Sponsored by Etsy
We’re longtime fans of Etsy, especially when we’re in the market for something unique, quirky, custom, handmade, or even just something a bit unexpected. Etsy is one of our first stops when we want to be inspired.
So naturally, when we’re looking for thoughtful gift ideas (aka gifts as unique as the people in our lives,) we often head over to Etsy. I mean, sure, we’ll always appreciate a tried-and-true pair of fuzzy socks, but a pair of festive, embellished socks? Wow. Now we’re talking.
All At Etsy: Cozy, Unique + Fun Gifts For Everyone On Your List
Not only does Etsy have something for everyone, but you know that real people and small businesses are being supported by your purchase, too. If you’re trying to shop small this holiday season, Etsy is our top recommendation for all things innovative and special.
Looking for some inspo? We sat down with S to pull together a list of seriously drool-worthy gifts, all from Etsy. Even better, a bunch of Etsy shop owners have added gorgeous finds at up to 60% off (now through 12/1) on Etsy’s Cyber Week Sales Event page. Gifts for her/him, kids, pets, custom items and decor…you name it.
1. Gifts For The Home
Whether you’re looking for a cute little hostess gift (like this handmade garland), a quirky (sassy?) throw pillow, or a beautiful way to turn a bath into an experience, S found some seriously thoughtful home items at Etsy. We’d welcome any of these with open arms.
1. Wooden Christmas Village – A minimalist take on winter/holiday decor in a pretty, unfussy way.
2. Felt Holly Garland – Just something sweet they can throw anywhere. Perfect for an unexpected hostess gift.
3. Custom Pennant – There’s something really sweet and slightly vintage-feeling about canvas banners… especially when they’re homemade and personally meaningful.
4. Sustainable Wooden Bath Tray – This would take bath time to the next level. Good for adults (think: perfect wine glass/bath salts/book stand) AND kids (think: well, anything that they NEED to bring into the bath with them that you’d rather not get soaking wet).
5. “Good At Naps” Blanket – We’ve been loving this blanket since we laid our eyes on it years ago. The adorable saying doesn’t get old.
7. Ceramic Pedestal Bowl – Ah, love countertop art. Gold star if you can throw a bunch of lemons or avocados in it!
8. “There Were Rules?” Throw Pillow – This probably hits home for a lot of people. (*wink*) Love a pillow with a quirky saying.
9. “Call Your Mother” Throw Pillow – S picked this one specifically for college-and-up aged kids. (She’s bookmarking it for future use.)
2. Unique + Practical Gifts
Our first thought after seeing S’s picks? Now this is handy. Etsy is a go-to when it comes to gifting niche items. From gorgeous, handcrafted board games and glassware sets for the vintage collector to some seriously genius finds, these are sure to be appreciated.
1. Plat Dish Tote – OMG. How have I never seen anything like this before?! Genius.
2. Vintage 90s Wine Glasses – S has been collecting random, colorful vintage glasses, and mixes them all together. We’re dying over this teal color!!
3. IPA Glasses – S has this on her list for Mike, the IPA snob.
4. Personalized Dopp Kit – This was actually Mike’s top pick. (He says he needs a new one; this is probably a not-so-subtle hint.)
5. Roll Up Pencil Case – Looks like it can hold a lot of stuff. Perfect for a kid getting really serious about their art.
6. Ski Cribbage Board – S has one of these and loves it. It’s really well-made, and the pegs are handmade and metal. The whole thing is really cool and functional.
7. Wooden Chess Board – S and her boys are all really into chess. She’s eyeing this up as the type of chess board that can live on a coffee table.
3. Gifts For A Festive Night In
Does this one even need an explanation? We all want one. No matter who you’re gifting, it’s certain that they could use (/would totally appreciate) a night in to relax and just get cozy. S’s gift picks in this category totally inspire slow, cozy nights by the fire to wind down with someone you love. Aww.
1. Chunky Wool Blanket – Scotti swears by weighted blankets for stress release, and this particular one is handmade from 100% organic merino wool.
2. Hot Cocoa Bombs – S and the boys tried these last year for the first time and are OBSESSED. (Her favorite is the dark chocolate.)
3. Custom Embroidered Mama Sweatshirt – A little “mama” on the collar never hurt nobody. I love the idea of “P & R’s mama” (insert kids’ initials), too. So stinking cute.
4. Linen Sleep Set – Oh man, this gift recipient would feel totally pampered. How freakin’ pretty.
5. Love Sweatshirt – Reviews say this crewneck is incredibly soft and such a good fit.
6. Starry Night Socks – These are LUXE and a genius way to wear sandals in winter.
4. Gifts For Kids
S has strong opinions when it comes to kid stuff, and Etsy delivers. Handmade, thoughtfully designed, and open-ended toys can all be found at Etsy. Seriously, Etsy has some of the coolest, most unique kids’ stuff ever.
1. Flower Paint Kit – Perfect for playdates, or a way to make sweet gifts for Grandparents.
2. Balance Board – Whoa. An open-ended (and honestly aesthetically pleasing) addition to anyone’s playroom. Reviewers say it’s superbly priced, too (compared to other retailers).
3. Kids’ Apron – S started the boys in the kitchen at young ages…and Pax (who was a costume kid) LOVED his apron. This one is gorgeously made.
4. Construction Sensory Kit – These kits are amazing for travel, or if you need to entertain littles at a restaurant, holiday dinner table, or at a Grandparent’s house. S swears by this.
5. Dragon Mask + Tail Costume – S has a bunch of these masks (bought years ago) and they’re still in incredibly good shape (despite the rough play of many little boys). They’re gorgeous and really well-made.
6. Waxed Canvas Lunch Bag – Ooo, sustainable and cute. Win.
7. Montessori Wooden Shoe Tying Board – S is going to throw this into Raines’ stocking as a little joke. He’s, uh, 13, but is still terrible at tying his shoes. “I should’ve bought this years ago,” she joked.
8. Mini Cruiser Skateboard – Um, this thing is downright beautiful, and a perfect in-between size for a trick board and a cruiser. Perfect for a skater kid, but also for some cool wall decor…You feel me here? Selfish, I know…
Our bottom line? For all things unique, handcrafted, one-of-a-kind, quirky, custom, vintage…look no further than Etsy. Seriously, there’s something for everyone. And when you find that special handcrafted gift or unique item from Etsy, you know that real people and small businesses are being supported, too. So if you’re trying to shop small this holiday season, Etsy is our top recommendation for all things innovative and special.
A huge thank you to Etsy for sponsoring this post! Gift buying is in full swing, and we love supporting small businesses, artists and craftspeople through Etsy. Whether it’s gifting for family, friends, coworkers or (let’s be real, ourselves), we’ve found so many wonderful, one-of-a-kind things to love.
Oh, hey, Pinners…