We recently received a comment on S’ Levi’s Vote Collection post from one of our readers, Melanie, suggesting that we include products that financially support voter engagement and education (AND she gave us some specific organizations to check out. Thank you, Melanie!) So with that, we rounded up our top 10 favorite vote tees — specifically ones that help make a difference in voter education and voter turnout.
VOTE: 10 Cute Graphic Tees That Support Voter Turnout
As Melanie put it perfectly, “It’s bigger than just a tee.” We couldn’t agree more…especially in the midst of recent events. This is more important than ever.
1. Phenomenal Woman Vote Tee — A simple vote tee (some may call boring, but I call chic) that supports Monumental Women — a non-profit that honors women in history (AND they just unveiled their first statue of women’s rights pioneers in Central Park.) There are only a few sizes left in this tee, but Phenomenal Woman has some of the best social justice & voting tees/hoodies I’ve seen. Anything you buy from this site supports Phenomenal Woman’s action campaign that was inspired by Maya Angelou’s poem, “Phenomenal Woman.” They bring awareness to social causes and support multiple non-profits.
2. Clare V. X When We All Vote Tee — I love everything about this tee — the French words that say “I Vote, You Vote, She Votes, We Vote, They Vote” in the pretty red lettering, the loose fit, AND that 10% of proceeds are donated to When We All Vote. Clare V. strikes again.
4. Michael Stars Long-Sleeve Vote Tee — I know this one doesn’t scream “VOTE!!!” but the embroidery is the face of Gloria Steinem (a feminist icon & activist.) It’s part of #TheTeeInVote collection that supports three grassroots organizations to help get people to the polls. Michael Stars also has this cute short-sleeve vote tee that’s a little bolder.
5. Lingua Franca Vote Short Sleeve — Technically not a tee, but has the same idea (except it’s cashmere.) Lingua Franca has a whole section of cozy vote tops & sweaters. 10% of the proceeds from this collection are donated to Higher Heights Leadership Fund, a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to strengthening Black women’s leadership capacity and civic participation.
6. Etsy Vote Like Your Ancestors Died For It Tee — There are a few great things to note about this tee. It supports a small Etsy business, is sustainable (eco-friendly facility and biodegradable water-based ink is used), sizes go up to a unisex 4x AND this Etsy shop donates a portion of all of their profits to a different charity on a monthly basis. Claps all around.
7. Jungmaven’s Vote Baja Tee — This tee comes in unisex sizing and lots of colors (some are sold out, but there are still multiple colors in stock!) They’re donating 50% of the total sales to the ACLU to support their efforts of ending voter suppression. $50,000 of sales will help grassroots organizations that are led by women of color who are working to increase voter registration and make all voices heard.
8. Madewell Unisex Vote Tee — 100% of the proceeds of this tee are donated to the American Civil Liberties Union to help its mission of maintaining and advancing civil liberties (including the protection of the right to vote.) Madewell is donating a minimum of $750,000 to ACLU.
10. The Great I Am A Voter Crew — The type of tee I’d wear any time of the year. It’s just a cool tee. But even better…$50 is donated to I am a voter for every tee sold. (I am a voter is a non-partisan campaign that promotes civic engagement by encouraging voter participation, and lives by the truth that “our democracy works best when we all participate.”) Amen.
Let us know if there are any other organizations/brands that donate proceeds to support the election. And go vote!
PS…this one’s for the pinners…