Voloshin’s latest resort collection dropped recently and if you are a fan of blue…don’t look at it. Especially if your heart soars at a particular shade of bright turquoise blue, or if the Pantone Color Of The Year (Classic Blue) puts a skip in your step. In fact, maybe don’t keep reading this particular post because Voloshin’s latest washable silk creation (so very fancy and unfancy all at the same time) is verrrrry hard to resist.
I obviously couldn’t resist.
Vacation Vibes: This Silk Maxi Dress + A Beachy Capsule Wardrobe
So now that I have this dress, and it clearly is a dress made for Being Fabulous On A Beach Somewhere…I think it’s only right that we plan a Spring Break getaway immediately. In fact, I put together a little capsule wardrobe for my imaginary Spring Break trip.
1. & 2. Mara Hoffman Bikini Top and High Rise Bottom – **SUSTAINABLE** Mara Hoffman swim is pricey, but it’s also insanely well-made and will last forever. These bottoms are everything. (I always size up in the bottoms so they’re not overly tight on my softer stomach.)
3. FRAME Linen Tee – Linen tees always seem to last so much longer than cotton ones, and are more comfortable in hot weather. This bright pop of yellow is calling my name (especially with my usual tan sandals and straw bag). I always machine wash and hang dry. And while FRAME doesn’t necessarily get our sustainable nod, linen, in general, uses less water to produce than cotton.
4. AGOLDE Parker Denim Shorts – **SUSTAINABLE** I found these shorts at the end of the summer last year, and they quickly became my favorites. I wear a size 26.
5. Voloshin Maxi Dress – **SUSTAINABLE** 100% washable silk gorgeousness. Love this thing.
6. Straw Bag – My beloved Clare V. pot de miel bag is, admittedly, tough to travel with. This one, however, is crushable so can pack down flat.
7. Cute Sunnies – My usual tortoiseshell.
8. Salt Water Sandals – I’ve been bringing these sandals on every hot-weather trip for years. Still my favs. (Truly can get completely wet and still be fine.) There’s no cushion, but the sole is so flexible that they’re still very comfy.
9. A Bright Nail Polish – Oooo…this is perfect.
10. Supergoop Glow Sunscreen Stick – I do realize that this product is somewhat ridiculous (it’s basically just sunscreen-highlighter,) but I feel so glowy and glamorous when I use it….let’s just say it goes with the dress.
11. Supergoop Sunscreen Mousse – A longtime family fav. I’ve yet to find one we like better.
But seriously…where should we go? We have a WHOLE WEEK off this year which feels…decadent. I’d love to go back to Cuba, I’ve never been to Mexico — ever — which is crazy, since it’s right there, or we could stay stateside (Florida Keys??) but I’m worried it won’t be hot enough. I’d love somewhere really and truly warm and delicious. Cartagena? Bahamas? Anyone have a killer recommendation?