Sponsored by Athleta and ShopStyle Collective.
Some of my most-worn outfits are workout-to-streetwear looks.
I feel like I’m always needing that combo in my life, since I’m way more likely to A. make it to a workout if I’m already dressed for it and B. love getting done all my running around during the day at once.
Athleta nails this type of dressing, and makes some of my favorite pieces for sporty outfits, hands down.
And let’s not skip over the fact that Athleta’s color options are freaking beautiful these days. The soft greens and warm taupes are just gorg, especially paired with ivory. And not only does Athleta have some lovely pieces for women and moms to get dressed easily and comfortably, but it also has great finds for girls to do the same. I recently got my daughter, Sienna (9), some flare pants and leggings, and she’s living in them.
*Take 20% off your entire purchase at Athleta, now through 1/23! Discount at checkout, no code required.*
From Workouts To Errands, Athleta Activewear Goes The Extra Mile
Another area where Athleta’s really nailing it right now is styling. I’ve seen it jump up immensely in the past few years, and I get so much inspiration from the outfits on the site. I may need to invest in a little wooden stool like, so I can look as freaking cool as the model below in that first outfit. I’ll just be over here in my athleisure wear striking the “thinking man” pose…don’t mind me. Haha. How rad is that outfit, though??
And the green outfit below? Yep, also need. And that puffer vest with the drawstring…and I’ll just take everything in the Rustic Beige shade, please. The Rainier bootcut pants are a current favorite of mine and Shana’s. They’re more pants than leggings, lined in warm fleece but not too bulky-feeling, and just a joy to wear every day, on winter walks, etc.
Shop My Athleta Faves
1. Wool Cashmere Beanie: Not all beanies are created equally. This has enough height for a great fold-over cuff and gorgeous ribbing that helps it hold its shape.
2. Alder Sweater: Gahh, the collar on this! And I love the length too. Fab. Also comes in black and that gorgeous green. XXS to XL.
3. Venice Colorblock Wide-Leg Pant: These pants were the first inspo for this collage. I’m in love with this whole look. Wide waistband, back zip pockets and wicking fabric. So good. In XXS to 3X, as well as black and navy.
4. Recovery Cozy Snapfront Sweatshirt: So, so cozy. Also in black (ivory is going fast, but it’s still left in plus sizes). An actually adorable fleece top…love all the details. XXS to 3X.
5. Cascade Down Vest: Love the length and details on this one too. The drawstring helps give it some cute shaping. Comes in black and a few tall + petite sizes. Going fast!
6. Retroplush Bomber Jacket: I need this jacket. The quilting and fit and details (those side zips!) make it look like something I’d live in. I adore the green. I think I’ll try a petite size in this OR size up for an oversized fit. Hmm. ADORE.
Shop My Athleta Faves
7. Venice Wide-Leg Pant: The Venice pants have been a longtime Athleta favorite. These are the same fit as the side-stripe pair above, but in a solid color. Sweat-wicking, a wide waistband and Sculptek light fabric on these, in sizes XXS to 3X and tall + petite. Thank you, Athleta, for giving us so many fit options!
8. Excursion Waistbag: I need to just buy this thing already. I’ve been eyeing it up in this lovely Abalone Grey for months. Forget the other popular belt bag I’ve been seeing online, this one is a bit bigger and holds way more. I love the sporty details too. Comes in black, peach and shimmery white.
9. Salutation Stash Tight: This is one of Athleta’s most popular workout leggings. The fabric is soft but super-supportive, and gosh — click through to check out the colors…Spiced Cabernet! And this Rustic Beige I’m in love with is so pretty. Sizes XXS to 3X, tall + petite…and these leggings have a pocket, of course!
10. Rainier Bootcut Pant: These are the pants that I mentioned Shana and I both adore. They’re so soft and warm but flattering and keep their shape throughout the day. They come in a couple of fun blue colors too, in sizes XXS to 3X and tall + petite. Shana wears petite, and I wear regular (I’m 5’4″, just fyi). If you’re taller than me, I might suggest going with the tall sizing. These are so good for winter.
11. Retroplush Hoodie Sweatshirt: OK, this is another piece I’ve been eying up forever and need to purchase. This Retroplush fabric is just so freaking soft. This comes in that pretty Rustic Beige, and there are a few sizes left in a pale pink and white. Sizing offered is XXS to 3X and tall + petite on this one too.
Shop Athleta Girl
Their girls clothing is unmatched in quality IMO. We have quite a few pieces that Sienna loves! It’s a great time to snag some stuff for spring sports or just for play, too, during the current sale!
12. Athleta Girl Changemaker Rib Top: Check out the cute sleeve and hem detail on this comfy kids’ top.
13. Athleta Girl High-Rise Chit Chat Flare Pant: Buttery-soft Powervita fabric on these and a drawcord for fit adjustment. Sizes Youth XS to XXL
14. Athleta Girl Up For Anything Sweatshirt: Thumbholes and cozy brushed fabric on this sweatshirt. Yup.
15. Athleta Girl High-Rise Stash Your Treasures Tight: These are the leggings Sienna has. Made from the same great fabric as the women’s leggings and offer a supported fit, PLUS side pockets. Runs slightly small in our finding. Sizes XS/6 to XXL/16.
Thank you so much to Athleta + ShopStyle for sponsoring this article. It’s no stretch to find things we need in our closets for everyday fabulousness from your site! Thanks for the styling inspiration as well! And thank you, Athleta, for continuing to offer such extensive size options, so we can get the fit we need for our differing bodies. We so appreciate it! Thank you, readers, for your continuing support of all we do at The Mom Edit. We really value your readership! As always, all thoughts and selections are my own.
Want to keep up with everything else I’m into? Pop over to my Instagram @laurajansenstyle where I love talking about food, sharing OOTDs, posting travel pics and chatting everyday mom-life-stuff from Portland, Oregon. Oh, and lots of sarcastic memes and cute pet videos because what is social media without plenty of those. xoxo
For the Pinners…