Face masks as holiday gifts. It’s a thing. Definitely would not have predicted this trend a year ago, but right now I am TOTALLY all-in! It’s so incredibly important we mask up, so let’s at least wear ones we adore and feel good in (that are also effective), and let’s gift the masks that we adore and feel good in (that are also effective) to those we love. This Slip 100% Silk Face Mask is the one I’ll be gifting this holiday season.
The Slip Silk Face Mask Makes An Insanely Good Gift
I love finding special items to gift that my friends and family wouldn’t necessarily buy for themselves. This silk mask is super-indulgent (yes, it’s $40….for one mask), so it definitely meets the criteria for something many of us would NOT buy for ourselves. In terms of holiday gifts, though, that $40 price point is not terrible (especially for a gift that I think people will love). And for the amount that I’ve already worn mine…it’s getting HUGE points for price-per-wear.
Below are my three favorite colors/patterns (linked to a few retailers in hopes they’ll go on sale SOMEWHERE during Black Friday Sales), my list of Pros/Cons, as well as other luxe mask options for gifting.
There are other silk face coverings out there that are less expensive. I tried this one from Amazon (that for some reason has mysteriously disappeared from their site now), and although the silk feels nice against my skin and it fits well, it doesn’t feel as high quality as the Slip brand, the nose wire isn’t as strong, AND it was only $10 less than my Slip one.
Now for my pros and cons…because, of course, from my very picky perspective…no mask is perfect.
The Slip Silk Face Mask: A Full Review
The Slip Silk Face Covering: Pros
- Feels amazing against your skin…SO SO silky and luxurious feeling—I actually look forward to wearing it because it feels so nice (weird, but true)
- Strong nose wire that doesn’t fog my glasses (also helps with proper fit for effectiveness)
- Adjustable ear loops (comfortable AND helps with proper fit for effectiveness)
- Extra spare nose wires and ear loop adjuster pieces included (there’s a trick to replacing the nose wire…the opening is on top)
- Pretty designs and colors with a luxe look
- Triple layered (2 layers of 100% Long-Fiber Mulberry Silk with 100% cotton liner inside the silk layers)
- Prevents “maskne” (I personally haven’t had experience with this, but reviews say if you are having skin problems, 100% silk masks help)
- Washes well (I don’t put mine in the dryer)
The Slip Silk Face Covering: Cons
- Hot (silk is supposed to be cooling, but I wore mine on a sweltering day and was not happy…although on sweltering days, it’s difficult for me to ever be happy)
- Lipstick sticks to inside (one may ask, rightfully..why the heck am I still trying to wear lipstick?)
- Not as breathable as the Athleta face masks (BUT…it’s definitely breathable enough for me. I even took a full outdoor salsa dance class wearing one.)
- Crazy expensive
Shop Luxe Face Masks — Perfect For Holiday Gifting
Any other luxe masks we’re loving???