I assure you I’m not pregnant. About this time of year, though, I do go into complete nesting mode. I want everything SET. Full prep-for-winter, gather-all-the supplies, get-ready-to-hunker-down-and-be-inside for all the warm family together goodness (as well as be prepared for those times we DO have to leave the house). I want my house to be clean and cozy, good soup recipes ready to go, something soft and comfy to wear in the house, easy go-to casual outfits that look put together (again…for when I DO have to leave the house), plenty of gloves and socks for the kids (to reduce morning freak-outs), and toys and games that I enjoy (and don’t get horribly bored) playing.
Linzi’s Black Friday Sale Picks: A Winter Nesting Checklist
As I’m making these mental lists and gathering winter-prep items from around the house, I’m realizing that a ton of these things are on sale for Black Friday, so if you’re wanting a good formula for winter-prep, you can follow (or shop) this checklist. AND…for a peek at our other Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale finds (plus #DressingRoomSelfies) head over to our full page here.)
1. A Casual Go-To Winter Outfit (For When You HAVE to Go Outside)
1. AllSaints Reversible Puffer Coat: If you’re looking for a very special winter coat, check out ALL the options at AllSaints. Their coats are absolutely gorgeous and 30% off right now. This one in particular is reversible!!! Equally beautiful on both sides.
2. MOTHER The Outsider Ankle Jeans: MOTHER jeans fit me well and feel amazing on, so they’re a great find on sale. Shopbop’s selection is included in their sale, and Nordstrom has a few pairs as well here.
3. Boden Pom Pom Hat: I’ve been wearing the Anthropologie Interchangeable Pom Pom Hat on repeat with different pom poms each day (so fun! but not on sale yet). This yellow one is totally calling my name, though, and is on sale for 30% off.
4. Sorel Harlow Cozy Boots: I’m so into lighter colored accessories right now –as well as warm and cozy boots that are comfortable (and look good obviously).
5. Rebecca Minkoff Backpack: I have a different black nylon Rebecca Minkoff backpack that I carry on the daily, but wish I would have waited and gotten this one. 25% off sitewide at Rebecca Minkoff. With a cute backpack–everything just looks a little better.
Similar Casual Go-To Outfit Ideas ALSO on Sale
2. Comfy Loungewear For All The Inside Coziness
6. Eberjey Vera Slouchy Pamajas: Oh, how I love pajamas that I can wear all day and not freak out if I have to answer the door.
7. J. Crew Smart Wool Socks: Cute and warm. I particularly like the way they look peeking out under crop denim (Shana taught me that trick) and are a part of J. Crew’s AMAZING Black Friday sale.
Similar Loungewear Also On Sale
3. Plenty of Extra Winter Stuff For Kids
8. Boden Jacket: Boden has the cutest kids’ coats by FAR! I’m very opinionated about this matter. 30% off right now, so it’s a good time to get one if your kiddo has outgrown last year’s.
9. Lands’ End Balaclava: My kids love this silly thing. We buy multiples of these for less morning panic on super-cold days. Super good sale at Lands’ End for everything kid winter.
10. Lands’ End Gloves: As in most households, we can NOT have enough gloves. I buy multiples of these Lands’ End ones on sale at the beginning of winter and this sale is good.
11. Socks: The neverending Where are my socks? game. I know we’re not the only ones. Boden’s are the cutest…lost and found.
Similar Winter Stuff For Kids Also On Sale
4. A Clean “ish” & Organized “ish” House
12. Dyson V8 Absolute: I wrote a whole post about my love for my Dyson vacuum here. This magic vacuum makes me VERY happy and is on SUPER SUPER SUPER sale right now! If you order directly from Dyson, you get free accessories and really good customer service!
13. The Home Edit Guide: I am OBSESSED with this book. For months, I just looked at the pretty pictures of perfect refrigerators and closets, but then I started reading the text and it’s pretty funny and has some great idea. I’ve only implemented the refrigerator organization system, but watch out, family…your closets are next!!
14. Baskets & Labels: Bins and Labels for EVERYTHING! My goal for this winter. The Container Store has by far the best selection of bins and labels and these particular baskets and cute black labels are on sale.
More Cleaning & Organizing Supplies On Sale
5. Games & Toys That Aren’t Annoying
I’m ALWAYS disappointed in Black Friday toy sales…they never seem to be as good as fashion and home, and the toys that ARE usually a part of Black Friday are usually big and “plasticy” and not what I’m looking for. Ha—I’m LOL that I picked a big “plasticy” toy below (this is the exception as the one big “plasticy” item I like!) If you’re looking for really good toys that we can recommend from personal experience, check out our Toy Guide. Syd’s Gift Guide for the Kid Who Makes Their Own Adventurers is also Ah-Mazing. Shana and I can’t stop talking about it. I found a couple decent sales below, but beware…toy prices and sales are varying a ton day today.
15. Beyblade Battle Tower: I would usually consider this a “junk toy” because I know it won’t last forever, and my kids will at some point tire of it, but it’s pretty darn fun and my kids have gone in and out of Beyblade phases for years now. We set up family battles, tournaments, and all sorts of competitions. My kids destroy me.
16. Just Dance Video Game: The only video game I actually enjoy playing is on sale! I’d rather just do dance-offs without the video game, but the video game IS pretty fun.
For More Well-Loved & Highly Recommended Toys
(Not Necessarily On Sale)
Shop Winter Nesting Items (All Together)
Hope everyone is enjoying a warm and cozy Thanksgiving weekend!