Ok. I’ve been hunting and trying on and discarding and….anyway. Here’s where my head is. And I even have a few (terribly informal) #dressingroomselfies to better illustrate what I’m thinking.
Tees and Tanks
This is the core of the whole wardrobe – plain tees and tanks. Wear ’em with shorts and flats for day, wear ’em with skirts and jewelry for night.
2. James Perse Slub Raglan Tee in pink (a seriously gorgeous, barely-there blush color)
A Cozy Sweater For Cooler Nights
4. Free People Chunky Cowl Neck Sweater – sooooo soft (100% cotton)
Casual Bottoms That Can Be Dressed Up or Down (or even worn to the beach)
5. James Perse Twisted Jersey Miniskirt (expensive, but I bought a similar skirt for a fraction of the cost…and it’s so thin that every lump and bump shows through and I’ve worn it exactly ONCE. This style of skirt is my jam, but clearly quality matters in this case.)
9. Citizens of Humanity Rocket High Rise Jeans (I may swap these out for boyfriend jeans for a beach vacay….but right now I love the idea of having a seriously sexy pair of jeans to wear with a white tank, long necklace, and flat sandals. Can still chase kiddos, but will feel a little sexier going out for dinner.)
A Seriously Cool Dress For Night or Day
10. Riller and Fount Christiano Dress – this dress is so freaking good I could probably just bring this and be fine for the week. (Looks just as cute with sneakers as it does with sandals or heels.)
7. Free People Lace Halter Bra – these types of bras are the key to making racerback tanks work. And I love the deep berry with blush pink and army green.
A High-Performing Jacket (That’s Still Awfully Chic)
11. Adidas Originals Track Jacket – sporty jackets like this are my answer for boat trips, hikes through rainforest, or anything vaguely sporty. They’ll look just as cute thrown over a dress at night, too.
13. Marc Jacobs Pretty Nylon Tate Tote (Medium) – there’s nothing “medium” about this bag. It’s HUGE. I once flew with both boys using this bag. It fit snacks, 6 diapers and wipes, 2 outfit changes (for each kid) a scarf and tee for me, assorted toys and books, TWO laptops with chargers, and our big fancy camera plus an extra lens. Also? It’s totally machine washable. My fav beach bag, too.
15. Ugg Australia Devie Metallic Sandal – I got totally obsessed with Ugg this winter. Their newest styles are so freaking cool, yet….comfortable. I have high hopes for these sandals.
Ok – I’m wearing James Perse Slub Raglan Tee in pink (size 2 for reference) and Hinge Vintage Military Shorts (size 25). I pretty much will wear this outfit alllll summer long. LOVE. (And the shorts, you’ll notice, are much darker in person than they are on the Nordies website.)
This is the Stateside Knot Detail Tee (size XS) and James Perse Twisted Jersey Miniskirt (size 0). This shirt would help to hide a small post-partum pooch, too. It is pretty thin, but that’s how I like my white tees. (For a thicker white tee that still has amazing drape, try Everlane’s Ryan tee.)
This is where I try to convince myself that a $265 Elizabeth and James silk crop top is a wise and practical investment. #no
But….you can see I hiked the skirt up a bit to spoof a high-waist look.
I’ve been looking around for a new pair of boyfriend jeans rather unsuccessfully (what’s that you say? I already have boyfriend jeans? Did Mike tell you to say that?)….but most are pretty big (they fit like these bad boys here). However, Joe’s Slim Boyfriend Crop jeans are seriously great. (I’m wearing a size 24 for reference.)
A Few Additional #DressingRoomSelfies
These are items that I loved, but just didn’t make the cut for one reason or another.
I mean SWOON, right? This gorg little number from Free People is virtually backless and see-through….so…yeah. Swim coverup maybe? But it also comes in both black and a bright orange which changes things completely.
If our Spring Break involved more of a city-type-scene, this is what I’d bring. Heck, this is what I’ll want to wear all Spring once the weather warms: Faux-leather shorts and the coolest striped tee ever.
These are the Citizens of Humanity Rocket High Rise Jeans from the collage. Such a modern, high-rise, and perfect wash and distressing. I’m wearing a 25 in the pic. They look amazing with sneakers (pics coming soon). I also liked this sweet little top – it’s the Nellore Blouse, and comes in both reg and petite (wearing the XS in the pic, but I need the petite). Both from Anthro.
I was actually surprised by this swingy metallic tee – it’s Anthro’s Glimmered Tee. A great neckline, and is an easy way to wear leggings without boring yourself to death. Looks seriously cute with distressed white denim too (see the pic at Anthro’s site).
Now….any tips for Puerto Rico?