Peeps. Spring is here. Woo!!
We had a bit of a stressful winter in our house. Mama had too much going on, vitamin D levels were low, we got TONS of rain in Portland (I know, I know, but it was actually the rainiest winter in a long time). Whew.
We are having a few amazing days of real spring right now and let me just say it is healing us all! Sienna and I are having some good mother-daughter time these days now that my plate is less full and it is so, so good. Can I just say…it’s ok to say no to things. It’s ok to take some things off your to-do list and it’s ok to fail at things sometimes. Especially when it means more QT with your little one(s). Amen.
So, since I’ve been so stoked about the spring weather over here, I thought I’d round up a few of my favorite pieces for both Sienna and I, all with a lovely, fresh, fun seasonal vibe.
1. Sole Society Faded Jumpsuit – Oh the love for this. I know it’s tricky to fit sometimes, but when you find the right jumpsuit or overalls, well, you know. You wear them all the time. This is so cute now with a light sweater or white blazer over it, later with a super cute bra or tank under. And black denim one-pieces, like my overalls and this jumpsuit, are SO versatile. Unlike blue denim, they dress up easily and look less casual for everyday, too.
2. Ramones Tee – Love. Rock ‘n roll baseball tees forever. Sadly, only small left, but they restock. It was too good to leave out. Here’s another rock baseball tee. You can never go wrong with Zeppelin.
3. J. Crew Short-sleeved Popover Shirt – This is so lovely. Classic and gorgeous and clean. Wear with any pants or skirt for spring and summer. Great for the office, too.
4. Fifth Label Standard Stripe Dress Forever 21 – I am so drawn to stripes, especially in spring. They are classic and sporty and easy. This is perfect for travel, dressing up or down, or as a swim cover-up. Boom.
5. Levi’s 501 Customized Distressed Jean Short – the ’90’s girl in me is a sucker for perfectly faded and worn out Levi’s 501s. I have a pair of their customized (updated) boyfriend jeans and they are just like you managed to save a pair from 2 decades ago…perfectly distressed. I so want to try the cutoffs.
6. Sole Society Tali Slide – A beautifully, modern and simple slide sandal in a leopard print. Yes. Wear now with skinny jeans and boyfriend jeans, later with dresses and shorts.
7. Sole Society Night Walker Moto Jeans – These might be the most beautiful color of jeans I’ve ever seen. So light and fresh for spring…a gorg alternative to white denim.
8. Sorel Joanie Wedge Sandal – I have these. They are as comfy as our beloved 1964 wedge booties for winter. This color is a great neutral and I could seriously walk forever in these. Bare legs often need the lift of a small heel to make them look super sexy and these are a great comfy shoe for that purpose.
9. Sole Society Lambert Bootie – I’m also a sucker for fringe boots. Maybe it’s my 10 years in Nashville. These are a perfect color and would look amazing with cutoffs. I find an ankle boot with a wider opening really flatters legs in shorts. Plus, they’re just fun.
10. Magicsuit Bonnie Faux Leather Neck Swimsuit – Gah, this suit. It’s not overly sexy, but that neckline and faux leather are awesome. It would be great for playing with the kiddos in the pool and not having to worry about pieces and parts falling out. What a rad find. Love.
1. Gap Print Shirred Raglan Tee – Total sucker for black floral prints. This is precious.
2. H&M Hi Tops – H&M shoes are reasonable and I’ve had good luck with them for Sienna. I love the pale pink. Perfect with everything all summer and Sienna is convinced that hi tops help her run faster.
3. Babiators Sunglasses – You guys probably know these, but I love them. Sienna has had hers since about 1 year old and they’re still going strong as she’s about to turn 3. They have a great warranty on them, too, if they get damaged. They are super cute, flexible and come in a variety of colors.
4. Billabong Swim to the Moon Tank– Holy moly I love this tank. Sienna has been taking an ISR swimming class for the last few weeks. (It’s an intensive class that meets 10min/day for 4-6 weeks to teach little ones how to be safe if they enter water – on purpose or otherwise). It’s brilliant you guys. But every. Day. Mama is getting worn out. I think that’s why I almost started to tear up when I saw this. Well, exhaustion and the fact that she’s been so brave in a scary environment of being plopped in the pool everyday. I’m a proud proud mama.
5. Gap 1969 Denim Overalls Skirt – Sienna has this. We love it. Super easy for spring and summer, or with tights and a long sleeve when fall gets here. I don’t have to go on and on about overalls to you anymore.
6. J Crew Embroidered Dress – Seriously the cutest dress evah. For real though. Beautiful. Lovely for spring and summer photos and at the beach and also get a bleach pen, but still oh so pretty.
7. Gap Safari Animals Romper – Animal print. Hahaha. This is so precious. I ordered it for S. The color choice is so spot-on. This may be Sienna’s birthday outfit, if I don’t cave and also get the blue and white dress above…
8. H&M 2 Pack Leggings– Leggings. The best invention ever for toddlers. These are so cute with the shades print. They go up to size 2T, but I’m thinking as capris for S for this summer. Yeah!
9. H&M Patterned Denim Shorts – Adorable. Tiny toddler legs in shorts and sandals are so super cute…but it does make me miss the knee rolls of yesteryear. I am quite sappy today!
10. Saltwater Sandals – Gotta love Saltwaters. This pale pink is a color I haven’t seen before. Navy is also great to wear with a ton (we have some in navy) and the gold are amazing.
Shop the Post and a Few More Faves
For the Mamas
For the Little Gals
There you have it. A few updates for the closet for spring for you and your little gal. I hope you’re able to soak up a few rays these days, too. Here’s to sunshine and quality time, y’all.