Welcome to our #StayAtHome Hub. As we all try to adjust to this new normal, we’ve rounded up the resources (websites, articles) we’ve personally found useful. Whether you are looking for ideas on how to keep your kids engaged, what to make for dinner, how to dress for that conference call, or what we’re all binge watching….we’ve got a little something for you.
Below you can click on any of the links to take you directly to a certain topic on the page.
- Official Guidance: WHO Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Pandemic, or Center For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Track it: Google’s Coronavirus Dashboard is location-based; down-select from country to state to see the outbreaks or try Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Heat Map
- Real or No? WHO Myth Busters Page…or Snopes’ COVID coverage – both are great resources for double-checking coronavirus rumors.
Reliable News Outlets W/ Free Coronavirus Hubs
- The New York Times – The Coronavirus Outbreak
- Vox – Coronarvirus, Explained
- The Atlantic – What You Need To Know About The Coronavirus
- The Brian Lehrer Show – Expert interviews & call-ins w/ the WNYC journalist quickly becoming known as today’s Walter Kronkite
How to Help & Give Back
Learn & Play For Kids
This. We all could use some ideas right now on how to keep everyone smiling and content and allowing Mom to breathe for maybe 5 minutes. We’ve rounded up allll the ideas from toys, crafts, books, study nooks… the whole shebang.
Tips For Routines, Creativity & Fun
Extra Tips For Routines, Creativity & Fun
- TinkerLab – the creator of #creativetable! Her site has tons of ideas for all ages (up to adult). Here’s a review I did of her book (years ago).
- No Time For Flashcards – another great resource of a TON of different play ideas. I especially liked the recent Science Kits for Kids article.
- Happily Ever Elephants – one of my go-to sources for finding the best kids’ books
- Lunch Doodles With Mo Willems
- Home With Your Kids? Writers Want to Help
- Cosmic Kids Yoga
- GoNoodle Movement & Mindfulness Videos for Kids
From masks, to self-care, to anything feel good, real or relatable — we’re here for you, mamas.
Exercise, Relax, Renew & Recharge
This is SO important right now. Even if you only find the time once in awhile, refresh and recharge! You deserve it. Whether it’s exercise or a doing a beauty routine, don’t forget to take care of yourself, too.
Exercise & Relax (Indoors or Out)
I think reading has helped A LOT during this time. Just escaping and focusing on something else for a moment, even if it’s a few minutes before bed… or doing the work to dig dipper into what’s going on in our world — we’ve got a lot covered. (There’s some for the kiddos, too.)
Books We Recommend
TV, Movies & Binge-Worthy Shows
Movie night has a whole new meaning while we’re all pretty much stuck at home. That said.. have way too many suggestions..
TV, Movies & Binge-Worthy Shows Online
Tips for Eating & Cooking During Quarantine
Food. Another simple pleasure that’s taken on a whole new meaning. A good meal at the end of the day can make everything a little bit better. We’ve still tried to keep them all pretty easy since.. well.. sometimes we just wanna throw things together and let it cook on it’s own. And quite frankly, I’m tired.
How to Eat (& Cook) During Quarantine
A Few Other Go-to Recipe Sources:
- The Pig and Quill – this is Em’s cooking website. My boys especially love this tofu bowl.
- Kitchen Treaty – Trying to eat more vegetables? This is one of my go-to sources. I swear by this white bean chili and this pumpkin, chickpea and red lentil curry.
- Smitten Kitchen – she makes everything in her tiny NY kitchen, so. No excuses. Also? These brownies.
- How to Cook a Coronavirus – New York Times Food editors and writers share their ideas for getting by and finding joy through food during hard times.
- Easy Recipes to Cook While You’re Self-Quarantined
Comfort For You & Your Home
For all things cozy and making you and your space feel.. good.
Our style has definitely changed a bit with staying home.. think — house shoes, house dresses, loungewear and all the soft, cozy things.
Working From Home
Since a lot of us are navigating #WFH for the first time.. we’ve collected all the essentials, tips.. maybe some rants sprinkled in..
WFH Life. What to Wear For Video Calls (& Uhhh..Motivation)
Shop Small & Local
With the world we’re living in right now, shopping from small or local businesses is crucial. (And let’s be honest… they usually provide some of the best, most unique things you’ll have forever. And the FOOD. We can’t forget about the food. From a small mom and pop restaurant?? Always the best.)