This post is sponsored by Trunk Club and Shopstyle.
A few weeks ago, I triumphantly declared to my husband that I’m never stepping foot into a grocery store again. After way too many trips requiring more time and money than I ever manage to budget for, I’d finally had enough. Don’t even get me started about how crazy the kids are. My little angels running laps in the store isn’t worth eating yet another chicken nugget dinner. Nope. Not even a little bit.
Now, if only I didn’t have to leave the house to shop for clothes. OK, I already shop a TON online, but what if I didn’t even have to browse a billion links and retailers and it all just shows up at my door? Well, friends, it’s really a thing, and it’s called Trunk Club. Trunk Club is a Nordstrom Company where you work with a personal stylist (oh, you fancy, huh) who pulls looks for you based on style needs. For my Trunk, I told my stylist, Katy, I wanted a casual outfit and one I could wear to work. The process was simple:
- Create an account on Trunk Club and answer about five minutes worth of questions about your style, size, and what you need in your Trunk (casual, special occasion, etc.)
- Message your stylist in the Trunk Club app so she/he knows you’re ready to get started!
- Your stylist will use the messaging feature to ask you more detailed questions about colors you like/dislike and how you like your clothes to fit.
- A day or so after collecting the info, your stylist provides a preview of your Trunk with styling suggestions. You can change the colors of items, decline an item, and add a few more items like bras, jewelry, etc. You’re only charged a $25 styling fee at shipping – which is credited toward anything you keep (and waived if you’re a Nordstrom cardmember!).
- When your Trunk arrives, you’ll have five days to try it on and return any items you don’t want.
Easy-peasy, right? Here’s what my stylist, Katy, put together for my first Trunk!
Graphic Tee & Distressed Jeans
I asked Katy for a good pair of jeans and she definitely delivered! I had my reservations about Wrangler jeans, but I crossed my fingers, sang “Old Town Road,” and gave them a chance. I’m definitely keeping them! Can’t go wrong with a soft graphic tee; the snake print sleeve moto jacket and leopard sneakers give it a fun edge. If you’re wondering about the earrings, necklace, and bracelet, you guessed it: They were all in my Trunk, too!
Satin Midi & Plaid Blazer
This was my fave head-to-toe look. The plaid structured blazer and flowy satin skirt are such a stylish combo. The skirt is the perfect pumpkin hue for fall and balances the look with a romantic touch. I love how the Trunk was its own little capsule. The graphic tee looks awesome with the jeans and skirt, and I know the blazer would dress up the jeans. Think of all the outfit possibilities for your week!
Skinny Jeans & Oversized Sweater
I don’t generally like anything oversized, but the sweater was incredibly cozy. Throwing a knot in the side helped break up the volume (noting that #stylehack for later in the season). The blouse was too small, but I loved the print so I might look into an exchange which seems super easy. I really liked the jeans…I can’t believe Katy found me two great pairs for my first Trunk!
So, what do you think? Would you give Trunk Club a try? My photographer has done Trunk Club for a while and says the stylists get even better over time as they start to see what the clients like. I may be in trouble if I keep this up! I think it’s perfect timing for getting a jump on the fall (and, gasp, winter) wardrobe. Tag me on Instagram if you decide to try it. While you’re there, check out my unboxing on The Mom Edit Instagram stories to see the outfits in action.
Big thanks to Trunk Club and ShopStyle for sponsoring this post. Who knew great style could be so effortless? I’m up for any way to simplify my life; looking good doing it is just blowing my mind. As always, the opinions here are my own, even if the choices were Katy’s; you know, my personal stylist. Ha, seriously, thanks to all the TME readers for your support, it means the most to us!