Happy Friday! Wishing all you mamas and caretakers a lovely Mother’s Day weekend. After this past week, we deserve a little treat and Linzi’s gorgeous Mother cardigan (40% off & so worth scooping up on sale) is my kind of self-care. The graphic is such a mood-booster and she’s been wearing it on repeat all spring.
Summer Dresses, Designer Bags, Easy Layers & More Editor Picks On Sale This Mother’s Day Weekend
Speaking of mood-boosters… this colorful striped Olivia Rubin dress is delivering all the good vibes, Laura found our fav Clare V. Gigi bag on sale at Free People in a fun pop of red, and if you want to up your PJ game? Printfresh has the prettiest patterns.
One more for the designer fans – Scotti found Valentino sunglasses at Saks OFF (marked down over 50%!!). If you or someone you love treasures accessories, these would make a luxe gift.
More editor picks on sale, below!
Quick Contributor Jump Links
Laura’s Top Sale Picks
Hey, hey Friday! Despite the fact that I think it’s been the rainiest spring in my 11 years in Portland and it’s still raining this morning, we’re all excited because Sienna is performing in her school talent show today for the first time. My little 3rd grader is singing Good 4 U by Olivia Rodrigo (Kids’ Bop version, heh.) Are we excited because she is so brave, getting up in front of her whole school 2x today (even middle schoolers) and she nails the song — OR because we will no longer have to hear it 500x a day? We’ll never tell. Haha. She’s making this mama who was always too afraid to sing in front of people VERY proud.
What’s not making me proud is how body autonomy is being taken away from us as women right now. It is about oppression. If they decide for us, we cannot take our seat at the table. That is all. And now I’m going to take a break for a minute before my head literally orbits off of my body:
- Add A Pop Of Color: Sorel sandals for under $38? YES, please. They’d be so cute with the striped dress I found in my summery round-up yesterday.
- Weird Or Cute? I can’t decide if I love this tee or if it’s too odd to actually wear? Leaning towards love but…
- OMG Printfresh Wallpapers at Anthropologie! We heard a rumor about this when I was recently in the store in NYC and now they’re live! My 2 favs are the clementines and the antelope.😍
- My Friend’s Line At Anthro: And speaking of Anthro, my pal Janelle has had a beautiful line of pillows and blankets there for years…some of her current pieces are now on sale! (AND Anthro is having 20% off most of the site this weekend!)
Happy Happy Mother’s Day weekend to all the mamas out there…step-mamas, pet mamas, traditional mamas, plant mamas, foster mamas, or any mothering-type folx. I see you and love you all and wish you hugs and coffee-in-bed time this weekend. xoxo
Scotti’s Top Sale Picks
May is Mental Health Awareness Month and as someone who’s suffered from anxiety since I was young, I’m doing my little part here to #breakthestigma. When I was little, I used to have crippling anxiety attacks where my entire body would shake uncontrollably – my mom used to hold me and speak soothing thoughts into my ear until they subsided. Although panic attacks have decreased as I’ve gotten older, the anxiety is still very much there and presents itself in different ways: sometimes as a heavy weight on my chest, sometimes as shortness of breath, sometimes as insomnia keeping me awake at all hours of the night. I’ve been on Prozac for a number of years now and have a prescription to Xanax when I absolutely need it. Self-care is essential: exercise helps, meditation and deep breathing does too (I use the Headspace app), and I don’t hesitate to take a nap if I need rest (my weighted blanket and Nod Pod sleep mask were great investments).
So if you’re one of the millions of people suffering from a mental health illness, I see you. One day at a time.
- Greenlea’s Current Obsession: My daughter can’t stop talking about these markers, and with a 4.8 rating of more than 3,000 reviews, I might just have to try them for myself. (I mean…yellow can go over black and the colors don’t bleed through paper??)
- Mom’s Mother’s Day Gift: I bought this “sun dress” for Mom and she said it’s perfect. It’s like a long rash guard – butt is covered – and the length can be adjusted. She loves the sun protection and the fact that it can get wet – perfect for boating or wading around in the lake. (Ooh polka dots!)
- Am I a Western Boot Kind of Girl? – I mean, I didn’t think so but these Free People boots are giving me second thoughts. 😍
Linzi’s Top Sale Picks
Mother’s Day weekend is here and is it bad that I’m secretly happy the weekend is going be gloomy? My boys will be stuck inside with me, and I’m feeling the need to slow things down and have a lot of squeeze-y cuddle time. This week has been a good one for some really important conversations in our household, and I’m looking forward to a stay-inside weekend where the boys are forced to talk to me…and it’s Mother’s day, so they have to do what I say, obvi.
The retailers (especially Bloomies and Anthro) are also treating me well for mama day weekend!
- My Friends Are Already Sick Of Seeing This Shirt On Me: Discount applied in cart.
- Top Anthro Pick: This maxi skirt is VERY similar to a forever-closet pick of mine.
- The popular comfort shoe that’s under $100 at Zappos, but more expensive everywhere else.
- Swim, Swim, and More Swim: I have and love this one-piece in navy, this bikini top has a similar vibe to the one I wore and loved last year, and this cute navy cover-up is calling my name.
Amy’s Top Sale Picks
I’m headed home from photographing my first wedding of the season! It took place at a twinkle-lit barn in Nashville, complete with a horse named Dolly and a warm heavy rain that fell as dinner took place – needless to say, it was magical. The best thing I packed was this romper, while not on sale, it was perfect for the gorgeous spring weather.
As for sales?
- My Most Worn: This jacket has been my most worn going on 3 years now, and I just found the black color on sale *adds to cart*.
- The Perfect Layer: I throw this top on for gym warm-ups anytime it’s clean, it’s very lightweight and easy to tuck or tie up.
- A Lil’ Something Extra: I’m simply drooling over the sleeves, I mean just look at them – they’re a statement, but also delicate & girly & so lovely.
The rest of my favorite finds are below! Xx
Kat’s Top Sale Picks
How is it already May?! It seems wild that the year is flying by so quickly. This week I’ve got more projects underway and we are finally on the third phase of landscaping. I can’t wait until everything is complete within the next few weeks because the gorgeous weather is on its way and I am planning on spending the majority of it outside! Sending you all positive vibes for a great weekend ahead and for all you mamas out there, Happy Mother’s Day!
- My Latest Obsession: You all know how much I LOVE athleisure and workout wear, and Bandier is my newest obsession! Their website is so pretty and full of seriously stellar pieces. And these wide leg ribbed pants have become my favorite WFH pants. I own them in black, and now I am considering getting them in the color spice that’s currently on sale!
- I’m Not Typically A Pattern Girl… but this gorgeous cut out dress is calling my name!
- New Outdoor Furniture That’s Totally Worth It: Article’s website is certainly not the prettiest, but their furniture IRL is gorgeous, and the icing on the cake is that these outdoor dining chairs are big booty friendly!
Jess’ Top Sale Picks
Hey guys, hope everyone had a good enough week, considering what is going on in our country at the moment. But it just reminded me why I love The Mom Edit so much — all of the passionate, big-hearted people in this community.
On a lighter note, one thing I love the most about springtime in Grand Rapids is the beginning of festival season and all the local farmer markets, artisan fairs, vintage / antique flea markets that start popping up on the weekends. Last week my MIL and I had so much fun at the West Michigan Potter’s Guild festival and this weekend I’m deciding between a local Nature Farmer’s Market or a Women’s Craft Show, or maybe both.
- 40% off My Go-To Zac Posen Handbag: If you haven’t seen me with this Zac Posen Crossbody on The Mom Edit yet, be prepared. It’s my current obsession and I’ll be wearing it everywhere.
- Vince Summer Dresses on the Brain: And there are SO many good Vince Dresses on sale right now at Nordstrom Rack including this rainbow midi slipdress that’s calling my name.
- Outdoor Adventurers, Meet Your New Hip Pack: Can’t stop talking about my new Cotopaxi hipbag. It’s perfectly designed for hikers, joggers, dog walkers, ect, made from 100% repurposed nylon and each bag is one-of-a-kind.
To stay completely up-to-date with our latest posts, Youtube videos & special content, check out our newsletter. We let you decide the frequency (we never spam) plus, you’ll receive some fun guides upon signing up: like Our Editors’ Favorite Swim Brands of All Time. As always, thank you for your continued love & support!