I love unexpected outdoor spaces – especially ones that bring indoor comforts outside. My latest obsession? A little backyard reading nook. Here's what caught my eye, and how I'd recreate the space in a kid-friendly way.
(All items below are from World Market…for no other reason than I love them and they are having a HUGE sale right now. Use code SAVE1741 to get up to an additional 25% off already reduced items.)
1. Jetson Oblong Solar LED Lantern, $29
2. Orange and White Chevron Throw, $29
3. Yellow Palm Cove Occasional Bench, $149 on sale
4. Aqua Aberdeen Outdoor Throw Pillow, $12 on sale
5. Red Outdoor Throw Pillow, $17 on sale
6. Wood Storage Stool, $49 on sale
7. Galvanized Metal Tray, $15
8. Polka Dot Straws, $5 (essential for summer smoothies)
10. 6' X 9' Blue Omar Outdoor Rug, $39 (rolls up nice and thin – am totally obsessed with these)
I'd swap out the pretty white blanket for a durable outdoor rug in a dark color and hang some solar lanterns (so I can just forget about them). Instead of a – what is that? Vintage bird cage filled with flowers? Good God. Instead of all of that, I'd set the scene with a tray of smoothies and fun straws. The storage stool might be the answer to the zillion pieces of stuff-used-to-make-guns that are currently strewn about my yard (a deadly combo of bristle blocks, legos, and sticks).
Was this article helpful? As much as I love all of the inspiration on Pinterest, I really just want someone to show me – EXACTLY – how to re-create. Not a DIY tutorial, more of a click-here-and-buy kind of thing, OH AND using mostly affordable products. IknowIknow and then I want a pony. I'd love to start doing more of these (turning Pinterest inspiration into something kid-friendly and easy) but truth be told…it's HARD. Are any of you good at this? Want to work together? Shoot me an email if you're interested: aintnomomjeans (at) gmail (dot) com