I’ve been working from home for years now…but the current climate feels VERY different with the stay-at-home orders and the no school and the anxiety and ALL OF THE THINGS. So, to help, I thought I’d share a few of my work from home essentials. Most are things I swear by after years of use…and some are new finds necessary for this new #StayAtHome era.
Work It: 10 Essential Home Office Products We Love
1. Echo Show – I use this ALLLLL the time–calling and/or dropping in on my mom and Shana, asking Alexa questions, watching the news, setting timers while cooking, even setting a relaxing screensaver when I’m working. Amazon offers an upgrade program, too, so when you upgrade a device, you can get money back for sending in your old one. AWESOME.
2. Insulated Mug – I mean, am I the only one who reheats coffee MULTIPLE times a day?? This is much easier. And it comes in a ton of colors to choose from.
3. Phone Holder with Attached Light (this one works as a tripod if you’d rather not use a clip–and can also be used as a selfie stick)— This phone holder makes FaceTime, Zoom, Houseparty . . . pretty much any way you communicate on your phone easier. Hands-free and with a multi-setting light (that helps you look better by eliminating those weird shadows), you can adjust this to exactly where you want it.
4. Clip-On Light for Phone or Laptop – If you’d rather skip the whole phone-holder thing but want that flattering ring light effect, this is for you. Clip it on to the top of your phone or laptop, and you’re good to go. There are multiple brightness settings, and it’s rechargeable for no batteries needed.
5. Small Space Heater – My husband and I run at two very different temperatures. This little space heater helps me to keep my home office (room) at the warmer temperature I like without a huge bill (or multiple arguments over the thermostat).
6. You’ve Got This! Desk Calendar (also available in a “Get Shit Done” version) – I LIVE for calendars and organizers. The apps on my phone just don’t feel the same as a tangible paper and pen version. These calendars are 8.5×11 (regular paper size) and are undated so none of the pages will go to waste. The company that makes them is a 2-person husband and wife team, and the calendars are made in the USA and contain 10% post-consumer recycled content.
7. Ear Buds – I had NO idea how much I needed these until I got them. First of all, these are the ONLY buds that have ever fit my ears (multiple sizes of the silicone ear caps) without falling out. They pair SUPER easily and have really great sound. They’re waterproof (from sweat, not for swimming) so they’re perfect for when I’m sweating it out on the bike. And I love the color options.
8. Portable Lap Desk – I love being able to work on my laptop in bed, on the couch, on the floor, etc., with this desk. It’s made with a memory foam cushion and wrist rest, so it’s really comfortable and not too hot. It has a light that can be attached or stored in a small front pocket, is big enough for a larger laptop and has a phone holder that can be used on either side (it slides in and out). I love this thing.
9. Printer (& copier, scanner) – I need a printer that is EASY. This one includes copying and scanning capabilities, but one of my favorite things is the Instant Ink program you can include. They keep track of your ink for you and send new cartridges before you run out of ink. I pay $3 a month for 50 pages (with rollover) and it’s more than enough. Right now they’re offering 4 months of ink free through 5/2/20. My mom and I both love this program.
10. Rolling Cart – I don’t yet have a rolling cart like this, but Shana does, and I need to get one for ALLLLL of the stuff. Greenlea’s school work, extra paper, books, pens, pencils, etc., This will hold everything and easily go from room to room. There’s a million and one uses for this cart–and reviewers love it!
What are some work from home essentials you guys swear by? I’m all ears about how to make this easier!