– Let’s get the basics out of the way: where you live, how many kids, etc.
I live in Philly (a couple blocks from Shana) with my husband and 2 kiddos.
– Three words to describe your personal style. Go.
Easy, Fun, and Colorful
– Who are your style icons? How do you integrate those tastes into your own wardrobe if at all?
Is it weird that I don’t have any style icons? I’m a “shopper”, not a “fashionista” for sure. I shop for items that bring me joy in some way and then I wear them. That’s pretty much my style.
– How has your personal style changed since becoming a mom?
My personal style I think stopped completely when I had my first born…my only requirement was stuff I could whip my boobs out of. I think it’s only been in the past few years that I kind of got back to wearing stuff that I find “fun” and “interesting.”
– What’s your most-worn piece? (If it’s sweatpants…we won’t tell.)
My gray Lucky Jeans. I live in them.
– Sometimes it’s hard to gauge height from an Instagram or blog post – SO…how tall are you? 5’2….another shortie I’m afraid.
– Your top three beauty products?
- Rouge Volupté Shine Oil-in-Stick Lipstick (Shana unfortunately turned me on to this and it is ridiculously expensive, but I LOVE it)
- Oribe Surfcomber Tossled Texture Mousse . Another “more than I would like to pay” item Shana introduced me to, but it does wonders for my curls.
- Milk Makeup Lip and Cheek (This is my newest beauty product and it seems to stay on better for me than a powder blush).
– What drew you to blogging and when did you start?
This is a really funny question to me. I wasn’t really drawn to blogging…I’m pretty sure it happened accidentally with me complaining to Shana that she wasn’t featuring enough Danskos on the blog. Ha! I love sharing with friends suggestions for kid’s gifts, researching the best kids products, and problem solving toys to keep kiddos entertained in various settings, so it happened fairly organically that I started helping Shana with both toy and shoe articles.
– What does a typical day look like? How do you manage time with kids vs blogging (or work)? I’ve been home full time with my kids for the past 10 years! My younger son, though, just started Kindergarten, and I am starting several part time jobs out of the house this year in addition of course to my usual in-the-house jobs of meal-planner, homework-helper, laundress, picker-upper, boo-boo fixer, financial planner, tantrum manager, calendar creator, dish-washer, etc, etc….you guys of course know the drill. So, wish me luck! Don’t really know how this will all work.
– After the craziest, worst days we all find salvation in seeing our kids. What’s your favorite thing to do with them to decompress? Play games for sure! I LOVE playing games with my kids. I get sad that during the school year we don’t have as much time for family games, but our summers are filled with game-playing.