Going somewhere warm for Spring Break? We will be heading to the Oregon Coast, so I will not be sporting a swimsuit this time. Brrrr. But, we recently spent a week in South Florida with my parents and I discovered my new favorite swimsuit style – the high neck suit.
Why is this my new favorite style, you might ask? Because I don’t like to worry about pulling a Janet Jackson while picking up shells or playing with Sienna on the beach. I know, I’m not a risk taker. I’m ok with that.
But seriously, this is a great style for mamas as the girls stay nicely in place. The halter neck also gives them a little lift, which I’ll be the first to admit mine definitely need.
@krembdelakremb was sporting a high-neck style last year in one of her IG posts and it intrigued me. I bought this top above at the end of the summer wanting to try it out. I finally did and I LOVE it. (Sadly, my exact top is no where to be found, but this one is super similar).
I’ve rounded up some of my favorite bikinis, tanks and one-pieces all with high-necks below, just in time for Spring Break…
1. Arizona Fringe High Neck Top – This is so cute and the one I found most similar to mine. My favorite about this style is that it’s still a bit sexy since it’s a 2-piece, but the fringe covers the tummy area more than a regular top. This is handy for sitting, breathing, eating, etc. The v-shape of the fringe is really flattering, too. The halter neck is comfy for playing and bending over. It’s just a really perfect style if your tummy isn’t quite ready for baring but almost (pretty much the state I live in these days, even with all the working out).
2. All Meshed Up Bikini Top – When my tummy is ready for baring, THIS ONE. I adore the color and the mesh. So pretty but the top looks super sturdy and well-made.
3. Jcrew Stripe Halter Bikini Top – Jcrew makes amazing suits. I’ve worn them since the early 90’s and they last. This is such a cute stripe pattern and you know I had to include some stripes up in here.
4. Mott Bikini Top – I can’t get over the scalloped swimsuit trend. It’s just so pretty and clean and lovely.
5. Becca Siren Hi Neck Crop Tankini– What a really cool top. I love the longer length for a little more coverage, like my fringe version, and the cutout/stripe design is really cool. So cute.
1. Kenneth Cole Tough Lux High Neck – Simply. Stunning. One of the most unique suits I’ve seen. Hopefully it’s not too boob-flattening, but gah, so worth a try.
2. Prairie Rose Crochet One-Piece – This is gorgeous and sexy but still somewhat covered and I’m dying over the perfect blue color. It’s also pretty enough to wear with flowy pants to dinner on vacay. Gorg.
3. Magicsuit Illusion-Yoke Tummy-Control One Piece – Tummy control with a gorgeous neckline? Yes, please. These suits get great reviews.
4. Modcloth Blink & You’ll Mesh It Swim Top – This is a fabulous top. And being a tankini style, it would be less chest-flattening than some of the one pieces, plus easier to navigate bathroom trips. I really love this a lot.
5. Modcloth Calm With the Current Top – This is so Modcloth and so cute. The peplum and waistline would be really flattering and I love the sheer piece around the neckline. It’s gorgeous on that redhead (Amanda…you may need this one).
Check Out More High-Neck Favs
Taking any fun trips this Spring? I’d love to hear! And if you try any of this style, please do share pics! You can tag them with #TheMomEditStyle on Instagram so we can check them out. Be sure to follow me, @elletrain, and the team, @themomedit, too!