Cut-out clothing is having a major moment. We’re drooling over this trend because it’s an easy way to make your everyday look next level. While the cut-out tops can range from downright demure to daring (depending on the strategic placement of the peek of skin), I rounded up a few that would actually be wearable for everyday. Keep reading for my favorite cut-out tops, and few different styling ideas for everyday.
1. Joeoy Women’s Red Off Shoulder Strappy Detail Raglan Sleeve Sweatshirt – This looks so soft and has the coolest shoulder cut outs. It adds interest to an otherwise everyday piece. I like this one so much, I’ve styled it below…
2. ASOS Jumper In Denim Yarn – Denim yarn, I mean. Thank you. The cutouts are placed just right in back so even those of us who are shy about visible bras could rock this. Of course, a navy cami under would also work. Get one with thin straps though so you’re showing a little bit of the upper back. Especially pretty with white denim – almost preppy, in a subversive way.
3. Revolve Clothing Vapor Tank – Beautiful drape and back cut out on this top. The soft peach is so lovely and makes me want spring to be here now! This would be great for athleisure or with light denim and nude wedges for date night.
4. Cold Shoulder Pullover – Oh my gorgeous. This is THE perfect transition top…lovely bare shoulders, but a little warmth still in the light sweater. Easily throw this on with skinny jeans and boots or heels, depending on the weather, to create a simple but interesting, sexy outfit. This would also look lovely with the jeans and boots I’ve styled below with the red sweatshirt!
5. Fifth Label Major Tom Cold Shoulder Shirt – Dying over this one. Love the menswear vibe paired with the sexy cut out shoulders. I styled this one below because YES. Love it.
6. Cheap Monday T-shirt With Cut out Detail – This is one of my favorites of the bunch because it’s so easy. Wear with black skinny jeans and hi tops and you have the coolest AND most comfortable outfit ever. I love everything Cheap Monday. This one is also styled below.
7. Black Long Sleeve Top With Cut Outs from Etsy– This. These are the tops that made me want to do this post. But, they are selling out everywhere. I found this one from Etsy, which I love, and one other in the shopping boutique below. So rad. Love. And I do love that this one is handmade.
8. SM by Steve Madden Women’s Drippy Pullover with Cutout Back – This is a great, basic everyday shirt with this lovely back cut. This would look so pretty with a number of the bralettes from my post the other day. A neon yellow would be a really cool choice. Throw this on for post-workout, too…literally an every day top.
9. Silence + Noise Jules Blouse – Love everything about this. Chambray tops are the easiest go-to item and this one looks soft and unique. Love it with black denim (of course).
Styling Ideas For Everyday
For fun, here’s how I’d wear my favorite three cut-out tops:
Preppy + Sexy + Cool
That button-down. You guys. It’s such a great combination of sexy and preppy. Tuck the front of the top into the black skinnies…add these Sorel mesh oxfords for a bit of a cool vibe and you have a really interesting outfit. I want to wear this right now!
Comfy, Yet Street
This outfit is also totally ‘me.’ Love the contrast of the ripped top with the sleek (but not shiny) coated denim. The white watch is a perfect contrast to an all-black outfit. Also, can anyone resist these Nikes??? I CANNOT.
It’s February and chilly here in Portland, so I went with one last cold-weather outfit. Choose a hat in a warm tone to balance the bright pop of red. These jeans + boots are about the best color ever and will keep your legs looking miles long. Simple gold earrings would be a lovely addition to this outfit. The blush sweater from my favorites would also look lovely with these jeans and boots!
Shop Cut Out Tops and Easy Dresses
Have you hopped on the cut-out trend yet? I may have to run over and grab one of those Cheap Monday tees…I keep thinking about it. I included a few cute cutout dresses I found along the way in the boutique, too, because they were too good to leave out. We got some great sunshine this week and it’s feeding my soul, you guys, and making me long for spring! Wishing good weather for you, too!
‘Til next time…