Oookay. We’re partnering with Express this month (Scotti has a post coming out soon), and while I was peeking at Express’ inventory (always the first part of our process — to see what’s new, decide which contributor would be a good fit, etc.,) I was kinda…blown away. Express has been one of our long-time favorites for dressy, affordable pieces (Scotti has sworn by their sequin leggings, joggers and insanely fun cocktail dresses for years), but I hadn’t personally considered Express for my own, um, quarantine basics.
But I take it all back!! Express has some **v. exciting** quarantine basics, especially if your quarantine happens to coincide with a holiday.
Call It A Capsule: 10 Easy Outfit Basics From Express
So. Here’s a list of 10 things I’m most excited about at Express (and I suspect they’ll be very different from what my glamorous sister chooses, haha). The pieces that caught my eye are basically all easy, quarantine-ready pieces…with a holiday twist.
ps. If they’re not on sale already…I suspect they will be soon, so bookmark ’em (Scotti complains every year that good stuff goes quickly at Express).
1. Faux Shearling Moto Jacket – Shearling moto jackets are a classic, so they’re a solid choice for a statement coat. Perfect for outdoor gatherings (and surprisingly warm, too).
2. Soft Knit Boyfriend Blazer – I’m a longtime fan of the sweatshirt-jacket. Classy and put together, but pajama-feeling at the same time. I especially like it with the gray jeans.
3. Cozy Cropped Sherpa Puffer Jacket – OK, this one looks (and it probably feels) like you’re wrapped in a cloud. I love that it’s hooded AND cropped, too. This one checks allll the boxes (and another solid option with those perfectly faded washed-black jeans).
4. Super High Waisted Ripped Raw Hem Cropped Wide Leg Jeans – Gwen swears by Express jeans and I? Swear by this wash. I also love the super high-rise and the cropped, wide leg. Would be freaking perfect with my new favorite boots.
5. Turtleneck Maxi Sweater Dress – Another piece Gwen swears by is this sweater dress. She’s not alone — this one has such good reviews. Personally, I appreciate the Reformation-esque slit. It’s also available in a gorgeous forest green (so dark it’s almost emerald), heather gray or a coral that looks like a really pretty alternative to wintry colors.
6. Ribbed Balloon Sleeve Sweater Dress – Woaaah this one is cool. The bold sleeves add a really interesting touch to what would be a pretty plain sweater dress. I love how Express styles it casually with sneakers, or with some high boots for some serious outfit inspo. Can’t decide between the black or the olive. (Also in gray, FYI.)
7. Metallic Ruffle Sleeve Crew Neck Sweatshirt – Slightly ridiculous, but SO FUN. I didn’t realize quite how much I wanted a fancy, dressy sweatsuit for the holidays.
8. Super High Waisted Metallic Jogger Pant – The matching twinkly joggers!! (Made me happy just typing that.)
9. Super High Waisted Ribbed Soft Knit Leggings – They’re like a mix of sweater pants and leggings. And I AM IN SO HARD FOR THIS. I’m also wildly excited about that brownish color.
10. Easy Ribbed Cuff Cardigan – I’d wear this over a silky, strappy little tank and the ribbed knit legging/joggers above. The cuffs do it for me.
Black Friday yet?
For the pinners…