My mom has never worn much makeup, but the little she did wear was from Estee Lauder. When I was in grade school, I would gleefully raid her cosmetics bag, grabbing all of her eyeliners, shadows and foundation samples then experiment in my bedroom for hours. My tomboy older sister (yup, Shana) was always, “OMG what are you doing in there????” When I got older I wasn’t “allowed” to wear makeup, so I’d sneak my Mom’s rarely used makeup bag into my backpack and apply a full face of makeup at school. That one blue eyeliner that started it all? Estee Lauder, baby.
They’ve been pushing the boundary lately with bright, bold colors – yay, the pigments in their liners and lipsticks are amazing, and their Bronze Goddess line is perfect for summer. I suspect most of you already know about their skincare line – it has crazy high ratings for a reason. If you’ve never tried any of their products, now is the time because Nordstrom is currently offering a free gift with any $35 Estee Lauder purchase (and you get to choose one of FOUR gifts). From skin care creams to waterproof eyeliners, here are my tried-and-tested favorites (as well as a video of how to apply):
1. Sumptuous Knockout Mascara: This. My eyelashes are basically non-existent after wearing lash extensions for YEARS. This stuff delivers . . . thicker, longer, AND it stays in place. Just ask Kendall Jenner.
2. Double Wear Stay-In-Place Eye Pencil: This comes in a ton of colors . . . use pearl as a highlighter in the inner corner of your eyes to look refreshed, or run a bright color like emerald volt, electric cobalt or night violet along your lash lines for a fun pop of color. The formula is super smooth to apply and then sets for a liner than won’t run all over the place.
3. Magic Smoky Powder Shadow Stick: A few strokes of this chubby pencil, and you’ll be set with a smoky eye that’s super easy. Just run it over your lid, blend with your finger or a brush, and use on the lower lashes as an eyeliner if you want extra definition. I especially like the pastels and lighter metallic colors . . . this is the perfect easy way to add a pop of color when you ain’t got no time.
4. Double Wear Infinite Waterproof Eyeliner: It’s actually really difficult to find liner that won’t smudge but will also actually come off when you want it to. I’ve found liners that were definitely waterproof but were also makeup-remover-proof, shower-proof, swimming-pool-proof . . . this stuff comes off with makeup remover (even the oil-free stuff) when you want it to, but will stay in place once applied. It’s the perfect liner for tight-lining (running it along the lower lashline/inside your lashes) because it won’t smear everywhere. I love the graphite color because it’s almost black without being as harsh as a true black liner. It comes with a special sharpener on the end for getting a super precise/thin line.
5. Perfectionist Youth-Infusing Brightening Serum + Concealer: This is my new favorite. I love stick concealers and this one comes with a coordinating brightening serum: it’s like getting a concealer with a free highlighter. The concealer is moisturizing (not dry and cakey) and easy to blend and the brightening serum “wakes up” your skin . . . it helps to conceal dark circles and cover fine lines. I actually just used this product all over Shana’s face as a foundation as I didn’t have her color with me . . . and it was awesome. She looked fabulous. You need to try this product. *In the video I layered the serum over the concealer, but you can actually layer them whichever way works best. I like it a little brighter under my eyes, so I used the serum on top.
6. Daywear Advanced Multi-Protection Anti-Oxidant Creme Broad Spectrum: This is an anti-oxidant/spf daily moisturizer that feels amazing. I’ve been getting these little samples for years in the “free gift with purchase” and it’s the only moisturizer I’ve ever purchased after trying and loving the sample. From someone who usually gets Target-brand moisturizers, that’s a big deal. This stuff makes your skin glow and is totally worth the price tag.
7. “Advanced Time Zone Night” Age Reversing Line/Wrinkle Creme: Ok, you guys may know that I hate washing my face at night . . . HOWEVER . . . this stuff makes it worth it. I definitely feel a difference when I wear this to bed, and my mother has been using it (and swears by it) for YEARS. I won’t tell you her age, but let’s just say she doesn’t look it. At all. (Check out the reviews – they agree with her!)
8. Bronze Goddess Shimmering Body Oil Spray: I LOVE this oil. I’ve used lots of different body lotions, gels and oils, but this one is by far my favorite. The smell is super sensuous (like summer in a bottle) and it gives you the perfect amount of sheen without making it look like you dunk yourself in oil. A little down the front of your legs gives a perfect subtle sexy glow.
Estee Lauder Favorites & How-To:
Quick question: Shana just asked me about this eye cream – it’s a daytime eye cream that is supposed to both tighten puffy eyes and fill in wrinkles. According to Allure.com, you see results immediately. We’re both really intrigued. Has anyone tried it?
A huge thank-you to Nordstrom for sponsoring this post! I could talk beauty for hours, and will forever have a special place in my heart for Estee Lauder. And readers, thank you for your continued support of The Mom Edit. It doesn’t go unnoticed, and is so very much appreciated!!
Lastly, readers, let me know if there are any other products out there that you are struggling to use – or any other makeup tips and tricks – am happy to create a few video tutorials!! xo