“GWEN?” I called out to our nanny, and my best source for all things pop culture, “Who is THIS??”
“Oh, that’s Gigi,” says Gwen. “Gigi Hadid. She’s super cute. She’s a….”
[insert some nodding and hmmming by S while I promptly forgot everything Gwen said]
Let me just boil this down to what’s really important: Gigi Hadid can rock the shit outta some monochromatic whites. Of note:
Distressed white denim – not overly precious or preppy
Textured sweater – monochromatic dressing is always best when a mix of textures are involved
Army Green Sneaks – Army Green + White is one of my fav color combos EVER. Fresh and modern.
SOCKS. She is wearing little white socks with her sneaks, which puts her in the running for the highly coveted Most Comfortable Nonchalant It-Girl Walk In An All-White Outfit award. High five, Gigi.
Let’s re-create this genius outfit formula. (The below title has to be said OUT LOUD. LIKE YOU MEAN IT.)
1. BP 60mm Retro Sunglasses – If you want to try the cat eye trend but aren’t sure where begin, try these. For just $12 these are wildly similar to Gigi’s and guaranteed to spare you any buyer’s remorse.
2. Lilly Pulitzer ‘Camden’ 60mm Cat Eye Sunglasses – These frames are more of a subtle cat eye that don’t scream: “I’M TRENDY!!” If you’re not ready to commit to the larger lenses, these work for everyday.
3. Oliver Peoples Abrie 58mm Polarized Cat Eye Sunglasses – SWOON. These are the perfect upgrade from regular black sunnies. Pricey, but polarized.
4. Henri Bendel Natasha Cat Eye Sunglasses – Channel Gigi’s look with a bit of a twist. These pink gradient lenses feel flirty and unexpected.
5. Floral Embroidered Sweater – Fancy sweatshirts are everything. Dress it up, dress it down, repeat.
6. Asymmetrical Pullover Sweater – This sweater is light enough for summer but could be layered-up for fall, too. The asymmetrical hem is just begging to be half-tucked into jeans.
7. Crossover Sweater – The crossover hem makes this one way cooler than your go-to ivory sweater. If you’re not about that little bit of skin peeking out, throw on some killer high-waisted jeans or layer a colored tank underneath.
8. Maternity Sweater – Nothing better than a little bit of print on those pregnant bellies. If you’re an expectant mama willing to shake up the solid white-on-white, this one’s for you.
9. Paige Verdugo Ultra Skinny Jeans – If you like to invest in your denim, Paige is one of my favorite brands. The rips are juuust right and the material has a nice stretch to it, so they’re super comfy. Worth the splurge if you’re in the market for some white skinnies.
10. ‘Le Color Rip’ Skinny Jeans – These mid-rise skinnies are another great option. The rips are a little more severe or… grungier if you will, but still a staple piece. The higher waistline gives you a little more freedom to wear a shorter top and keep your coverage.
11. Express Mid Rise Jean Legging – Ahh, jeggings. The almost-pants that let you look great without counting down the minutes until you put your sweats back on. For $88, these are good ones to try (or scoop them up during one of Express’s many sales).
12. Twiggy Maternity Skinny Jeans – The perfect white skinnies for our pregnant mamas! That belly panel was my saving grace with baby #2. Want rips? (I would.) Just DIY.
13. Kenneth Cole New York King Slip On Shoes – Can’t go wrong with a chic pair of slip-on sneaks. The dark green color will transition perfectly into fall.
14. Tretorn Net Sneaker – The open mesh style of this pair is a bit unexpected, but we like it that way. I can’t stop thinking about these shoes.
15. Adidas Originals Campus 2 – Military-green Adidas? Yes please. These are the shoes Gigi is wearing.
16. Kate Spade New York Lacer Up Sneakers – A little athletic and a lot pretty. Added bonus: these are on super sale right now.
And Gwen, thanks for your help with this one!
OMG.I.LOVE.YOU. Green ADIDAS?! Thank you Gigi, whoever you are! My all time fave sneakers in my all time fave color. Glad I didn’t splurge on some new chucks…I’ll take these in a heartbeat.
My new sneakers came today! Love love love them!
Love Gigi! Check out her super chic mom, Yolanda Foster, for more all-white looks. Girl definitely gets her chic, simple style from her mom. -Katelyn
I have those Tretorn tennies in navy. I really like them! Got them from JCrew. They have an interesting footbed, it’s supposed to massage your feet as you walk. They are pretty comfortable. I had to size up 1/2 size because otherwise there was some funky rubbing on the pinkie toe. Green is my favorite color but it hasn’t been “in” for a while; I’m glad to see it making a comeback!
As a mom of a 4 month old and 2 1/2 year old boys I would have no chance of keeping this outfit clean! My toddler thinks my pants are his personal napkin to wipe his hands on! So cute though!