You wanna know what I am all about right now? BODYSUITS. 100% Now, just so you know…when the trend first showed up on the scene, I was the one hesitantly standing on the sidelines with a slightly perplexed look on my face, like…does anyone else realize the whole it clips *you know where* and looks very much so like a bathing suit part? No? Just me?
It made me snicker under my breath…UNTIL I tried one on and actually wore it for an entire day. Um, you were wrong about these Cams. Holy crap. I can live with my shirt not riding up and no bum crack (not to mention how comfortable they are). Needless to say, I now wear the few that I have on the reg. (Obviously, I have gotten past my initial hang-ups. ha.)
So I was looking for something cool to wear to a thing a few weeks ago and so yep, I went with a bodysuit, but I needed another layer (it was actually below 60 that day *gasp*). None of my jackets did it for me and I didn’t want to hide the bodysuit, so that’s when the blanket cape happened. It was just a random throw on and well, hello.
A new favorite outfit was born in my closet that day.
The bells were ringing.
I may have shed a tear.
It was beautiful.
All that said, I got so incrediblely excited about this combo that I decided to make it into a style post and came up with a few others ways to style a bodysuit and blanket cape together.
Try not to get too emotional about it…
- S.K. Blanket Wrap (Blue 2) – this one makes me want to cozy up by a fire in a cabin. What a fun print! Perfect for the Winter months. Mountains, anyone?
2. TUXE Pacesetter Bodysuit – I’ve been wearing TUXE bodysuits for a few years now and love them. They’re well-made and feel great on. This one has some silver metallic to it, which is fab.
3. Sam Edelman Darrah Ankle Boot – I’ve been drooling over these in my cart for a week now. Furry, cute and would look great with a cozy wrap. gah!
4. Levi’s 501 Skinny Jeans – these would look great either straight (maybe slightly scrunched at the bottom at the top of the boot…depending on how tall you are) or cuffed.
5. ChicWish Blanket Cape – this one is very similar to my own. It looks great with a normal blue jean and darker denim…either black or a charcoal grey. I have been wearing mine often these past few weeks. Love it!
6. Ivy Park Net Bodysuit – man, this one is good. It’s got an athletic look to it, while also being edgy. The netting on top is similar to the style of my own. Not to mention it also has thumb holes (which I always get sold on).
7. Steve Madden Gaze Bootie – a sock bootie always looks good with a cropped jean.
8. Levi’s 505 c Cropped Straight Jeans – one of my top three pairs of jeans. I wear them at least twice a week. BTW: I did crop these a tad…just to have that jagged edge to them.
9. Madewell 9″ High-Rise Skinny Jeans – I love the look of a higher waist with a bodysuit. It just goes well together. I am a recent convert to Madewell jeans…and this may be my next pair.
10. Nike Free Running Shoe (black/anthracite) – obviously wearing sneakers with anything is perfectly acceptable these days, so a good black sneaker is always good to have. Nike is always a safe bet, too. These make the whole outfit a bit more sporty than the rest.
11. S.K Blanket Coat (Grey) – a nice grey that will go perfectly with black.
12. Commando Ballet Thong Bodysuit – the high neck on this is really pretty…and love that it’s a thong (no lines, please!).
13. Dolce Vita Lynx Combat Boot (rose velvet) – these totally surprised me. I saw them and was thinking they’d be too clunky on me, but no! While they are definitely a clunky-type shoe, they don’t look too big (even on my big feet) and I really, really like them. It’s an updated version of the military boot and I am now officially ON BOARD with this trend.
14. Free People Sunset Midi Skirt – I bought this one and am really hopeful about this piece. I can see myself wearing it now, next Spring and Fall next year. I like how draped and feminine it makes the whole outfit look…especially with the cape!
15. Brooke Turtleneck Bodysuit – amazing. The perfect piece to layer under everything this Winter.
16. ilishop Blanket Cape (khaki) – this may be my favorite of the bunch. Such a fun print and would look good with jeans, too.
Don’t knock the *you know where* clip until you try it.
That’s all I’m gonna say.
Find me over on Instagram (@camilledipaola) & say hey! I share more of our life, home, style & wild kid stuff over there, so it’s fun…