We’re all about the easy outfit formulas here. We love supplying ideas for getting dressed that aren’t fussy but take your look up a notch. Well, welcome snake print to your rotation because it does just that every time.
There aren’t really many rules for wearing snake print, but as usual, just like with leopard, I’m a little (OK a lot) picky about the design of the snake print itself. I’ve rounded up some fun accent pieces for ya that fit the bill for a well-designed outfit upgrade item. Here’s where I will not make any clever snake quips because…yeah.
Snake Print Accents For Spring & Summer
1. Snakeskin Embossed Leather Clutch by Nordstrom – Classic shape and killer print. Love the subtle rosy lavender worked in. So cute and adds that pop of pattern to up any outfit.
2. Metallic Layered Earrings on Etsy – Adorable, lightweight and snake print. Easy.
3. MIA Lunna-S – These….Are adorable. They made me order them by being so cute. I love the idea of the flatform when: A) it’s not overdone (ie. too high) and B) well, when it’s in snake print.
4. Yosi Samra Flats – I’m not always a flats gal, but these are cute and get great reviews. And, I will face it, flats are great for summer.
5. Steve Madden Bjacki Backpack – You know we’re backpack purse fans here. This one is totally presh.
6. Steve Madden Alexandra Slide – Cute, on-trend summer sandal in our fav print. Wear this style with really anything, even tricky-to-style mom jeans. Throw on a white tee and done.
7. Nine West Pruce – Supes adorable and not too high. 2 1/2″ heel and so cute. Again, wear with your fav light wash jeans and a white tee …lipstick, and date night is done.
8. Madewell Frances Loafers – Adorable, office-appropriate, on-trend. I like pairing a really preppy shoe like this with more rocker-vibe pieces like a band tee or ripped jeans.
9. Clare V Circle Clutch – SO good. The shape, the pattern and the pop of yellow are all giving me life. I love love this.
10. Banana Republic Snake Print Camisole – Cute and easy to throw on for a killer summer outfit. Of course I’d typically go with black jeans, but if it’s hot where you are, light denim and black slides would be adorable, too.
11. Marc Fisher Yale Chelsea Boot – My favs. The ones I have on above and in the pic below. They’re comfy and cool and go with so much. They work with both light pants and dark, which is sometimes tricky. TTS.
12. Dolce Vita Roya Mule – Love this paler print paired with all the light jeans and white pants for summer. Super-cute shoe.
Summery Color Combos & Mixing Snake Prints
You’ll notice the snake prints above are slightly varying in color. The warmer shade prints tend to blend well with warmer tones (see below). The whiter or lighter snake print patterns seem to work best with paler pastels and tones. It’s really about the value of the snake print pattern, too. I’ve chosen mostly lower contrast patterns above that are easier to mix in for summer, but also in general. The lower the contrast in the pattern, the less it draws attention to itself. We want just the right amount of attention to a printed accessory like these, but we don’t want it always stealing the show. Essentially, simmer down snake print, you’re bold enough to start with.
A Couple Snake Print Looks I Love
Top: tee | pants | shoes | snake print bag (similar)
Bottom: jacket | tee | jeans | snake print boots
Shop More Snake Print Accent Pieces
I feel like snake print is leopard’s summer cousin. And I’m digging it. I hope it sticks around a while! You know me and my animal prints. Have you tried this trend yet?
Hop on over to follow me on Instagram @laurajansenstyle to see more of what I’m up to in Portland, Oregon. And don’t forget about LikeToKnow.It for easy peasy shopping of the looks I’m loving!