Anyone else ready for summer? We’ve been barely hanging on these last few weeks of school — my oldest keeps begging to skip and go surfing, and the fact that I’m considering it says something about my state of mind — so Memorial Day weekend, aka the unofficial kickoff to summer, cannot come soon enough.
Surf days, sandy feet, barbecues, backyard parties & pool openings, vacation….gahhhh, I seriously can’t wait.
While Memorial Day weekend doesn’t officially start until May 27, we’ve noticed that the Memorial Day sales often start before the weekend itself. So, we thought we’d drop an early version of this cheat sheet to take advantage of some of these early sales. We will, of course, be updating it every couple of days leading up to Memorial Day weekend, so this cheat sheet is definitely a good one to bookmark.
Our Top Memorial Day Sales Buys Every Year
There are always a few go-to items I stock up on every Memorial Day (or at least I wait until Memorial Day sales hit to purchase). This is a highly personal list, but in case it helps, here’s my Memorial Day Sales shortlist:
- These towels from Parachute Home – I almost always have to replace a towel or two due to stains (and my refusal to use anything but environmentally friendly laundry detergent). All of our towels are from Parachute, and they’re amazing. The linen bedding is another favorite.
- J.Crew linen shirts for my guys – They like the slim-fit, untucked length. I also pick up some of J.Crew’s short-sleeve cotton poplin button-downs in fun prints too.
- Rumpl Blankets & Stash Mats – We bring these lightweight, puffy blankets & waterproof mats freaking everywhere. They work just as well at the beach as they do on the grass (or even staying warm slope side in winter). They’re machine-washable, and I never feel like we have enough. (Rumpl is a climate-neutral-certified brand too.)
- Darn Tough Hiking Socks – They’re the best. These tree-lined ones are cute too, or this pair if you prefer a ton of cushion.
- Chilewich Rugs – These absolutely indestructible rugs (that also happen to be modern and gorgeous) never go on sale…except now, at Food52. We have them all over (even in muddy Vermont). Game changers, for sure.
- Thermocell Mosquito Repellant – These little containers are the only things that work (and I’m one of those people mosquitos LOVE). I bring them everywhere, and set them up around me. Here’s a prettier option.
- Supergoop! sunscreen – I buy several bottles, and they (typically) last most of the summer. If you’re feeling fancy, pick up the Glowscreen Body or Glow Oil. I save those for mah-self and love how they look (solid SPF protection, too). This stuff doesn’t usually go on sale until Memorial Day weekend itself.
The Best 2023 Memorial Day Sales In Fashion, Beauty & Home
It might just be this year, but I’m heading into summer feeling woefully unprepared. So, in addition to my usual go-tos listed above, I find that I’m actually in need of summer clothes for myself. Personally, I’m going to be looking for the perfect white tank top (maybe this linen one from Madewell?), comfortable tan, flat sandals (I just ordered this pair), linen dresses (hopefully these linen Reformation dresses will go on sale), and a size bigger (haha) in my favorite AGOLDE denim shorts.
Memorial Day weekend also signals a patio refresh for those of us who are ready to sit outside as much as possible [S raises hand]. Sign me up.
Fashion: The Best Memorial Day Sales On Clothing, Shoes & Accessories
A few of my personal top picks: my favorite workout tank of all time is on sale at Athleta (and I’ve been pairing it with these parachute pants, also on sale at Athleta). I’m always looking for 100% cotton or 100% linen dresses on sale, and this J.Crew dress has a gorgeous print, and this linen one from Bloomingdales is very Grecian Goddess. If you’re OK with cotton or linen blends, this J.Crew gingham dress is a dead ringer for Rachel Comey’s.
Clothing, Shoes & Accessories On Memorial Day Weekend Sale
- Abercrombie & Fitch – currently 20% off almost everything – top pick
- Adidas – up to 50% off full price w/ code “savings” for members – top pick
- Aerie – 40% off | 10 for $38 underwear – top pick
- American Eagle – 30-70% off (almost) everything – top pick
- Anthropologie – up to 40% off furniture, outdoor, candles, bedding + more – top pick
- Athleta – up to 60% off select items, 30% off sale – top pick
- Banana Republic – 30% off select styles – top pick
- Bloomingdales – save up to 50% on select items – top pick
- Boden – 30% off everything – top pick
- Eloquii – currently up to 60% off everything – top pick
- Everlane – up to 30% off – top pick
- Faherty – new styles in sale section – top pick (men!)
- Free People – new styles in sale section – top pick
- Gap – currently 60% off sun things | 40% off purchase – top pick
- Good American – 25% off site wide – top pick
- Goop – new sale section – top pick
- J.Crew – 40% off select styles | extra 50% off sale – top pick
- Jenni Kayne – 20% off with code MDWEVENT – top pick
- Levi’s – Extra 50% off sale styles | Up to 40% off site wide – top pick
- Loft – 40% off purchase – top pick
- Lunya – special sale section – top pick
- Nordstrom – Half yearly sale (up to 60% off) – top pick
- Madewell – 30% off purchase – top pick
- Maisonette – up to 40% off select items – top pick (kids!!)
- Naadam – 25% off purchase – top pick
- Naked Cashmere – special sale section, but everything is final sale – top pick
- Old Navy – 35% off – top pick
- Printfresh – 20% off all sale with code SUMMER (and 50% off select items) – top pick
- Saks Fifth Avenue – up to 70% off must-haves – top pick
- Shopbop – Up to 50% off designer – top pick (heyyy, skiers)
- Social Threads – 25% off all items in the Summer Sale Collection – top pick
- Splendid – 40% off almost everything – top pick
- Tory Burch – sale section, up to 40% off – top pick
- UpWest – 20% off $100, 30% off $150 – top pick
- Victoria Emerson – tons of styles $25 – top pick (or this for Apple Watch users)
- Vince – sale section, mostly past season – top pick
- Vuori – they now have a sale section – top pick (in Cosmo)
Our Top Fashion Picks For 2023 Memorial Day Sales
Home: The Best Memorial Day Sales On Decor, Kitchen Appliances, Outdoor Gear & Luggage
The absolute dreamiest Memorial Day home sale is Food52, which is 25% off site-wide! Food52 has the most gorgeously curated selection of kitchenware, fun outdoor products, home organization and appliances. If you’ve never checked it out, I’d start there. A few of my personal favorites are these indestructible indoor/outdoor Chilewhich rugs and this gorgeous flatware (we have and LOVE it).
Now that we have a dog, I’m debating between another Dyson V8 Absolute cordless stick vacuum (so we don’t have to haul ours up & down three flights of stairs) OR Bissel’s portable carpet cleaner. While I’m a HUGE fan of Molekule air filters (seriously, they’ve changed my allergy-ridden life), I know the rest of the team are die-hard Dyson Pure Cool purifying fan fans (ha!). Both are now on sale!
While there’s not much I’m looking for in home and home decor (other than my Parachute towels), I’m alllll over the outdoor-gear sales at Backcountry and DICK’s. Backcountry has kid wetsuits on sale we definitely need, as well as giant Mountain Hardware duffle bags that look rugged enough for camp. I’m a big fan of YETI’s smaller, soft-sided coolers, and DICK’s has a pink YETI Hopper on sale. Also, the entire line of Hydroflask bottles are on sale at Amazon.
Lastly, if you’re in the market for a new suitcase, the scuba navy set at Paravel is the most gorgeous thing I’ve seen in luggage yet.
Home Decor, Kitchen Appliances & Outdoor Gear On Memorial Day Weekend Sale
- Anthropologie – Up to 40% off furniture, outdoor, etc – our top pick
- Backcountry – up to 50% off – our top pick
- DICK’s Sporting Goods – a ton of random sales – our top pick
- Dyson – daily deals on vacuums and fans/air purifiers
- Food52 – Up to 25% off site wide – our top pick
- Molekule Air Purifiers – $300 off an Air Pro (we use ours downstairs), $50 off an Air Mini (have one in my office).
- Parachute – 20% off site wide – our top pick
- Paravel – 20% off luggage sets – our top pick (scuba navy!!!)
- Target – tons of daily deals, especially in outdoor & patio – our top pick
- West Elm – up to 60% off – our top pick
- Williams-Sonoma – up to 50% off – our top pick
Our Top Home & Outdoor Picks For 2023 Memorial Day Sales
Beauty: The Best Memorial Day Sales On Hair, Makeup & Skincare
Quick question: Can a vibrator be considered “Beauty”? I’m going with yes. And while I’m still waiting for my fave Supergoop! spray sunscreen to go on sale, I did come across Clinque’s Aromatics Elixir perfume on sale at Saks. My mom wore it eons ago, and it brings back my earliest, fuzziest memories. IYKYK. But one sale I never miss is Colleen Rothschild — I’ve been using the Radiant Cleansing Balm for YEARS and will never switch (so now I order the jumbo size).
Hair, Makeup & Skincare On Memorial Day Weekend Sale
- Biossance – 25% off purchases of $75 – top pick
- Briogeo – up to $50 off your order – top pick
- Colleen Rothschild – 25% off orders of $100 – top pick
- Elemis – 25% off sitewide with code MEMORIALDAY – our top pick
- Nordstrom – Half yearly sale (up to 60% off) – top pick
- Saks – up to 70% off must-haves – top pick
- Sephora – up to 50% – top pick
- Supergoop! – tbd
- Verishop – special sale section – top pick
Our Top Beauty Picks For 2023 Memorial Day Sales
P.S. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter to never miss a sale. Choose your delivery preferences & sign up, right here.