Ah, Friends! We’ve reached that point in the holiday season when the excitement of gift-giving wanes (& gift-card spending begins😂) and we switch gears to focus on the coming new year. Cue the confetti!
We hope those of you celebrating Christmas had a merry one, and we’re wishing those of you observing the last day of Hanukkah and/or the first day of Kwanzaa happy times as well.
In between now and that midnight countdown to 2023, we’ll be shopping post-holiday, after-Christmas, Boxing Day and end-of-year clearance sales. This is one of the last big hurrahs of all-around sale periods until we get to Memorial Day weekend, so it’s worth our time to scour the interwebs.
If you’re new to The Mom Edit, welcome! Our cheat sheets are where we highlight the best discounts at our favorite brands and retailers, and we hope that makes your online shopping experience much, much easier. Fashion, beauty and home are the sweet spot for us here at TME, so if that’s what you’re looking for, you’re in the right place. If you already know what you’re looking for, head on down by clicking the buttons below.
To check out any items you were browsing during the Black Friday sales, go to that cheat sheet here. For products you possibly hesitated over during Cyber Monday/Cyber Week, that cheat sheet is here. And to peruse our reviews and try-ons in more detail, head to our end-of-year sales page here.
The Best End-Of-Year Clearance Sales To Shop After Christmas
Below is a rundown of the sales we’re expecting to see this week and our favorite items to buy from each. If you find out about a sale we’ve overlooked, please let us know in the comments. And if you need any belated holiday gifts or are still looking for holiday outfit ideas, click on over to Holiday Central, our one-stop-shop for celebratory style, gift guides and the best of the sales.
A few notes before you go: While the discounts may get deeper as the week continues, keep in mind that most products on sale are clearance items and, due to overstock issues related to the supply chain, retailers are looking to offload any oversupply they’re been sitting on. So, while it’s tempting to keep fingers crossed for lower prices, for the items that you really want and are still on your wishlist — don’t walk…run!
A Few Post-Holiday Shopping Notes From TME
Nordstrom’s Half-Yearly Sale is always our first stop. The sale just started and we’re on it! Check out our editor’s guide to the best items on sale there.
We’ll also have more sale coverage as the week continues, so bookmark this page, and come back to The Mom Edit often.
The Best End-Of-Year Sales On Clothing, Shoes & Accessories
Our favorite category when it comes to sales. Obviously, we’re looking to Nordstrom for its Half-Yearly Sale to pick up some of our faves (we can’t resist deals on jeans). Beyond that, after-Christmas sales provide the best opportunity to snap up those trendy items you might not have grabbed otherwise! Maybe Scotti’s sparkly boots from Sam Edelman (hello, NYE outfit!!) or Anthropologie’s wide-leg trousers to get out of your comfort zone.
Our Top Fashion Picks On End-Of-Year Sale
- Adidas – Up to 60% off (while supplies last – run!): We’re loving a platform sneaker these days and this pair is so cute and wearable. For lounging to running errands, this hoodie and these ribbed pants.
- Aerie – Up to 60% off the collection (ends 1/12): aerie takes loungewear to the next level. These ribbed flares are so flattering, this sherpa hoodie gets rave reviews and of course, their bralettes are some of our teams’ favs.
- Athleta – Up to 60% off select styles, including Kat’s most-worn sherpa jacket this winter and S’ go-to workout set (top | pants).
- Anthropologie – Extra 40% off sale styles: Top picks are this cozy and charming pullover sweater, and these rag & bone wide-leg jeans.
- Backcountry – Up to 50% off select styles: S’ beloved Danner boots are 25% off and Amy’s fleece half-zip sweater is under $100.
- Everlane – Up to 60% off select styles. This cashmere polo is perfect for work or play, and Jess’ favorite denim shirt jacket is on sale under $100.
- Faherty – Up to 50% off sale styles. Snap up this timeless rib midi dress, or this henley sweater with subtle throwback vibes.
- Free People – Extra 50% off sale styles. This longline cardigan is just the thing for chilly mornings and this long-sleeve top (under $50) for easy layering.
- Gap – 30% off full-price with code: THIRTY, and an extra 50% off markdowns with code: SALE. Laura, Amy and Em love these high-rise barrel jeans, and Gap’s faux-leather pants are so good.
- Good American – Extra 50% off sale. Top picks are this ribbed midi dress (under $100), these classic straight-leg jeans, and this velvet bodysuit.
- J.Crew – Extra 60% off sale with code: BIGGERSALE. Their Supersoft yarn never fails to impress (this sweater is a closet staple) and this chic block-heeled sandals would be perfect when temps start to warm up.
- Madewell – Up to 70& off select styles with code: LETSGO. Wear this instead of a t-shirt, or wear this as a shirt (looks like a The Great cardigan dupe)
- NAADAM – 50% off modal cashmere with code: MODAL50 at checkout. Top picks are these leggings and this cashmere hoodie.
- Nordstrom – Extra 25% off select sale: includes this easygoing sweater Laura recently scooped up, Julieta’s beloved Joe’s Jeans Mia, and the AllSaints Balfern leather jacket is a team fave & worth the splurge.
- Nordstrom Rack – Extra 60% off sale styles: S is eyeing up this cashmere ski sweater or this cute puffer.
- Reformation – Up to 70% off sale. Ref makes the most swoon-worthy dresses, like this strappy number (would get all the compliments) and this sweet midi dress (hello, Barbicore pink).
- Saks – Up to 80% off Designer Sale (ends 12/27): Yep, we’re still obsessed with these Sam. winter jackets (more puffer coats & jackets here).
- Sheertex – 30% off sitewide: These babies are basically unbreakable (as Amy demonstrated, here).
- Sh*tThatIKnit – 25$ off $100 with code: TREAT (ends 12/30). S’ favorite beanie style is this one, but she’s been eyeing up the ‘apres’ beanie, too…
- ShopBURU – Orders won’t ship until 1/4, but for your patience, enjoy 26% off sitewide with code: WORTHTHEWAIT26. We’re swooning over this car coat in blush pink.
- Under Armour – Up to 50% off select styles, ends 1/25. S owns this cool fleece and this cropped sweatshirt. Both are great over leggings in the morning.
The Best End-Of-Year Sales On Skincare, Makeup & Hair Products
Ahh, skincare… So relaxing. A good skincare routine really makes us all feel like we have our lives together (even on those days we might not). Now is a great time to stock up on those must-have, “use it every morning and night” products. Em’s loving that Biossance Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Moisturizer (it’s so good, it has her ditching her regular makeup!). In the hair category, the Shark HyperAir blow dryer is winning the curly-hair game. Oorrrr…this volumizing hot brush from ghd (a team fave)
Our Top Beauty Picks On End-Of-Year Sale
- Biossance – Get 40% off Boxing Day Duo sets until tomorrow. This set is our fave of the three because.. that rose oil.
- Charlotte Tilbury – Save 15% off skincare when you spend over $100 with code KLARNA15. Highest rated? This magical moisturizer kit.
- Colleen Rothschild – Score up to 25% off site wide!! We recommend this, this and this, for that sweet 25% off.
- Dermstore – Up to 50% off + an extra 10% off sale items with code EXTRA10 until 1/31. Ooo, this device would be fun to try….
- OGEE – This clean beauty brand (made in Vermont) is 20% off with code COUNTDOWN20. Shana swears by their contour face sticks.
- Sephora – Take an extra 20% off sale items with code EXTRA20OFF until 1/1. What’re we spying? Their beauty sets. So worth the price on their own, even more worth it on sale, then even MORE with that extra 20% off. Try this kit for winter skin hydration, this kit & this kit for a fresh blow out style, and this kit for a serious nourishment sesh.
The Best End-Of-Year Sales On Home Decor, Kitchen Appliances & Tech
If you’re looking for stuff to spruce up/smart up your home? The Ember temperature-control mug is an ingenious little device, and some of us take it everywhere. But you really can’t go wrong with a nice linen bedding set from Parachute (that burgundy color, tho…). And if you’ve been around here for a while, you probably know we love Dyson vacuums, and the best time to get those is during a sale, of course.
Our Top Home & Tech Picks On End-Of-Year Sale
- Amazon – Tons of deals on like, everything. Have you seen this Smart Eco Show TV….? SO cool. It’s $65 off, too.
- Anthropologie – Extra 40% off sale items (apparently the biggest selection of the year)! Grab yourself a pretty sweater and mayyybe stock up on some of these for next year’s gifts? Hehe.
- Backcountry – Oooo, up to 50% off select styles & gear. This parka looks warm AF & this sherpa bomber is so cozy & stylish for your guy.
- Blueland – They’re having a Pay It Forward sale until 12/31 – you get a $15 to $40 cashback discount code that can be applied to orders in January! This Clean Suite Kit is a no-brainer. (Then stock up on the refills later with your cashback.)
- Dyson – The Holiday Sales Event is happening! Grab some of their amazing tech. (Yep, vacuums AND air purifier fans are included.) Shana has & loves this vacuum.
- Food52 – Up to 60% off sale items! Their sale section is just so fun to peruse. This drying rack looks like a kitchen cleanup game changer (read the reviews) & I’m swooning over this 12 piece cocktail glass set for under $100.
- Our Place – Get the classic Always Pan that we love under $100. (Seriously, we swear by it.)
- Parachute – Their Last Chance page is pretty tempting. I looove the texture of this bedspread.
- Shutterfly – 50% off almost everything until 12/29. Don’t sleep on their pillows and doormats for a home refresh.
- West Elm – Up to 70% off + free shipping on 1,000+ styles until tomorrow. These and these are so luxe.
- Williams-Sonoma – Dang, that’s a good sale section. Drooling over this espresso machine and these KitchenAid pasta & shaved ice attachments.
We hope you all had a wonderful holiday season — we’re a little sad it’s already over. At least the end-of-year and after-Christmas sales are stilling poppin’.