I used to focus on the absolute cheapest things I could find and often found I had nothing to wear. A closet of faux fur and sequins doesn’t really cut it when I’m running errands or picking G up from school (most of the time, at least). So I’ve been working on spending money on things that I can get a lot of wear out of…things that can be dressed up or down, can be worn on a daily basis and will last for years to come. There are some investment pieces (like these boots that are weatherproof!), some pieces that are amazing deals (hello, puffer jacket) and yes, some glittery things because there’s always room for some sparkle. Here are my top picks for this year’s Black Friday sales:
Scotti’s Black Friday Shopping List: Investment Pieces, Amazing Deals & Glittery Things
- Faux Leather Moto Jacket – Express makes the best faux leather jackets at a fraction of what most others cost — especially with the 50% off everything sale! I love the quilting and zipper details.
- Black Denim Jacket – I wear my denim jacket with EVERYTHING and have been looking for a washed black rinse like this. Love the oversized fit (and color, of course).
- Black Velvet Puffer – Abercrombie knocked it out of the park with this one. It can easily be dressed up or down, and the black velvet looks super-rich without veering into faux fur territory.
- Rebecca Minkoff Glitter Clutch – I wear this clutch with all the things — jeans, dresses and everything in between. I love the sparkle (and it also comes in multi-colored or silver).
- Supersoft Turtleneck – I love the updated shape of these amazing sweaters from J. Crew. I’ve been pairing camel with grey and black and love it. (I’d also layer this over that sequin mini dress with tights and tall boots — LOVE.)
- Colleen Rothschild Sheer Renewal Cream – You have to feel this stuff. It’s hands-down the best moisturizer I’ve ever used and makes your skin SO soft. 30% off everything on her site right now!
- J. Crew Going Out Blazer – Worth every single penny, this is the best-fitting blazer I’ve ever tried. It has a bit of stretch for comfort and comes in multiple colors–and I’m eyeing up this festive plaid, too.
- Cashmere Crew Neck – I can’t get over how good of a deal these sweaters are. 100% cashmere, normally $160, on sale for $50. PLUS you get $100 off every $200 you purchase . . . so you can literally get FIVE of these for less than ONE normally costs. INSANE. (I’m not going to tell you how many I have now. Totally worth it.)
- J. Crew Toothpick Jeans – I love J. Crew’s toothpick jeans and this charcoal wash is AWESOME. In classic, petite and tall sizes for the perfect fit.
- Sequin Mini Dress – I have lent this dress to multiple people with vastly different body types and they all look amazing in it. I love that there’s no cleavage (sometimes you just want to cover up the girls) but it’s still super sexy. Layer sweaters over it and add tights and over-the-knee boots in winter. Plus you can’t beat 50% off EVERYTHING in store.
- T3 Interchangeable Curling Iron – Reviewers LOVE this iron and I’m so happy it’s on sale. The reviews almost seem too good to be true, but with so many in agreement I’m super excited to try it!
- Bracelet Watch – This watch manages to be gorgeous and badass at the same time. Love the sleek black-on-black and oversized face.
- Stuart Weitzman Boots – So yes, these boot are crazy expensive, but this sale is really good. Normally $850, these are on sale for $595 PLUS an extra $25 off for every $150 you spend. So if you add these to your cart, then add something for $5, they come out to under $500. Still expensive, but almost 50% off–and Weitzman boots are good.
- Michael Kors Sneakers – I love my crazy leopard print sneakers and these look amazing for colder months. I kind of love the crazy mis-mash of prints and especially the comfort level.
- J. Crew Leopard Print Booties – Leopard print is totally a neutral–especially if you wear mostly black, grey and camel (raises hand). These booties are super comfy and go with everything.
- Aquatalia Weatherproof Booties – I never want to wear “good” shoes out in our rain, slush and snow, but these are fully weatherproof and stain-resistant (so they’ll last for years). I got them this fall and have been wearing them in all the weather–they’re good. Super comfortable, too, and they go with everything. You don’t have to be careful with this suede.
Shop Scotti’s Black Friday Shopping List