It’s Friday!! Whew. The temps are rising, the sun is peeking through, and we’re ready to break out of the house in cute summer clothes (think: affordable denim shorts, cute throw-on tops, and, as always, something cozy). And about those denim shorts — one of Shana’s fave pairs of “denim underwear” (the good kind) are $40 on Zappos right now (in “Mid Indigo 2” color). Soooo worth the snag as they pair perfectly with basically anything summer.
This is a fun one: Almost everything at Shutterfly is 50% off! We’re obsessed with Amy’s fun, custom doormat and there are so many pretty home finds to choose from. These fruity melamine plates calling my name for summer dinners with friends!
Dresses, Shorts, Jeans, Sandals, Heels & Cute Tops For Summer — Editor Top Sale Picks
Looking for a good beach cover-up? Jess’ dream one is right here and it’s GORG. Got a summer event (even a wedding) coming up? Kat’s sporting this blue beauty to one soon. Less dress, more comfy? Amy’s calling all lululemon lovers to peek at these leggings and Laura’s popping on this half-zip sweatshirt like nobody’s business. We’ve got the goods, guys.
More top picks for summer (and always) below!
QUICK CONTRIBUTOR JUMP LINKS
Scotti’s Sale Picks
I’ve been obsessed with light wash denim lately. I just got these flare jeans from MOTHER and these wide-leg jeans from PAIGE…I was planning on only keeping one, but they’re both so good! Perfect for summer.
- Speaking Of Jeans: The MOTHER Tomcat jeans we all love are 50% off over at MOTHER!
- This Bag, Tho 😍: This Valentino Bag is originally OVER $1,000 and is on sale for UNDER $250 (after code EXTRA20). I LOVE it (and so do reviewers!).
- Big Chests, Rejoice: The DD swimsuit I love also comes in a 2-piece! I just tried this on the other day and love it…same underwire support but in a bikini! (Also in navy – I liked these bottoms with it!)
Laura’s Sale Picks
Hey, hey, Friday! We had some signs of summer show up here in Portland, as well as the return of our little elementary school carnival (for the first time in years) this week, and it’s what all of our hearts have needed.
The power of community and coming together is huge, so let’s keep moving forward, with a force, to get things done. If you haven’t yet contacted your senators, please do so easily here.
Now for a minute of fun distraction to start the weekend, friends:
- I Just Want Easy Jeans Rn: Easy as in…throw on a tank top, some sandals and go. No fussing. These jeans are under $60 and just look cute + on-trend + easy and come in a variety of sizes and lengths.
- Still Not Over Half-Zip Sweatshirts: This one would be so lovely for popping on for cool mornings or evenings right now. SO freaking cute and still 50% off.
- The Outfit-Maker: If you’re not tired of hearing me talk about how amazing a comfy white blazer is for summer office looks + events, this one you’re loving is still 41% off somehow! Cotton blend yet still enough structure to elevate your look.
And more fun sale finds are below!
Amy’s Sale Picks
Helllooooo, Friday! It’s lilac season, and my entire little town smells so incredibly sweet and lovely right now. The flowers are everywhere here, but they only stay in bloom for a week or two, which is heartbreaking…and beautiful at the same time (so many metaphors could be inserted here). I may or may not have recently grabbed multiples of this hand soap, as the scent is SPOT-ON that of the lilac flower, so now I can smell it allll summer long (there are multi packs on Amazon, too)!
And now, for some sweet, sweet sales…
- Slip Into Something Comfy: Apparently it’s the time to snatch up slippers! My fave pairs are on sale in select colors. I’m grabbing this pink color (naturally) but here’s a relaxing gray shade, or my favorite mini boots in sky blue.
- Calling All lululemon Lovers: Scoop up the Best Legging Ever in a gorgeous “mulled wine” color – both the 25” and the 28” length are on sale!!
- My New Fave Color: Has anyone tried Gap’s Seamless Ribbed collection?! I’m dying over the “jade green” shade! There are leggings, longer bike shorts, and a cropped brami to choose from.
Find the rest of my top picks below 🙂 –
Kat’s Sale Picks
I am not sure wtf is up with CO weather lately, but it definitely feels like I moved to Seattle. We have had so much rain and way too many gray days… And I am not here for it. I am looking forward to another low-key weekend and am planning on spending much of it reading and cooking from my new favorite cookbook. You have to make the one pot lemon & date chicken.. It is seriously what dreams are made of!
- These Heels Are Made For Walking: The most comfortable heels I own are Dolce Vita’s Paily Slide Sandal. I’m talking all day wear, walking miles in them, dancing all night in them, and still being able to walk the next day. They are a 3 ¼ inch high heel and are currently on sale in several colors!
- Instead of Yeezy’s… Get These: I have been obsessed with the Yeezy “pure” slides for a long time, and have never been able to find them in my size at a price I am willing to pay. These are super similar, are a better price point, and feel like you are walking on clouds.
- Wedding Guest Ready: I have a wedding to go to in two weeks, and am thinking I will be wearing this gorgeousness that can also be worn for other summer events too! And if you are a plus-size bride-to-be… you might want to take a peek at this dress! It’s stunning and under $700.
Julieta’s Sale Picks
It’s been one of those weeks the American Dream becomes the American nightmare. I’m an empath. I remember crying my eyes out when Sandy Hook happened, and I wasn’t even a mom. This time I’m a mom and part of the Latin@ community, it’s felt mortifying. I also have a trauma response to being an innocent child at the hands of older men abusing their power. Hence, things like this are harder to process.
For now, aside from all my mental health tools, perusing sales always takes my mind off things. Here are some faves:
- All I Want Are Maxi Dresses – I just got this one delivered and it was everything I wanted (not on sale), but now this asymmetrical tiered one (on sale) caught my eye and it looks so comfortable.
- Fave Denim Silhouette For Summer – These MOTHER Jeans look so similar to the first pair I ever got that is now way too small for me. They look amazing with sandals and a tee or a pretty summer top.
- Sexy Summer Top – I love to pair cut-offs with a sexy top and sneakers in the summer time. It’s perfect for a day date, vacations and more. This Free People top is exactly what I like. Then it’ll be perfect with jeans and boots.
Em’s Sale Picks
Hey hey, summer! We had camps planned for Lana this coming week, but she seriously injured her thumb over the weekend, so anything involving running, jumping, climbing and, oh yeah, water is out until it at least starts to heal properly. Thumbs down for this poor girl. Looks like there will be a lot of reading, crafting and backyard movie nights for at least these first couple weeks of break. Good things she’s quite the content bookworm these days. Here’s what’s got me excited in sales:
- Rice, Rice, Baby. I did all the research – and I mean all the research – and finally bit the bullet on a rice cooker. And this specific Zojirushi micom rice cooker, folks, is it. Most excited about the extended keep warm function that will allow us to dip into hot, fresh rice for days on end. And it strikes the perfect balance of smart and… not overly complicated. It’s not ridiculously expensive either. Just ordered it as an early birthday gift to myself.
- The Perfect Tandal? S has been raving about the versatility of a flat, tan sandal, and I love the classic, elevated styling of these.
- Channeling Scotti. This Rails cold shoulder sweatshirt is about as glam as I get. On super sale, and perfect for elevating jeans and sneaks.
Jess’ Sale Picks
Greetings from Osprey, Florida, where I am visiting my parents and currently watching a bunch of manatees frolic in the water! I am happy for the change of pace from Michigan and the quality time I get to spend with my mom and dad. So, life is good! As for the sales this week, here’s what I’m loving:
- 50% Off GAP Denim Shorts: With code SUNSHINE. All denim shorts are 50% off, all tops 40% off and dresses are 30% off!
- Fav Summer Dress 40% OFF Sale: My absolute favorite dress last summer is from AFRM and is 40% off at Nordstrom.
- My Dream Beach Cover-Up Dress: from L*Space. Not on sale but still too good to miss out on!