Hi! This post is sponsored by Amazon! I only accept sponsored posts for products I truly and honestly love, and this? IS A GOOD ONE.
We’re big fans of technology over here. My husband has outfitted our house with insanely good wireless (it easily covers from the basement to the third floor), we have a doorbell that sends a video-feed to our phones, a lock that we control via app (we’ve even once unlocked our door for UPS…from FRANCE), and an Amazon Echo in our kitchen, my office, and the boys’ room.
We primarily use the Echos for music, to-do lists, and shopping lists. “Alexa, add doughnuts to the shopping list” says Pax, ten times a day.
So yeah….one could say we’re connected. Like the nerds we are. Gotta represent, ya know? #SCIENCE
But in all seriousness, this setup has been – and I don’t want to exaggerate here – kiiinda life-changing. Going to Target during the week was OK when I was at home with the kids (and sometimes a welcome outing – my kids LOVED Target treats aka Starbucks cake pops), but once I started working….OOF. Running errands during the week is out, and there’s no hell quite like Tar-jay on a Saturday.
Which is how we became such Amazon prime fanatics. Adding or ordering items via the Amazon Echo (“Alexa”) works really, really well for 90% of the things we need. The other 10%? Is anything we run out of on the 2nd floor, our Alexa ‘no man’s land’ if you will. This is the one area of the house where I would need to SHOUT at Alexa. #nothappening
Unfortunately for all of us, this Alexa-free zone is the laundry room, where we store toilet paper, and our most-used bathroom where we are constantly running out of hand soap.
The toilet paper thing is the WORST. (“Mike! Pick up wine and toilet paper!” is an all too common text.)
So I’m totally obsessing over Amazon’s latest: Dash buttons.
Dash buttons are one-click ordering devices that you can stick anywhere in your house. You configure each button with Amazon’s app. For each button you buy, choose a single household product (via the app), and voila! Your button, when clicked, will automatically send that product to your house.
The buttons have both an adhesive side, as well as something that would allow you to hang them.
For us, it made sense to install these in our 2nd floor bathroom, so when we run out, you just click the button.
You could easily install the Dash buttons out of the reach of little hands, but rest assured that there is some level of kid-proofing to this technology. For example, once a button is clicked, subsequent clicks will NOT result in another order. That button is virtually disabled until it’s associated product is delivered. Also, each order will send a notification to your phone, and you’ll have 30 minutes to cancel the order if you choose.
All of that means that this mischievous little guy can get the clicks out of his system….without costing us a small fortune in hand soap and toilet paper.
Dash Button Promo
Dash buttons are typically $4.99 each, but Amazon often gives you a $4.99 credit on your first order, making them virtually free.
However, until June 26th, you can get up to three Dash buttons for $.99 each, using code DASHMOMS. The Dash buttons available for this promotion are from many of my fav brands:
Mrs. Meyers – hand soap, dish soap, cleaning fluids, and dryer sheets are all available
Seventh Generation – Bath Tissue (I have this one – the button literally says ‘bath tissue’ on it so you can differentiate between buttons)
Seventh Generation – everything else
Supergoop – my fav sunscreen!!
Did you know that an order is placed, via Dash button, roughly four times per minute? It’s a Thing, you guys. And I’m totally on board.
A huge thank-you to Amazon for sponsoring this post! We have tons of love for Amazon Prime around here – it’s saved us on more than one occasion. And hey: when you get your drone fleet up and running, give us a call. Mike and the boys volunteer to be beta testers. Readers! If you are nerdy enough to follow that convo, high-freaking five! For the rest of you, I sincerely appreciate your continued support of The Mom Edit. It doesn’t go unnoticed.