn’t have primer or foundation on.
5. Wander Beauty Unlashed Volume & Curl Mascara (at Sephora | at Nordstrom) – Favorite mascara, ever. It gently curls lashes and adds nice volume. It layers pretty well, it doesn’t flake and seems to get to those tiny inner lashes I have that are so hard to get to. Only other mascara I tend to also go back to time and again is Definicils by Lancome.
6. NARS Lip Gloss in Shade Aragon – This is definitely my go-to gloss for everyday. It’s more moisturizing than lipstick but still provides some color to my lips that seem to have lost all theirs. This shade is visible and earthy but not ‘too much’ for this gal who doesn’t wear a ton of makeup. I adore it. Other shades I’ve liked were Dolce Vita and No Regrets.
Cam’s Go-To Makeup
1. Urban Decay Lip (Backtalk) – LIT-ER-ALLY my favorite lip color of all time. I wear it exclusively. I have yet to find another that hits the mark like this one. Not only is the color spot-on, but it also doesn’t feel like lipstick. Ya know? It’s so lush. I recommend it to anyone! I even wear it around the house just to feel sassy!
2. IT Cosmetics Superhero Mascara – I have been wearing this mascara for a few years now and like the volume it gives my lashes. I will say, though, it is a thicker formula and does tend to clump a bit…which isn’t ideal, BUT I still stand by it, because it stays on and also lasts quite a while. I do have my eye on this one, though, for next time around.
3. First Aid Beauty Intense Hydration – Best facial moisturizer for those of you with medium to dry to very, very dry skin. My skin happens to be all of the above at different times. Yay! So, this is really perfect for my crazy skin. It feels like you’re putting a soft blanket on your face and I have noticed that it keeps my skin supple and moisturized for hours, if not all day long. I definitely recommend this one! Also, it comes in a tub…and well, tubs of lotion are something I need in my life, so.
4. Honest Beauty Elevated Hydration Mist – This is another product that I have been purchasing and using for a good two years now. It’s the perfect refresher at midday. I just grab and spray it on my face and it wakes me up a bit, as well as acting as a light moisturizer. It also smells good!
5. Glossier Cloud Paint – I got on this train a while ago and haven’t looked back. I was concerned about “paint blush”, but it’s actually the best thing. The colors blend well into the skin, there’s no powder spreading across the face and I like the ritual of blending it in with a brush. It’s fun! (I wear it in the light pink)
Scotti‘s Go-To Makeup
1. Anastasia Brow Wiz – I’ve used lots of brow products, but this one is the fastest, easiest, most efficient way of filling in and shaping brows. If you’re looking for a one-and-done product, this is it.
2. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer – I do like wearing foundation during “normal” times, but it seems excessive right now (gasp–did I just say that??). On days when I don’t want to go without anything, I’m trying to use products that offer some coverage but are good for my skin as well. This is lightweight, is SPF 20 and has good-for-skin ingredients like Vitamins C & E. It lets your actual skin show.
3. Laura Mercier Shadow Sticks – Talk about easy. These shadow sticks are everything right now — SO easy to apply (swipe on and blend with finger) and they stay on without clumping or creasing. And the colors are gorgeous.
4. benefit Roller Lash Mascara – This mascara lifts and curls lashes without making them clumpy. It also has conditioning ingredients so your lashes don’t get dry and brittle with excess use.
5. Too Faced Papa Don’t Peach Blush – This color is SO pretty . . . it’s a brightening blush with just a hint of shimmer that gives your skin a gorgeous flush (reviewers love this stuff, too.)
6. Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme – I use the clear color on its own or layer it over lip liner or lipstick. It plumps your lips and actually creates a really pretty color all on its own because of the tingle. (But I need to try some of these colors too!)
Jess‘ Go-To Makeup
1. Laura Mercier Hydrating Pure Canvas Primer – Just made the switch to Laura Mercier’s primer, and it’s exactly what I’ve been looking for: hydrating and lightweight. It locks in moisture all day long and leaves my face feeling fresh and not weighed down like a lot of other primers do.
2. It Cosmetics CC+ Cream w/ SPF 50 – For years I’ve been using Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue. While I loved how good it made my skin feel and look, I wanted something similar that offered more full coverage ,and The It Cosmetics CC cream offers exactly that! It’s packed with anti-aging ingredients like collagen, peptides and hyaluronic acid AND offers full coverage. Love the way this makes my skin look and feel all day long.
3. Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector – I’m a longtime fan of Becca’s under-eye brightening corrector. If you get dark circles or the occasional zit that needs to be covered, this definitely does the trick! I also use it as an eyelid primer when I’m wearing eye make-up.
4. NYX Butter Gloss (Creme Brulee) – Lightly tinted, extremely moisturizing and tons of colors to choose from, plus only $5!
Em‘s Go-To Makeup
1. Elta MD Facial Sunscreen – Not much to say about this, other than the fact that since I started using it several years ago, I haven’t bought another facial sunscreen since. I’ve ordered it probably 10 consecutive times. It’s rich but not at all greasy, easily absorbed, no weird chemicals (and yet also no apparent zinc) and recommended by plastic surgeons (think post-procedure skincare), which is good enough for me. Affordable as far as skincare goes, too.
2. Pacifica Eye Palette (in Pink Nudes) – This budget eyeshadow palette is so easy — I use more than half the colors for everyday wear. I also have the Beachy Punk palette, which is perfect for more dramatic or date night looks.
3. ILIA Mascara – I use either this or Pacifica’s Stellar Gaze mascara daily, but this one has a little more user-friendly wand that allows for quick, buildable application. It’s as good as I’ve found when it comes to natural mascara.
4. Great Lash Clear Mascara – Been using this as a basic brow tamer since high school. Under $5, and the clear is very forgiving when you just need to swipe it on quickly. If it ain’t broke…
5. ILIA Essential Brow (in Medium Brown) – On days when I feel like my brows need just a little more oomph than clear mascara, this builds them up just enough while keeping a natural look. I love the short brush with short bristles for depositing color and longer bristles for grooming.
6. NARS Blush (in Orgasm) (Sephora | Nordstrom) – Another staple that I’ve been wearing since early adulthood. It’s not too pink and not too peach, so it complements everything from a romantic look to bronzed, beachy situation. But for daily wear, a couple of swipes really does impart a warm, natural glow. The generously-sized palette lasts me a long time, too. (Note: not to be confused with Orgasm X, which has a more dramatic color and shimmer.)
7. Thrive Causemetics Lip Mate (in Glinda) – This is the most flattering thing to have ever graced my lips. A little bit of shimmer, they look plump and…uhhh, sensual? (Oy, what a word.) Super hydrating, too. I literally wear this around the clock, even with my pajamas in the evening.
8. Clinique Almost Lipstick (in Black Honey) (Sephora | Nordstrom) – I know, guys. I can’t quit the oldies. When I want just a bit of flush, this is the ticket. If you know, you know. (If you don’t, well, it delivers just enough of a berry stain and is somehow universally flattering.)
9. Bare Minerals Faux Tan (Sephora | Nordstrom) – I don’t leave the house without bronzer. Ok, that’s a lie. I don’t leave the house at all. (Ha!) But seriously, this is The Staple Item in my arsenal. Subtle warmth (I quickly sweep it on my temples, under my cheekbones, and under my jawline for a super casual contouring effect) and it’s lovely and natural and never orange. Another hit for many skin tones, too.
Julieta‘s Go-To Makeup
1. Beauty Counter Tinted Moisturizer – Last year I switched to a lot of Beauty Counter skincare and makeup. I have rosacea and my skin is very delicate. I love this and their hydrating foundation depending on the level of coverage I want.
2. Beauty Counter Touch Up Concealer Pen – I like to touch-up with this concealer to cover some areas a little bit more.
3. Satin Blush Powder – This is actually in my cart right now. I’ve been using a discontinued NARS blush that I was waiting to finish but now, I’m switching to this one. It will be the first time I buy blush based on the color palette I got after my color analysis.
4. GrandeLIPS Hydrating Lip Plumper Gloss – I was gifted this last year and have been obsessed ever since. My mom took one, too.
5. Kevin Aucoin Flesh Tone Lip Pencil – I like my lips to look very natural but still have some color. I also love to overline my lips a little and love the final result. I do this before using the gloss above.
6. Tartelette Eyeshadow Palette in Bloom Clay – This palette is perfect for my coloring. For my everyday look, I only use the ivory and light brown colors. But then If I want something more, I’ll play with the darker tones and add a little shimmer with the dark gold.
7. Beauty Counter Brow Gel – Because brushing and putting some gel on your brows can make a huge difference.