This post is sponsored by Zulily & ShopStyle.
Friends, I’ve got a confession to make — and I have a hunch I might not be alone. We’ve been sheltering in place for — what… — three going on four weeks now? And I have been totally sucked into the whole retail therapy thing. I’m trying to be conservative, keeping in mind both my own budget and the people (and, let’s not forget packaging!) involved when my trigger finger gets a little twitchy over the checkout button. And, for the most part, I’ve succeeded. But at the same time, I’m a shopper through and through — and I especially love scoring the perfect find on sale — so the comfort that these purchases bring is, on some days, just the sense of normalcy I need.
That said, I’m trying to be exceptionally smart about what I’m buying. I’ve mentioned this in the past few sales reports, but to me that means pieces that I’ll feel good about long after this unprecedented period of cocooning oneself at home has concluded. Well-made, timeless pieces that I can enjoy now — and some that I can look forward to enjoying for years on end when all this is said and done (leather weekender, I’m looking at you).
Spring Refresh Retail Therapy — Jewelry, Loungewear + Leather Bags & Shoes At Zulily
You guys already know that we love Zulily — and I particularly love the thrill of their daily sales — so when they asked me to put together a post with some of my current favorites, I threw myself into curating a list of buys that are really exceptional. Pieces that make sense for both now and later. Even more reassuring: Zulily now offers a best price promise, so if you find a lower price on the same item elsewhere — even Amazon or Walmart.com — they’ll match it. A little certainty in uncertain times! Gotta love that.
This morning, I searched literally THOUSANDS of items available within Zulily’s current sales, and somehow the 50 pieces I ended up with fell into three categories, more or less:
- Athletic and loungewear: Separates you will most certainly make use of today but with enough style and quality to live in your closet well into the future.
- Timeless shoes, boots and bags: Nothing overly trendy here. Just well-designed, smart buys from reliable brands.
- Gold accent jewelry: I know. A necessity? Probably not. But I wear my dainty gold pieces daily, and even at home adding earrings or a necklace (yes, to an outfit of sweats or leggings) makes me feel a bit more pulled together. Everything I’ve rounded up is gold-filled or gold-plated, at the very least, so they shouldn’t irritate sensitive skin for daily wear.
I’ve rounded up my very favorites of the bunch first, but keep scrolling for more super tightly curated picks from each category.
12 Zulily Fashion Finds You’ll Love Now…& Later
1) Luukse Striped Hoodie // *Plus-Size Available* I love the beachy stripes on this easy skate shop-inspired hoodie, but what I love even more is that they continue onto the back! How often does that happen!?
2) Reebok Transcend Pocket High Waist 7/8 Leggings // These remind me SO much of my beloved Zella leggings but with a sleek mesh panel detail near the pocket. And just over $20. Would wear these non-stop.
3) Gold Hoops // These are JUST the right size for an everyday earring (just under 1″ diameter), 18k gold-plated stainless steel — so, perfect for sensitive piercings — and 80% off. Seriously, under $10. Done.
4) La Donne Tan Classic Weekender // I blame those early 2000’s Michael Kors ads for thinking private jets and weekender bags would be my bread and butter as an adult. The private jets, not so much, but this weekender lets me dream of getaways to come. Half-off retail and well-reviewed, too.
5 & 6 ) Tommy Hilfiger Bright White Bralette and Briefs // I live in little sets like this year-round, especially on the weekends. It’s the perfect set to roll out of bed in — just add leggings and a sweatshirt. Available in a few other all-American colors, as well. And under $20 for the set.
7) Reebok Black Racerback Bikini Top and Bottoms // I know this is pretty basic as far as swimsuits go, but I almost always have a suit like this in my arsenal — and for good reason. It’s flattering, it stays put and the top can double as a sports bra or a crop top (if you’re really feeling it) when you travel.
8) Dooney & Bourke Navy Bucket Bag // There are LOADS of Dooney & Bourke goods in today’s Zulily sale, but this bag, in particular, feels both fresh and nostalgic. The bucket shape is on-trend and the logo pattern feels a little retro. Plus the braiding on the strap and the tassels — this just feels like the perfect vintage score, but brand spankin’ new.
9) Fly London Platform Wedges // Linzi would be so proud! Comfort shoes meet on-trend styling — plus you know I love the lightness of a subtle metallic shoe. These will have you floating through summer.
10) Superga “Mucho” Platform Sneaker // The ecru color on these is just right — not too brilliant but still fresh and clean. Love the whimsical stitching and the platform sole, both which make them feel a bit more special and modern.
11) Frye Dark Brown Natalie Engineer Boots // FRIENDS! These are the exact Frye boots I have, which I thought had been discontinued. Enter: Zulily. *ding ding ding!* I wear these boots year-round, with cut-offs and a graphic T, skinnies and a chunky sweater — they even lend a bit of rural grunge to a floral slip dress and a denim jacket. They are hands-down one of the most-worn items in my closet (the only reason you haven’t seen more of them around here is that they’re not typically available!) and I can’t recommend them enough. More than 60% off and fully stocked. I went up one half size in this style (from an 8 to an 8.5).
12) Frye Billie Suede Bootie // Yep, putting another Frye bootie on the list, because I’d be hard-pressed to think of a more timeless buy. So many easy ways to style these guys. They’d be oh-so current with a high-rise flare, but a really easy choice for a cropped straight-leg jean, or even skinnies, too. Cut-offs, obviously. Or even a sweatshirt dress. If you can’t tell, I’m feeling them. (And they’re $75!)
The Best of Zulily: Athletic & Loungewear Picks
The Best of Zulily: Shoes, Boots & Leather Goods
The Best of Zulily: Everyday Gold Jewelry
Here’s to finding those few pieces that you can genuinely feel good about adding to your wardrobe now — and that you can enjoy well beyond this goofy time in which we find ourselves.
Big thanks to Zulily and ShopStyle for sponsoring this post and allowing us to keep doing what we do here at TME. I’ve been a fan of Zulily from the very beginning (hi, always on the hunt for a great deal, especially clothes for a growing kiddo!) and it’s been so much fun browsing the site to find high-end, feel-good purchases that I know will live in my closet for years to come.
Guys! Follow me on Instagram for more peeks into our life on the Northern California coast. And if you feel so inclined, pop over to my personal food + lifestyle blog, The Pig & Quill, where I share salty scribblings from my kitchen and home life. Byeeeeee!