Happy Friday! This week flew by, and winter is nearly over (it’s supposed to break 70° here today!)
Looking forward to spring and summer travel, I’m thinking about Shana’s ode to shapeless dresses published last summer. Although it looks like a dress, this pretty piece from Everlane is actually a romper! Lightweight, comfortable, and with fully adjustable straps, this is coming to the beach with me. Sizes in black are going quick, more sizes in a gorgeous blue and a neutral gray (down to $22!).
Summer Dresses, Interesting Tops & Solid Denim: Editor Sale Picks From Nordstrom, Gap, Madewell & More
Speaking of dresses, Linzi found alll the pretty dresses at Madewell (20% off for Insiders), including a gauze shirtdress that would be a great beach cover-up. Also, this smocked maxi dress (20% off at Abercrombie) comes in dreamy spring colors and patterns, and Amy found this slip dress made for vacation.
To get through the next few weeks before it’s truly warm enough to break out the denim shorts, I’m loving this drapey sweater in a sunny hue and some team fav Levi’s (perfectly cropped for spring). Oh, and these A&F joggers have a similar vibe to their viral cross-waist leggings…
More great deals this weekend, below. Happy shopping!
Quick Contributor Jump Links
Laura | Linzi | Scotti | Meredith | Amy | Julieta | Em
Laura’s Top Sale Picks
Hey, hey, Friday! We’re off to see family in Seattle this weekend. I’m always so thankful to live just three hours away from such an amazing city. It’s a treat to go up there, and my SIL’s house has huge front windows and is surrounded by gorgeous giant evergreens. I will just be parking myself in her living room, chatting and staring at them. It’s so lovely.
Trench coats were the name of the game over here this week. I have a try-on post coming soon, but surprisingly this one from MANGO (I didn’t try because I thought it’d sell out too fast) is still in stock AND only $119! It has all the classic details, too, and is by far the least expensive I’ve run across in that style.
I’m obsessed with layering hoodies under my trench coats and these fab Nike Essential Hoodies are on sale right now! I love that rust color, but they have a gorgeous variety of shades…ooh…the pale pink. Nike sweats are my FAVS. Happy Weekend, friends! xo
Linzi’s Top Sale Picks
In shopping news this week, I have two exciting updates. First…Athleta now has my most-worn summer linen pants in a gorgeous textured navy. So pretty. Second, Everlane FINALLY restocked my favorite comfortable flats in black. But sizes are selling out FAST! Other folks have been stalking their site too apparently, because some are already on backorder again. Boo. But definitely worth checking for your size. I own them in cream, brown and green (ALL the colors are good!), and they make any outfit (jeans, joggers, pants) magically look more polished. And while you’re there, their sale section of sweaters is on fire (my personal fav).
And now for the sales…
- Looking for a cute spring dress? Check out Madewell’s 20% off for Insiders sale. This pretty airy one would be great out and about OR as a coverup.
- For the “Designer-Lite” Fans: Lots of ATM on SUPER sale! This neutral cami looks like a really nice closet staple.
- Budget-Friendly Find: I’ve been wearing this Michael Stars top on repeat this week, but this one from Treasure & Bond has a VERY similar vibe for a fraction of the $$.
- Most Popular: My fun print top from my Budget-Friendly Classics Post. It’s also on sale in solid colors (featured below).
Scotti’s Top Sale Picks
We made it to Carolina Beach! We’ll be here until mid-June, and I can’t tell you how great this sunshine and warm weather is for our mental health (especially now). Greenlea had her first day at her new school this week, and she’s meeting friends and quickly getting into the swing of things. Zack and I are taking walks outside and even eating at restaurants outside…which, for us, is insane at this time of year.
On the way down I was able to shop at a few stores and got a few things I thought I’d share with you guys!
- You had me at oversized hoodie: Grab this Vuori hoodie in grey before it sells out! A few sizes are left in the black at Nordstrom – I can’t explain how cozy this one is.
- The only Gucci I can afford: This lipstick is amazing and lovely — both on my lips and in the gorgeous gold tube. Matte red lips are back, and this one doesn’t dry them out or feather all over the place. (I got it in Constance Vermillion, but there’s a ton of reds to choose from for your perfect shade.)
- Beautiful, glowing skin? Yes, please!: Charlotte Tilbury’s Beautiful Skin Foundation (more shades here) hydrates, smooths, brightens, evens, plumps, and even protects skin against pollutants…oh, and it’s long-lasting with 16-hour wear. I’m LOVING the way my skin looks! (I’m just wishing it had SPF, but for that I’m using my favorite Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen as a primer and spraying my new favorite Coola Face Spray throughout the day as needed!)
And now, onto the sales!
Meredith’s Top Sale Picks
A few old friends we haven’t seen in a decade(!!) are stopping by on Saturday, and I cannot wait (I need adult interaction after a week of spring break). I’m going to offer a light morning spread of coffee, pastries and fruit using my chartreuse Anthropologie plates (30% off) to jazz things up. They are sturdy, gorgeous, and the color is so cheery for spring. Perfect for entertaining.
Can’t stop thinking about this Good American sweatshirt that’s currently 25% off. I’m very into the bright, bold colors this season, and this neon green does not disappoint.
Also, if you followed my skort saga from last week, I finally got a chance to try on and style my favorite skort from Athleta (my #2 if you prefer some length) of the bunch. (Sneak peek of what I’m playing around with in a reel here).
Have a fabulous weekend everyone! Xo
Amy’s Top Sale Picks
Well, Vuori freaking did it again. It’s dangerous being back in the same town where their flagship store is (we may or may not have shopped more than once) but while being here they released new seasonal items including this hoodie that is hands-down going to be The Hoodie Of Summer (TTS + a little roomy). It’s perfection. Not on sale, but worth every penny.
As for the sales, here’s what I’m finding exciting:
- Packable skincare: When you spend $50 at Biossance this weekend, they’re giving you three travel size products for free. I brought my full skincare routine on this trip in travel size and it took up barely any space. Amazing. I recommend their sunscreen if you’re traveling soon and my “magic in a jar.”
- Ready for low rise? These jeans are nearly considered mid-rise, they’re very modest for the name, but a great place to start if you’re curious about trying the latest styles!
- Just for fun: Because having a pair of socks like these to throw on with your comfy outfit & sneakers sometimes just feels right.
Julieta’s Top Sale Picks
Thank you for the way you received my last post about the ugly truth alluded to in Encanto. I’ve been texting back and forth with Xiomara, and not only her but our relatives in the camps are so grateful. There are weekly food shipments and we’ve secured a few weeks ahead. If you can help, please do it here. Ps. I say relatives because indigenous people see every person as a relative, and that’s been one of the best things I’ve learned since starting to reconnect to my indigenous roots.
I just received the new Levi’s low pro and I kind of love them. They’re supposed to be low-rise but in my opinion, they’re more of a mid-rise. They hit 1 inch below my belly button. Now to figure out styling. Hmm.
Em’s Top Sale Picks
Well heeeeey, gang! Long time no see. I took a little break there for a few weeks because, well, we welcomed our babe, Eleanor Jean, earlier this month! It’s been a whirlwind couple of weeks and a complete 180 from my postpartum experience the first time. (Actually, everything was a 180 from the first time – I shared a little more about it here.) And while I’m technically still on maternity leave, I had some serious FOMO watching the last few sales reports go out without me, so consider this a guest appearance until I get back into the swing of things. Maybe I’ll even get around to sharing more about Eleanor’s entrance into this world. How do we feel about birth stories in these parts?
Here’s what I’m most excited about this week:
- Lounge clothes. For obvious reasons. Abercrombie’s got the cutest summery pj’s included in their sitewide sale – and these fluid lounge pants and matching lounge bra are only $45 for both pieces at Gap.
- Additional 40% off sale at Anthro. Especially intrigued by this hooded cashmere cardigan, that genuinely feels different from any other cashmere piece I own. And this oversized jacket has major Free People vibes at a fraction of the price and is available in both trendy and classic hues. Decisions, decisions.
- Vintage vibes for under $100. The print on this versatile summer dress is so stinking good – it’s retro-hawaiian without any cheese factor and would be so pretty dressed up with strappy sandals, pulled on as a beach cover-up or worn around town with easy flip flops and one of those failsafe sun hats S recently posted about.
Delighted to be back, if only briefly, friends. Have a great weekend. Xo, Em