Now that the holidays are almost over, we’re trading in our sequins for Sorels and scheming up the perfect outfits for getting outside. For many of us, that means, bundle up, grab a cute beanie like Em’s and slip into all. the. layers.
Sorels, Danner Boots & Puffers: Our Favs On Sale At Backcountry
Though we have an awesome standing discount code with Backcountry (use THEMOMEDIT for 15% off many full-priced pieces!!) when they run a special sale, we can’t not take a peek. And we definitely stumbled upon some winners today. Scotti swears by these Sorel Joan of Arctic Wedges, and they’re on super-sale (but sizes are going FAST) OR if you’re looking for hiking-friendly shoes…Kat swears by these Under Armour sneakers, and I’m obsessed with the colorway.
Oh! And that gorgeous blue puffer Laura shared below? Yup, on sale. There are plenty more Backcountry favs below, and be sure to check out Shana’s latest post to see her go-to Lole jacket included in this sale!
Quick Jump Links To Contributor Sale Picks
Scotti | Kat | Laura | Em | Shana
Scotti’s Top Backcountry Sale Picks
1. TANK: Free People Long Beach Tank – This tank is SO good, I have it in three different colors. I love the shape and how it drapes so nicely over the belly…I wore the same size when I was pregnant that I normally do (small). I wear it over a halter bralette, strapless or swim suit top. I love this top.
2. BOOTS: Sorel Joan of Arctic Wedge Boots – These are my most-worn winter boots (and another piece I have in more than one color). So warm and comfy, even with a wedge heel (which makes them perfect to pair with cropped jeans, even in winter–add some warm socks and you’re good!).
Kat’s Top Backcountry Sale Picks
1. SNEAKERS: Under Armour HOVR Summit Sneaker – You all have heard me wax poetic about how much I love the HOVR sneakers. They are made of the same material as tires and are designed for an incredible hiking experience. They feel like you’re walking on clouds, and their grip ensures a slip free hiking experience! I cannot recommend these enough, AND they are finally on sale!
2. PANTS: Prana Summit Pants – I love that these pants are a great option for plus size (and straight size) hikers! And they are 50% off today!
3. SWEATER: Free People Believe It Sweat Hoodie – I brought this sweater back to Wisconsin. It is beyond warm, and it’s been a staple in my winter wear. I love the cute lace detailing and that it is slightly cropped.
Em’s Top Backcountry Sale Picks
1. HAT: Fjallraven Byron Hat – I called this beanie the Unicorn of Hats because it looks great without fussing to get it to sit right. (You know how some look dorky if they’re not perfectly slouched or if your hair isn’t framing your face just so? This one I pop on and go, every time.) It was out of stock for a while, but it’s back in stock in a few colors — and on sale! — so I’m assuming they’ll go fast. Not itchy on the forehead, either. Just…perfect. (Teddy bear jacket here, plaid shirt here — and full details on both in this outdoorsy gear post.)
1. SOREL BOOTS: Just got these in and I LOVE them. I stupidly got rid of a similar pair a couple of years ago and totally missed them. SO comfy, even for walking all day. Waterproof AND flattering with the wedge. You can’t go wrong. TTS in this style. top (similar) | jeans
2. PUFFER: So comfy soft and warm, but adorable and bright. I wear this all the time. Love! TTS.
3. DANNER BOOTS: You’ll never need another hiking/outdoor boot again. The black are on sale. I even styled them up a few ways for everyday, when you’re not hiking, last fall here. jumpsuit (**sustainable, tts)
1. LONG PUFFER: Lole’s Katie Limited Edition Long Puffer Coat – mine is from a few years ago, so it doesn’t have the new little tweaks (side-zips, I’m looking at you), but Lole’s puffer game is so freaking strong. This coat is one of the warmest I own, yet the most lightweight. It almost feels like wearing a cardigan, and packs down to nothing. I can’t recommend these highly enough. (Currently 30% off!) UPDATE: More sizes available at Nordstrom Rack! (lower price, too)
2. SHORT PUFFER: Lole’s Kayley Short Puffer – my most-worn winter coat…for the last three years in a row. Like the long version it’s insanely lightweight yet warm, and I just can’t quit this thing. Also 30% off! UPDATE: More sizes at Nordstrom Rack!
3. WINTER BOOTS: Sorel Kinetic Conquest Boots – NOT ON SALE! I’ve been a little quiet about these boots, simply because they keep selling out before I can freaking blog about them…but they’re AMAZING. Super squishy and comfortable, warm, waterproof and SO GOOD for winter hiking (or walking). They come in three different colors and all are cute.
P.S. If you’re looking for a great face mask, Linzi swears by these and they’re included in the sale!
Hi!! I’ve been eyeing the Hestra mittens. I don’t see them at the price listed above in Shana’s picks. Is there a separate code?