via happily grey
I see an outfit like this, on a gal that knows how to put together one hell of an outfit (definitely my spirit animal – or…how I would dress if I were without kids and had an unlimited budget. ha ha), and I think YES. Yesssss, but oh. so. much. no. I can’t wear this. One, pregnant. Two, I’m a mom running around after two kiddos that don’t stop for mini skirt adjustments and cleavage checks. (jerks)
Still. I click through images of gals rocking their suede minis, casually strolling…with not one child to run after…and I sigh. Just a bit. NOT that any one of us can’t rock out a mini skirt. Totally can. In fact, I implore any of you that can pull it off to DO EEET. I, personally, am just at a time in my life where it’s not exactly a realistic option (ya know, bump and stuff).
That said, I’m thinking about some other ways to incorporate the trend into outfits this Fall, so I clicked around and found some fun ideas…
Some Different Suede Options Out There:
1. Opt for a Shift Dress – this is definitely more do-able for me while pregnant and it really just seems more comfortable than a skirt (I always have to adjust skirts constantly, especially short ones. Anyone else with me?! Maybe it’s a #tallgirlproblem). A suede dress gives off this 70’s vibe. Ultra-cool, not too short…maybe a little short, if you’re tall, but with over the knee boots you’re golden. I can see a cozy long cardigan with it too…mmm hmmmm.
2. Strap on a Belt – the suede trend can be throw into an outfit in little ways, too. A touch here, a touch there can make an outfit go BOOM. This boho belt with tassels on Etsy makes me think of peasant dresses, chunky cardigans and tunics.
3. Grab a bag – I mean, easy…yeh? It adds something unique to an outfit very simply. If there’s fringe too…well, helloooo. A t-shirt, jeans and a bag like that? You need nada else.
4. Earrings – Nickel + Suede, peeps. Do you have a pair already? The coolest. Also, they’re comfortable to wear and they come in all different colors and styles. Check it, yo…because this is a big yes for busy moms that don’t like to fuss with jewelry (uh. me).
5. Throw on a Jacket – …because it can finish an outfit like nothing else. The moto jacket from F21 (above) is fan-tas-tic. It’s $69, for you ladies on a budget. If you have a little extra chedda to spend, I am crushing hard on this ASOS biker jacket.
6. Boot-up – oh, sheesh. I thought I was totally cool without over the knee boots, but UGH. They look so good. They pair well with dresses, skirts, leggings (mama likey) and even really skinny jeans. I saw this pin the other day and it pretty much sealed the deal for me (I think..aahhh). Honeeeeey, Christmas is basically almost here. 😉
How They’re Being Worn:
Cute, fresh…very Fall.
Also, SEE. The shorts with the over the knee boots!! How can one not succumb to the power of the OTK? How??
So. I may be giving this suede trend a try in the near future and it may involve a non-maternity shift…and I maaaaaay share it all. Maybe. Don’t get too excited. The dress does have to fit over the baby bump first for this to be a successful attempt. [[insert cracking-up emoji]]